Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Clan Base 2.0: WG favoring BIG clans again

39 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles

I was told from NA that for the "steel port" alone you need 260.000 Oil.

Coal sitting somewhere at 150.000 Oil.

So only the big clans will be able to give their members all the bonuses.

Does WG want the smaller clans to disappear entirely ?

It is hard enough to get new members already.

Big clans already have a lot of advantages over smaller ones.

(For example:

They can field multiple CW divisions under the same rating simultaneously, so they reach Typhoon/Hurricane at day 1 or 2 of CW already.

Instead of letting them field their divisions under multiple ratings - but only one division at a time for each rating - so that they would have to grind just like the rest...)

But that was still fine with me.

What is not ok though, is letting the small clans starve because they simply cannot build a proper base anymore.

What is the plan here WG ? 

You obviously did not want the new base to be a grind for everyone, since you didn't increase the upgrade cost with clan size / increase the cost for expansion after upgades.

Do you only want a few big clans ?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,535 posts
5,870 battles
7 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

:cap_fainting:

We are currently only couple of active players (well for a long time we were only 2 active :Smile_teethhappy:) and we have like 21k oil combined + ~2k from the supply line event (2 loss 1 win + couple of 60 for every 10stars). So total of 23k roughly. And we have to count in that this got pushed by all the extra containers recently!

Basicly we will need several years to get one of those ports... for 3% more Coal/steel, which basicly is even irrelevant atleast in the current form. If i earn max 6,5k (?) steel in one ranked season, with an extra 3% that would be like 6695... Yep, gonna help me a lot... not :Smile_sceptic:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,766 posts
10,662 battles
14 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

(For example:

They can field multiple CW divisions under the same rating simultaneously, so they reach Typhoon/Hurricane at day 1 or 2 of CW already.

Instead of letting them field their divisions under multiple ratings - but only one division at a time for each rating - so that they would have to grind just like the rest...)

What is not ok though, is letting the small clans starve because they simply cannot build a proper base anymore.

@MrConway @Crysantos @Ev1n 

What is the plan here ? 

(You obviously did not want the new base to be a grind for everyone, since you didn't increase the upgrade cost with clan size / increase the cost for expansion after upgades.)

Increasing cost with clan size wouldn't be a good solution.

But imagine the following:

- oil is transported to the clan every day (not immediately) and an "oil-gathering ladder" is created. Then...

- top 5 earners provide 100% of the oil they gathered

- the next 10 earners provide 50% of the oil gathered

- the rest only effectively provide the clan with 10% of the earned oil

Result?

1. You still are better off with more members - the incentive to have active players is there (and everybody's oil counts)

2. (unlike with costs scaling with clan size) There's no penalty for a member on vacation - having a member that doesn't contribute costs you nothing (not counting the member slot, of course)

3. A smaller clan with active players is behind an active clan with big roster but still in the same league - they're not prevented from building a good base, although they do need to work harder/spend more time.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
29 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

(For example:

@MrConway @Crysantos @Ev1n 

What is the plan here ? 

You obviously did not want the new base to be a grind for everyone, since you didn't increase the upgrade cost with clan size / increase the cost for expansion after upgades.

You would prefer if big clans could buy everything in one day and do not know what to do with oil after that?

The advantage of Base 2.0 is that every clan can chose what is improtant for them and still have use for additional oil.

Edit:

Unless something was changed, here are the costs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ix8GH60J7cI0SUXiNqO6jqzOWmTXA8RkjeKUA2rvly8/edit#gid=0

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You would prefer if big clans could buy everything in one day and do not know what to do with oil after that?

No I just want the small clans to have adequate prices as well.

Thx mate.

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

No I just want the small clans to have adequate prices as well.

Open for abuse.

Farm with 50 people. Send 49 people on vacation. Buy clan base. Invite 49 people.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Open for abuse.

Farm with 50 people. Send 49 people on vacation. Buy clan base. Invite 49 people.

40 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles

Then you should say that.

A 5 man clan would always be treated as 30 man capacity (minimum capacity)?

I do not see that the prices would be much different that way.

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles

Then you should say that.

A 5 man clan would always be treated as 30 man capacity (minimum capacity)?

I do not see that the prices would be much different that way.

If there is indeed no good solution, we have to choose from what is left.

Countless small clans not being able to build a proper base is worse than a few big clans having nothing to spend on anymore.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,766 posts
10,662 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Open for abuse.

Well, I provided a solution to that in a previous post... it wouldn't resolve the issue of oil already gathered but it would be a solution for the future - no real way to abuse that system since there's nothing to gain from not having people - it's just that as the oil gains don't scale linearly with the number of equally active players.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,185 battles

Well, you can get similar if not better bonuses for the same cost in 2.0 as you can now with just the cheap buildings.....the expensive options are long term investments.

I'm fine with this

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

If there is indeed no good solution, we have to choose from what is left.

Countless small clans not being able to build a proper base is worse than a few big clans having nothing to spend on anymore.

With 20k Oil, you can already build a proper clan base. Note the increasing oil costs for the later levels.

Level 3 for the important buildings is really cheap.

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

With 20k Oil, you can already build a proper clan base. Note the increasing oil costs for the later levels.

Level 3 for the important buildings is really cheap.

Are you for real ?

Of course we need steel and coal bonuses to attract players at our level.

[5D]
Players
233 posts
10,974 battles

Nothing wrong with the cost, not supposed to be able to get everything instantly and it tends to be the last upgrade for each building that will be a grind. You just have to prioritise what you want to begin with. Only 18 members in my clan and we will be maxing out coal and steel most likely, sacrificing everything else. 

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,787 posts
7,726 battles
13 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Are you for real ?

if your recruits are idiotic enough to make their decision for or against a clan based on 3-5% more or less Steel or Coal, then you either should be glad to avoid them, or think about some actual incentives to make them join you... :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
15 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Are you for real ?

Yes. We will probably build all other buildings to max level before going for Coal or Steel.

Going for Steel does not seem a good strategy for a small clan.

The 5% Coal bonus costs just 4.000. The additional 5% for 120.000 are not really attractive, unless you have nothing to spend your Oil on.

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles
27 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

if your recruits are idiotic enough to make their decision for or against a clan based on 3-5% more or less Steel or Coal, then you either should be glad to avoid them, or think about some actual incentives to make them join you... :fish_palm:

Fair point, but what about our existing members ?

Should they not be able to get full steel/coal boni ?

[DSW]
Players
3,787 posts
7,726 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Fair point, but what about our existing members ?

Should they not be able to get full steel/coal boni ?

well, ask them what they consider more important... 3-5% extra Steel, or all of the other economic bonuses - all of the non-steel/coal buildings combined minus the last level of service costs add up to about the same as the second and third level of Steel. I know which of the two I'd be voting for, especially since you can only spend Steel in very very large chunks and thus getting a tiny amount extra isnt going to make all that much of a difference most of the time.

And for the record, unless the numbers have changed I'm pretty sure we won't be able to build a full base either - and TTT ain't exactly a small or new clan :Smile_Default:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

WG is optimistic that their game will last long enough for folk to farm the oil yeah...

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,542 battles

To be fair I think the costs of improvements should scale the size of your headquarters. So every clan get the chance to get what they want. When the HQ gets upgraded all oil invested in other improvements will be returned to the clan and base is reset. This would be a fair solution for smaller clans and no one cam abuse the discount to buy everything on discount and then go big.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
19 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

well, ask them what they consider more important... 3-5% extra Steel, or all of the other economic bonuses - all of the non-steel/coal buildings combined minus the last level of service costs add up to about the same as the second and third level of Steel. I know which of the two I'd be voting for, especially since you can only spend Steel in very very large chunks and thus getting a tiny amount extra isnt going to make all that much of a difference most of the time.

And for the record, unless the numbers have changed I'm pretty sure we won't be able to build a full base either - and TTT ain't exactly a small or new clan :Smile_Default:

I thought the steel buff building is overrated yeah as you receive and spend it in huge chunks.

I'm about 50% towards a Stalingrad and a few percent won't help me since it's won in such large portions. Unless I'm only missing a bit and a few ranks in Ranked Battles tips me over the edge...

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

WG is optimistic that their game will last long enough for folk to farm the oil yeah...

We will have a full 2.0 Base in 16 to 20 months.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

We will have a full 2.0 Base in 16 to 20 months.

How much manpower do you have grinding that out? My CL estimates we'll need 2 years...

Sign in to follow this