Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ulvesnutepostei

Nasdaq Wargaming style

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

I want a resourse Exchange where I can trade whatever resourses or xp I have into other stuff that I currently need or buy it With gold or credits

 

Many of us are sitting on shitloads of stuff we never will be able to use without being able to trade it into other stuff

 

Some kind of system must be possible to figure out so I can buy or sell coal, steel, oil etc for credits, gold or freeXP etc

 

This could be solved in the arsenal and even With some Financial buildings in the clan section for better trade rates etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
405 posts
4,210 battles

this has been brought up on Aerroon's podcast if you listen. People have farmed all they can get of useless resources and don't have access to others while not having access to certain ones left exclusive to a certain part of the player base is just not fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles
4 minutes ago, CraftyVeteran said:

this has been brought up on Aerroon's podcast if you listen. People have farmed all they can get of useless resources and don't have access to others while not having access to certain ones left exclusive to a certain part of the player base is just not fair.

This is business. WG doesn't care about being fair, they are out for profit. And if profit can be made by using and abusing arbitrary systems, then they will do it.

So enjoy a nice tall glass of artificial scarcity and know that nothing, save for a collapse of revenue, will change that.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,752 posts
9,922 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

This is business. WG doesn't care about being fair, they are out for profit. And if profit can be made by using and abusing arbitrary systems, then they will do it.

So enjoy a nice tall glass of artificial scarcity and know that nothing, save for a collapse of revenue, will change that.

 

That way of thinking is pretty simple don't you think? If WG really want to focus on pure profit making they can create the resource exchange and then implement say a dubloon transaction fee/tax that will be dependent on the amount traded. 

 

However doing that will not earn them any goodwill from the playerbase. So yeah just think harder next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles
10 minutes ago, pra3y said:

 

That way of thinking is pretty simple don't you think? If WG really want to focus on pure profit making they can create the resource exchange and then implement say a dubloon transaction fee/tax that will be dependent on the amount traded. 

 

However doing that will not earn them any goodwill from the playerbase. So yeah just think harder next time.

It is simple because it describes the basics, something someone like you would understand. WG has to juggle more than just pure profit. The game has a bad retention rate on the EU server and they have to take that into account.

They have to balance the bloated prices with the fact that they still need to convince people to buy their product. They have to make sure the "exclusive" rewards are achieved only through real life investment of time and effort, and when they become widespread they are replaced with new investment intensive "rewards". It's a push-pull tactic.

 

And speaking of goodwill, how much did they earn with the Graf Zeppelin, Conqueror, Christmas convoys, removal of premiums from the shop, Stalingrad?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,558 battles

A general bad idea. If you have so many resources just focus on the one you need and use the one that you have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,239 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Ulvesnutepostei sagte:

Some kind of system must be possible to figure out so I can buy or sell coal, steel, oil etc for credits, gold or freeXP etc

selling coal/steel/oil for credits? ok why not. But buying coal, oil or even steel for credits/doubloons/whatever NO NO NO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles

The game is probably going to need a credit/freexp sink, otherwise there will become a point where premium time is no longer needed. Sure, it can be implemented at rip-off rates, since the idea is that it is a sink for those that have accumulated every ship and boosted all captains to 19points and have nothing else to do with ship-loads of credits and freexp.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,564 battles
6 hours ago, Aragathor said:

 

And speaking of goodwill, how much did they earn with the Graf Zeppelin, Conqueror, Christmas convoys, removal of premiums from the shop, Stalingrad?

They didnt make a single cent on Stalingrad, at least no directly. I know mine didnt cost anything...  And for the record, I do think they screwed up the 3rd clan battle season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
9 hours ago, Episparh said:

A general bad idea. If you have so many resources just focus on the one you need and use the one that you have. 

I do focus on the ones i need ...

 

... the idea is that I have 500 million credits I could redistribute because I will never ever be able to use it all ... being able to exchange my XP into freeXP with credits rather than dubloons is just one example

 

13 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Na, WG will keep Coal and Steel exclusive to keep us all playing...

I played this game for 3 years before coal and steel and will continue to play regardlessly ... the game concept is what keeps me here, not coal or steel ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles
1 hour ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

I played this game for 3 years before coal and steel and will continue to play regardlessly ... the game concept is what keeps me here, not coal or steel ...

Well likewise for me.

 

If I give up it'll be because of the player base or the fact I'm bored :cap_haloween:

 

Some folk are raging at the exclusive Prems however.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CU]
Players
296 posts
3,439 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

If I give up it'll be because of the player base or the fact I'm bored :cap_haloween:

 

Some folk are raging at the exclusive Prems however.

The folks raging are the entitlement crowd who don't feel they need to earn anything, they feel it is their right to be given it. Personally, I would prefer to have to work for something for the sense of accomplishment.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles
11 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

I want a resourse Exchange where I can trade whatever resourses or xp I have into other stuff that I currently need or buy it With gold or credits

 

Many of us are sitting on shitloads of stuff we never will be able to use without being able to trade it into other stuff

 

Some kind of system must be possible to figure out so I can buy or sell coal, steel, oil etc for credits, gold or freeXP etc

 

This could be solved in the arsenal and even With some Financial buildings in the clan section for better trade rates etc 

Do this and people sitting on hordes of resources, need not play the game as much, and WG want us to play the game as much as possible, because that encourages us to spent cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,558 battles
1 hour ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

I do focus on the ones i need ...

 

... the idea is that I have 500 million credits I could redistribute because I will never ever be able to use it all ... being able to exchange my XP into freeXP with credits rather than dubloons is just one example

Well, could you elaborate on what exactly you want to spend credits? 

 

I do have like 20 mil credits and I am having just enough for the new ships I am grinding simply because I keep most of the ships I've played. 

 

You can spend credits on premium consumables and basic paint. That is more than enough for that easy obtainable resource. 

 

What you suggest is to have the ability to convert cheap resources for rare one - that will reduce the profit.

Your example with ship xp to free xp is not applicable as converting credits to doublons is clearly against WG sales income. 

 

You are allowed to convert Steel to Coal. This is what you can expect. Conversion from rare resource to cheap one. The opposite will makes no sense for the producer. 

 

So buy more silver ships and keep them or reduce your credit earnings if that bothers you so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,564 battles
24 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

The folks raging are the entitlement crowd who don't feel they need to earn anything, they feel it is their right to be given it. Personally, I would prefer to have to work for something for the sense of accomplishment.

Yeah, not long ago we had a thread complaining you cant get Stalingrad in one season of ranked IIRC... We had to work our [edited]off in 3CB seasons to get it... Im actually glad theres no other way to get one without being very good or very very very persistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

1.Well, could you elaborate on what exactly you want to spend credits? 

 

2.I do have like 20 mil credits and I am having just enough for the new ships I am grinding simply because I keep most of the ships I've played. 

 

3.You can spend credits on premium consumables and basic paint. That is more than enough for that easy obtainable resource. 

 

4.What you suggest is to have the ability to convert cheap resources for rare one - that will reduce the profit.

 

5.Your example with ship xp to free xp is not applicable as converting credits to doublons is clearly against WG sales income. 

 

6.You are allowed to convert Steel to Coal. This is what you can expect. Conversion from rare resource to cheap one. The opposite will makes no sense for the producer. 

 

7.So buy more silver ships and keep them or reduce your credit earnings if that bothers you so much. 

1. Have already done that, I would like a free or more free market than we have today where I can exchange my resourses into what ever I may need ...  I know I will never get that but that is what I want

 

2. Good for you

 

3. I already spend credits on whatever i can spend it on

 

4. That is just a question of an exchange rate, rare ones should have a high value and so on and so forth

 

5. Not a problem, a slight drop in income for the introduction period but still just a drop in the ocean, I'm not expecting a totally free market but I wish for something more flexible than what we have today

 

6. Why would it not make sense, all that is needed is some kind of exchange fee or rate for the conversion, there still is good ways to make money of this 

 

7. I have all the ships I could possibly own at the moment, a new ship line costs about 100 million credits and 1 million freeXP, I make way more than that between each launch without breaking a sweat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_Die said:

Yeah, not long ago we had a thread complaining you cant get Stalingrad in one season of ranked IIRC... We had to work our [edited]off in 3CB seasons to get it... Im actually glad theres no other way to get one without being very good or very very very persistent. 

It was not a complaint about not getting the Stalingrad in one ranked season, get your facts straight ... it was about how you had to reach rank 1 for 4 years before you could get one if you are cut off from playing CB and that is way more than being very very very persistent.

 

2 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Do this and people sitting on hordes of resources, need not play the game as much, and WG want us to play the game as much as possible, because that encourages us to spent cash.

Why would I play less?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

The arguments of those who are against the idea to let players buy coal/steel/oil for credits / freeXP are reasonable.

 

But still. More ways to spend credits / freeXP are always welcome . 

Why not add a premium ship for 100 mln credits? Or maybe "Fleet High Quarters study" for a Captian for 500 mln credits which will give him 2 additional skill point etc.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles
17 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Why would I play less?

Some people wouldn't have to grind to get those resources, if they could simply convert those they already have. Also if this was enabled someone with Missouri could simply take her out and earn credits and convert them to steel.

Missouri already broke the games credit  economy, it's why WG withdrew her. 

 

You are asking WG to allow her to break the steel and coal economies too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
46 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Some people wouldn't have to grind to get those resources, if they could simply convert those they already have. Also if this was enabled someone with Missouri could simply take her out and earn credits and convert them to steel.

Missouri already broke the games credit  economy, it's why WG withdrew her. 

 

You are asking WG to allow her to break the steel and coal economies too.

Well ... if you say for example 100 million credits for 1000 steel that wouldn't exactly break the economy would it??

 

Roughly 100 rounds of grinding with the Missouri to get 1000 steel is not exactly especially encouraging BUT it would be an alternative ...

 

This can be solved in so many ways and with none, few or many restictions  ... I'm not asking WG to break their economy, this could however actually help increase their earnings if they do it right ...

 

Dont understand why people are so negative just discussing it :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,866 battles

There is no need to make steel and coal easier to obtain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,558 battles
2 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

1. Have already done that, I would like a free or more free market than we have today where I can exchange my resourses into what ever I may need ...  I know I will never get that but that is what I want

 

2. Good for you

 

3. I already spend credits on whatever i can spend it on

 

4. That is just a question of an exchange rate, rare ones should have a high value and so on and so forth

 

5. Not a problem, a slight drop in income for the introduction period but still just a drop in the ocean, I'm not expecting a totally free market but I wish for something more flexible than what we have today

 

6. Why would it not make sense, all that is needed is some kind of exchange fee or rate for the conversion, there still is good ways to make money of this 

 

7. I have all the ships I could possibly own at the moment, a new ship line costs about 100 million credits and 1 million freeXP, I make way more than that between each launch without breaking a sweat

You still not answered my question. 

What you suggest to buy with credits. 

 

I want people at high levels to understand what is angling, why rushing or camping 18km away from action is bad but that will not happen. 

The salem alone is a proof for that. T10 bought with coal... When I see salem in ranked I do not need to check it ever to tell you that his owner in 95% of the cases played just t5-t8 premium ships and have no idea what end game is. 

 

So no, don't make it even easier for that players to reach end game without knowing the basics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles
2 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Well ... if you say for example 100 million credits for 1000 steel that wouldn't exactly break the economy would it??

 

Roughly 100 rounds of grinding with the Missouri to get 1000 steel is not exactly especially encouraging BUT it would be an alternative ...

 

This can be solved in so many ways and with none, few or many restictions  ... I'm not asking WG to break their economy, this could however actually help increase their earnings if they do it right ...

 

Dont understand why people are so negative just discussing it :cap_hmm:

I'd much prefer to see WG give us something to actually spend, excess resources on.

 

I'd love to be awash with credits but I'm not, I always need them, but i know some of you have 10's and 100's of millions with nothing to spend them on.

 

It would be much better for WG to give you a Stalingrad style ship, something special, something unique, that you could spend your credits on, rather than giving you the option to convert one resource into another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

You still not answered my question. 

What you suggest to buy with credits. 

 

I want people at high levels to understand what is angling, why rushing or camping 18km away from action is bad but that will not happen. 

The salem alone is a proof for that. T10 bought with coal... When I see salem in ranked I do not need to check it ever to tell you that his owner in 95% of the cases played just t5-t8 premium ships and have no idea what end game is. 

 

So no, don't make it even easier for that players to reach end game without knowing the basics. 

I answered that several times now ...

 

I'd like to convert my credits into other stuff that I actually could spend on something I dont have ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×