You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColdWarFish

You almost had a good event WG, almost...

106 comments in this topic

Players
63 posts
6,470 battles

Hey WG,

you know, when I familiarized myself with the RN event from your news, I found it rather nice.

Giving us the opportunity to play all of the missions in one day, if one has only limited time to spend on your game during the week.

Having the unreleased RN DDs show up as random drops again.

It all sounded quite nice and doable for pretty much anyone.

Unfortunately, the euphoria lasted only until I started the game and had a look at the last mission of directive 3 and 4 of phase 1...

image.thumb.png.f66654b11d66097a60286d81e839ff5a.png

So, just to be sure I get this right:

You are hiding missions of this event (with considerable rewards in the form of RN and premium RN boxes respectively) behind 2 (or maybe 3) ships, that are not fully in the game yet?

Ships that, in order to get them, you have to be either really lucky to pull those specific 2 from one of 12 free boxes you can gain in phase 1 or have to go GAMBLING for by purchasing your premium shop containers?

Or alternatively we can buy the Cossack full price (if it shows up on friday in the shop) to access those, right?

Right...

And those missions will not stay until the end of the event either (as each phase is active for 1 week), so we will not have more chances to get the T7 or T8 from the boxes that drop in the game, right?

Right...

Edit:

OK, seems this was too hard to understand...

Let me put in into more simple words:

Some of the missions require T7 or T8 RN DDs.

You can't do any of the ones in phase 1, except if you:

1. Buy the Cossack (full price or with a 4 Guinea "discount")
  2. Are lucky to get a Jervis or Lightning in one of 12 RN containers from phase 1 (the missions in phase 1 will be gone on Tuesday, so those 12 are all that you can get in time for the locked phase 1 missions)
  3. You buy RN containers in the premium shop to gamble for a Jervis or Lightning

If you are unlucky and not pull a Jervis or Lightning from one of the free boxes in phase 2+, you will stay locked out of T7 and T8 RN DD Missions in future pahses as well, except if you do one of the above 3 options.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but that is a really, really scummy move.

Locking missions behind a paywall (in the form of full price Cossack) or gambling (in the form of the free or prem shop containers) is maybe the most scummy thing I have seen yet, when it comes to WoWS events.

Some may say I should have known better, but I really am disappointed right now.

In fact, I expect the other phases to be similar.

Either you fork over the money for a premium, or you gamble, or you will be barred from some of the event "content"...

Just amazing.

As I said in the topic, you almost had a good event, WG, almost...

Disclaimer:

As usual with stuff like this, opinions may differ, but I think it is necessary to at least mention it publicly.

It might not impact you right now, but if this stuff gets always through uncommented it will just open the door for more of it.

And at some point it will have an impact on you as well.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
Spoiler
16 hours ago, ColdWarFish said:

Hey WG,

you know, when I familiarized myself with the RN event from your news, I found it rather nice.

Giving us the opportunity to play all of the missions in one day, if one has only limited time to spend on your game during the week.

Having the unreleased RN DDs show up as random drops again.

It all sounded quite nice and doable for pretty much anyone.

Unfortunately, the euphoria lasted only until I started the game and had a look at the last mission of directive 3 and 4 of phase 1...

image.thumb.png.f66654b11d66097a60286d81e839ff5a.png

So, just to be sure I get this right:

You are hiding missions of this event (with considerable rewards in the form of RN and premium RN boxes respectively) behind 2 (or maybe 3) ships, that are not fully in the game yet?

Ships that, in order to get them, you have to be either really lucky to pull those specific 2 from one of 12 free boxes you can gain in phase 1 or have to go GAMBLING for by purchasing your premium shop containers?

Or alternatively we can buy the Cossack full price (if it shows up on friday in the shop) to access those, right?

Right...

And those missions will not stay until the end of the event either (as each phase is active for 1 week), so we will not have more chances to get the T7 or T8 from the boxes that drop in the game, right?

Right...

I'm sorry to be blunt, but that is a really, really scummy move.

Locking missions behind a paywall (in the form of full price Cossack) or gambling (in the form of the free or prem shop containers) is maybe the most scummy thing I have seen yet, when it comes to WoWS events.

Some may say I should have known better, but I really am disappointed right now.

In fact, I expect the other phases to be similar.

Either you fork over the money for a premium, or you gamble, or you will be barred from some of the event "content"...

Just amazing.

As I said in the topic, you almost had a good event, WG, almost...

Disclaimer:

As usual with stuff like this, opinions may differ, but I think it is necessary to at least mention it publicly.

It might not impact you right now, but if this stuff gets always through uncommented it will just open the door for more of it.

And at some point it will have an impact on you as well.

I'm fairly sure you get the Acasta in the container you receive when you unlock stage 2.  kind of makes your whole rant a waste of time.

EDIT: I now realise I was mistaken with this post, please stop quoting it telling me I'm wrong. I know I am.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles

To be fair, WG did mention in advance that some bits were only doable in RN DDs, although they neglected to mention the tier: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/royal-navy/ currently dated 12th Sep)

"Pay attention, some of the missions can be completed only on British destroyers." (fairly near the top)

55 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

the event will still be going on when the British DD's are officially released so you only have to wait until then to complete a couple of missions

I was under the impression that each stage of the event shuts down after a week (a bit of a nuisance for me, as I'll miss a week due to being unable to play for several days)...?

Players
63 posts
6,470 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Malfuss sagte:
  Versteckte Inhalte sichtbar machen

I'm fairly sure you get the Acasta in the container you receive when you unlock stage 2. Even if you don't the event will still be going on when the British DD's are officially released so you only have to wait until then to complete a couple of missions. Which kind of makes your whole rant a waste of time.

Reading comprehension, heard of it?

Each Phase will be, according to the news article, active for 1 week. The mission is gone after 1 week.

If the news aren't mistranslated again, the missions will be long gone by the time the line is fully released.

Why did you think I specifically mentioned 12 free containers you can get the 2 silver DDs from?

Vor 5 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

To be fair, WG did mention in advance that some bits were only doable in RN DDs, although they neglected to mention the tier: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/royal-navy/ currently dated 12th Sep)

"Pay attention, some of the missions can be completed only on British destroyers." (fairly near the top)

I don't mind them being only available for certain ships. I find it stupid, that the only ships they are available for are un-released ships that can only be unlocked by luck (or gambling) or by a premium that you will have to buy.

• Cool 5

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

- Giving people an edge who own a certain (prmium) ship is...

578f1e150f25c970e4af1c1a21c1454f.gif

...and here I thought you learned from the 2017 X-Mas/New Year event. Guess I was wrong...

- The Hall of no Life...ehm Hall of Grind...damnit... Hall of "Fame" might look nice but rewarding antisocial behavior (See all that drama while "Go Navy" was running) is wrong in so many ways... But hey, I guess @Adam_1000 will be happy again...

- 48/50 Guinea pigs for HMS Cossak...

84hw.gif

...seems "nice" to grind all this otherwise useless currency. How much for the last 2 then? 20€ each? Well I guess "thank you" for the 720.000 Credits because making something else to buy with them is too much work. :cap_tea:

All in all:

Copy & Paste the worst things of past events and slap a new name on it = "Royal Navy Event"

181.gif

CheerfulShallowGaur-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, Malfuss said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm fairly sure you get the Acasta in the container you receive when you unlock stage 2.  kind of makes your whole rant a waste of time.

I didn't

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
1 minute ago, ColdWarFish said:

Reading comprehension, heard of it?

Each Phase will be, according to the news article, active for 1 week. The mission is gone after 1 week.

If the news aren't mistranslated again, the missions will be long gone by the time the line is fully released.

Why did you think I specifically mentione 12 free containers you can get the 2 silver DDs from?

Yes, I have, that's why I edited my post to remove that part and for some reason it won't let me add that it's been edited. 

Players
63 posts
6,470 battles

To be fair, in the xmas event you could still do all missions after unlocking the Puke of Dork.

In this one? Not so much.

Gerade eben, Malfuss sagte:

Yes, I have, that's why I edited my post to remove that part and for some reason it won't let me add that it's been edited. 

alright then. :Smile_smile:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles
4 minutes ago, ColdWarFish said:

I find it stupid, that the only ships they are available for are un-released ships that can only be unlocked by luck (or gambling) or by a premium that you will have to buy.

I don't disagree with you - it's rather a cynical ploy by WG (which I'll fall for, hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angling Times).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
5 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I didn't

And it also doesn't look like I was correct on that point either, so apologies, my bad.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
799 posts
3,001 battles

Haven't looked in game yet, but I thought you only had to complete three out of the five directives each week?

Players
63 posts
6,470 battles

Vor 3 Minuten, Uglesett sagte:

Haven't looked in game yet, but I thought you only had to complete three out of the five directives each week?

To get the Guineas, yes.

To get all rewards, no.

The two locked rewards in phase one are a premium and a regular RN container.

And I suspect Phases 2-4 will be similar or have even more missions locked behind T7 and 8 RN DDs.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles
4 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

To unlock the following directive, you need to complete three missions (according to https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/royal-navy/); I think the objection is that, to maximise rewards (and get the most cheapness on Cossack), you need the specific ships...

Edit: ninja'd!

[-HUN-]
Players
737 posts
8,321 battles

What did you expect? There is a reason why new collactibles are born with every update. You grind and spend money. Tokens gone, now it's guineas and hell knows whats the other. When this event closes, most of the players gonna have a useless amount of them again like with last event. Next event is gonna have a different one. So you can't actually stack them up and use them unless you grind like someone with no life or you spend actual money for it.

WG is like EA and I won't give money someone resembling to EA. Cos

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[BIF]
Players
57 posts
1,974 battles

I actually like the RN mission layout. I can do alot of them at once ( no stages ), and it is not as frustrating as , like  " do this X requirement in under 2 day ".

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
2 hours ago, Malfuss said:
  Hide contents

Why do you think that? I completed Directives 1 and 2 with all missions done and no ship missions from the containers.

• Cool 1

[-NARF]
Players
2 posts
1,377 battles

Can't do anymore mission after 2 directives semi-completed as I dont have a RN DD of tier 5 or higher

in 12 hours next directive with new chances:(

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

Whining always whining...... This is a great event WG. don't listen to the salty tears

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Players
935 posts
7,216 battles

I'm not quite sure why I'm playing it - I'll level the whole RN line and have no intention of skipping it, I already have a Haidi and a Warspite, Gallant is in the shop. Still, things to do...

Players
382 posts
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Gallant is still in the shop for £££.....

1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Hmmm where did I get my Gallant from? Oh yes, for buying her for last years Operation Dynamo ... I'm weak. I know.

Some of the Royal Navy missions require a RN Destroyer of Tier V to VIII. So those can be done in the Tier VI Gallant.

Some of them require a RN Destroyer of Tier VII to VIII. So those cannot and require luck with containers/missions or buying the Cossack.

I'd noticed that missions required a RN Destroyer, been glad that could be done in Co-Op, been puzzled that could be done in Arms Race when the minimum tier for that mode was IX and the maximum tier for the DD was VIII, and hadn't noticed that the minimum tier for the RN DD in different tasks varied. So good eye by the OP.

• Cool 1

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Why do you think that? I completed Directives 1 and 2 with all missions done and no ship missions from the containers.

I thought that because that was how I got mine. It was later pointed out I was incorrect.