Sign in to follow this  
ColorsOfRainbows

anniversery event arsenal gone ?

4 comments in this topic

Players
356 posts
3,100 battles

Since the anniversery Quests are running up to 01.10 i thought we had up until then to cash in our tokens ... i gathered alot and now they are all gone and i cant get any captains and stuff for it ?

why wasnt it said big anywhere that its end with THIS patch today ? i wasnt able to log in 2 days and BAM all gone :/ rly ?

why not a warning why not a fat sign "must be cashed in until ...." why just remove silently ?

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles

There were many fat signs....

• Last Patch Notes
  • Current Patch Notes
  • Arsenal
  • Token Tooltip
  • Upcoming Events listing on the forum
  • multiple anncouncements on the forum
  • Cool 1

Players
1,170 posts
9,151 battles

I knew this would happen and Wargaming should have known as well.

See, the deadline was actually being announced, I think in at least two news bulletins and other places. But the lede was being a bit buried in a wall of text.

In addition, there were warning threads starting more than a week before the deadline on the forum.

Also I started spamming a chat message in many of my games up to the last minute, and there was hardly any game where not several people thanked me and said they hadn't realized. Surprisingly many people didn't even know where to spend them and what they could get for them. In fact, when I first wanted to find out how long the tokens were valid, I just asked in chat at the start of a game and the first and only response said he thought they were permanently valid. "Assume, and you make an [edited]out of u and me" as the saying goes.

My conclusion is:

1) Wargaming should lay off the in-game currencies. YAIGCs I like to call them. Yet another in-game currency. Do not introduce more of them - cull some of the existing ones. How many do we have now? Must be approaching an even dozen. They like to call some of them "resources" but they don't fool anybody. And each time they introduce a new one, it feels as though they want to fool players, want them to get more confused, dazzle them with shiny objects in order to get them to spend money they did not intend to spend. This is looking dangerously like the World of Tanks route.

2) Don't just invalidate them from one day to the other, which is exactly what you're doing when you convert them into credits. Some people do appreciate getting those credits. That is their business and that is fine. For them. But you could get goodies for the tokens you now cannot get for your credits, and what you can get for a measly 15k credits per token does not make up for the lost opportunities. All of which was obvious from the start, a road leading directly to frustrated players. You really didn't need to be a school teacher or anything to see that one coming for miles.

3) In contrast, transparency is the way to go if you want customer satisfaction, which in turn is the surest and best way to increasing your profit while decreasing your hassle. Just look at my "Wallet Warrior's Gold Guide". It's (duh) easily the most popular thing I've posted on this forum. I don't know how many people have had a look at the corresponding google spreadsheet, I don't even know if there is a way for mere mortals to find that out. But my feeling is very few of these people were put off of spending money and a good deal of them spent more than they would have without it, and feel they make informed decisions, about which they don't complain afterwards.

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles

I hope nobody, who is confused by in game currencies, ever decides to drive a motorized vehicle in traffic...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this