You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TorpingReaper

Ranked season

30 comments in this topic

[DBP]
Players
5 posts
3,514 battles

i think it´s to easy to end up in first place playing a cv in ranked, you don´t need any skill just a few hits and the reconaissance by planes does the rest and you don´t have to worry about losing while others are struggling to get up higher in the ranking season which isn´t fair at all. if a cv performs miserably of course you have the option to report him but is that actually enough? in my opinion it isn´t, cv´s doesn´t belong in rankeds at all they don´t need any actual skill when it´s 7 vs 7. i experienced that in several matches nobody who actually performed better end up in first place thanks to these guys

• Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
242 posts
12,824 battles

Yeah no.

Playing a CV in ranked is arguably the most difficult role to play other than as a DD in a CV game. Because if a CV makes one mistake it can cost a ship and therefore the game. Playing a CV certainly does guarantee keeping your star since your impact on the game comes in burst. So all I can say mate is either you don't understand how CV's play or you've just had an unfortunate streak of poor CV players on your team who seem to do better than you. If that is the case than the issue may not be with them but with you.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Players
476 posts
20,626 battles

wow the audacity of you to think its easy for us CVs in ranked. we have to spend the first 2 minutes writing a wall of text in chat telling people where to go and how to play in CV ranked games and not to go off alone and whine if they are dropped. not to go into enemy AA, to save def AA for AP bombs etc. and that's just at the start of the game. after that we have to scout where all the ships are going to see where its safe to put our CV whilst trying to protect our team and seeing if there are any gaps to get any early drops in on dds. oh and don't forget the abuse we get at the start of a game "oh no CV game" "why do play CVs in ranked you are ruining my game" there is much worse comments i have gotten but i cant repeat them in the forums. any back to our job of carrying you potatoes through your game. during mid game we have to constantly tell our team to stop being so aggressive and pushing into enemy AA and make them understand that its more about kills than caps. this is all whilst trying to avoid the enemy fighters locking you over enemy AA whilst you scout and watching if he tries to aggressively strafe you so you can reverse strafe on him. oh and lastly, ranked is mostly about which team has the best AA ships. a CV can be completely locked out if there is 1 full aa spec mino or Worcester protecting his entire team, and in that scenario we cant drop anything so we come last. do i need to continue or are you educated now?

• Cool 7

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles

You've played all of seven Langley games.

Your only T10 is the Gearing.

...how about you get a clue first before posting that kind of rubbish?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[DBP]
Players
5 posts
3,514 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, KIllerbin34 sagte:

Yeah no.

Playing a CV in ranked is arguably the most difficult role to play other than as a DD in a CV game. Because if a CV makes one mistake it can cost a ship and therefore the game. Playing a CV certainly does guarantee keeping your star since your impact on the game comes in burst. So all I can say mate is either you don't understand how CV's play or you've just had an unfortunate streak of poor CV players on your team who seem to do better than you. If that is the case than the issue may not be with them but with you.

first of all , if you´d be able to read! it would be already pretty obvious that i dind´t play the cv role and yeah several times and nope i completely disagree. just clicking around, spotting works automatically and throwing some bombs and torps doesn´t should result in a save place 1 always no matter how poorly you performed because that´s what´s happening here all the time in several matchens and on different days

[DBP]
Players
5 posts
3,514 battles

haha sure, i´ve never witnessed that at all, randomly moving around a few planes and killing some lowies that´s what i saw so far and this covers for first place and you are talking about som serious crap i´ve never witnessed since i started the game, cv´s doesn´t belong in rankeds and if they are they should get a handicap

• Bad 3

[DBP]
Players
5 posts
3,514 battles

yeah don´t bother with your little try of insulting me, it´s not like i haven´t played against a lot of cv´s by now. you are talking some nonsene like it would be some kind of artwork but it´s not a guarantueed first place while the rest has to struggle to move up in rankeds.... all you have to do is crop your way playing a cv to rank 1 isn´t that true and it´s not even so hard i guess xD

• Bad 1

[5D]
Players
233 posts
10,984 battles

Sorry but you clearly have no clue how CV's work and how difficult they are to play well at high tiers. Why not go grind them and see for yourself, as you obviously won't listen to anyone here.

• Cool 1

[DBP]
Players
5 posts
3,514 battles

if you are jsut trying to hate get off of this thread,  for anyone who just defends the cv players do it but i don´t really care about it. i haven´t witnessed any cv´s having a great impact on the outcome in my teams and they always ended up in the first place, they didn´t deserved it and that´s the point. so there´s a good reason why the base ep should be lowered for cv´s overall or just kick em out. 

[5D]
Players
233 posts
10,984 battles
7 minutes ago, TorpingReaper said:

if you are jsut trying to hate get off of this thread,  for anyone who just defends the cv players do it but i don´t really care about it. i haven´t witnessed any cv´s having a great impact on the outcome in my teams and they always ended up in the first place, they didn´t deserved it and that´s the point. so there´s a good reason why the base ep should be lowered for cv´s overall or just kick em out. 

You are the one trying to get hate from, completely ignoring everyones points and continuing with your pointless whining. Have you thought that maybe there is a reason that no one has come rushing to agree with you yet? 

Just a tip maybe try answering people points rather that continue saying the same thing over and over again. Even better go play some CV games and then form an opinion based on knowledge.

• Cool 2

Players
4,404 posts
9,232 battles

a good thing then that cv economy was completely broken a year ago 

3 hours ago, TorpingReaper said:

i think it´s to easy to end up in first place playing a cv in ranked, you don´t need any skill just a few hits and the reconaissance by planes does the rest and you don´t have to worry about losing while others are struggling to get up higher in the ranking season which isn´t fair at all. if a cv performs miserably of course you have the option to report him but is that actually enough? in my opinion it isn´t, cv´s doesn´t belong in rankeds at all they don´t need any actual skill when it´s 7 vs 7. i experienced that in several matches nobody who actually performed better end up in first place thanks to these guys

do you by any chance have some screenshots and / or replays to back up this assumption? I would really like to take a closer look here. 

Because last time i played spotting dmg had such a small influence that its hardly recognizeable :) so either your cv capped and / or sank 5 ships or you / all scored 1000 base xp or less. The cv economy got screwed up when they changed the repair cost system and had to be buffed again to come near the other classes. yet, if you get 2 caps and sink a dd with your gearing there's pretty much no way the cv will be able to catch up to you... 

Players
948 posts
8,499 battles

I think that you are very wrong OP..

I have only had a few ranked games with a CV present and I cannot imagine it is so easy for them. At Tier 10 you have enemy ships that have superior AA that chops planes to pieces if a CV does not play his squadrons right.

You then as a CV player have to try to anticipate the play style of your opposite number so that your fighters are available to defend your team. So all in all I have to say CV's in ranked have far more to do than jump in to farm points and anyone who has tried CV play significantly would understand this.

Playing a Langley is nothing like playing at Tier 10 CV, I know because I have played Langley, Bogue and Independence, I also have Saipan.. and I still have much to learn because beyond Bogue it is a whole new ball game...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,780 posts
10,685 battles
3 hours ago, TorpingReaper said:

i think it´s to easy to end up in first place playing a cv in ranked (...)

I haven't played CVs this season but I did a bit in some of the previous ones and, if anything, CVs' problem was that it was even harder to top the scoreboard than in a DD. WINNING in a CV was relatively easy (you were very influential so if you managed to do better job than the enemy CV, the impact on the match was huge). Problem is, most of the Ranked match for a CV was spotting (hardly rewarded) and plane chess with the opposing CV. Actual airstrikes (that thing that really gives you XP)? They were hardly happening! Unless the enemy messed up, but in that case it didn't really matter much where you placed in the team because enemy messing up tends to result in victories :Smile-_tongue:

Perhaps it's different on tX due to rewards for shooting down planes, so I won't say that you're certainly wrong - but at least the lower tier Ranked experience directly contradicts your claim.

Beta Tester
194 posts
5,643 battles

I can't recall any of the tier X CVs in my ranked games coming top by XP on either team and given how much influence the CV player has on the outcome of the game I find it hard to envisage a scenario where a CV comes top on a team that doesn't also win. Maybe if everyone else on the team went afk?

[ITA_C]
Players
231 posts
6,718 battles

Op is the classic ranked dd who jump into cap at start and sit into enemy worchester aa  expecting to be covered by his cv, or maybe is the one that when cv at start give advice on what to do he do the opposite  just because he know better then rage in chat when he die cuz enemy cv caught him alone, no man you are the problem to score good with cv need to do a lot really a lot but belive me neither unicum cv can carry a game if team do not collab

[ITA_C]
Players
231 posts
6,718 battles
7 hours ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I can't recall any of the tier X CVs in my ranked games coming top by XP on either team and given how much influence the CV player has on the outcome of the game I find it hard to envisage a scenario where a CV comes top on a team that doesn't also win. Maybe if everyone else on the team went afk?

It happen often in  rank 10-6 cause the average skill level is so low now that one hope that them are afk at least for do not see them run to borders, that also made progress in tiers harder cuz way more based on mm luck 

Players
451 posts
6,401 battles
10 hours ago, TorpingReaper said:

Having seen the potato teams in ranked I'm pretty sure that ending up at the top of the losing team requires much less effort than you suggest.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
13 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

we have to spend the first 2 minutes writing a wall of text (...)

You must be the only one. lol

[5D]
Players
476 posts
20,626 battles
Just now, Skyllon said:

You must be the only one. lol

I hope not. Its necessary because people think they can just play like they usually do and not get punished by the cv. Then moan at me for not protecting them in ridiculous positions

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

Can't wait for the cv rework. I suck at playing them and still like the idea of having them in game, but they are currently far too influential as a single vessel. CV mains or those that are very capable in them will no doubtedly fall prey to all their biases and defend the cv's as they currently are because it's, well, easy for them to influence battles on a massive scale. Those that die from single AP bomb drops, mass torpedo strikes and told they're noobs for not dodging them, those who don't rig their ships for AA because they only see cv's now and then and won't waste other valuable perks, those who don't have the def AA upgrade because the option is not there, or those in lower tier ships (8) suffering a strike from a tier 10 cv, etc, will no doubt  (and in my personal view - quite justifiable) argue against the current cv game-state.

We might not see them often and some of you argue how hard they are to play (which is subjective and I'm guessing this is simply a defensive response?),  but they are a problem and need to change, stop resisting it and get with the programme. And no, they should NOT be allowed in ranked IMHO .