Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Yamato shells all over the place

19 comments in this topic

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,789 battles

all of a sudden my Yamato’s shells seem to be all over the place, I see, to be getting a huge spread even at 10-15km I even missed a broadside Yamato at 12km it looked like I had shot a shotgun, I take it it’s just RNG [edited]me over?

on another note are they finally fixing the render bug in the next patch?

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,009 battles
Just now, woppy101 said:

all of a sudden my Yamato’s shells seem to be all over the place, I see, to be getting a huge spread even at 10-15km I even missed a broadside Yamato at 12km it looked like I had shot a shotgun, I take it it’s just RNG [edited]me over?

Yes. My Yamato is pretty accurate and I don't even use ASM1.

Players
301 posts
730 battles

It’s either rng is not with you or this:

TLDR it means that you need to de-lock the target, then relock the target.

• Cool 1

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,789 battles
29 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

It’s either rng is not with you or this:

TLDR it means that you need to de-lock the target, then relock the target.

That’s what’s happening to me, once again WG [edited]up the game 

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,789 battles
46 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Manual lock your targets.

Yeah trying that but it doesn’t always work, some shots are still like a shotgun 

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

Tbh can  you turn off auto lock? Its rather annoying since lots of cruiser take prio target, also if this bug is causing random shells is the skill getting bugged to? Like not showing locked on guns? I think its worth looking into.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles

Also it seems that the closer you get to a target the more likely it is that shells will go to the maximum allowed dispersion its a complete cr**shoot when in a yamato and your shooting at a BB at 9-ish km that is bow tanking you.

@MrConway @Crysantos

Am i going bonkers or is the lock on bug real ? and the terrible dispersion when close to an enemy ?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, piet11111 said:

Also it seems that the closer you get to a target the more likely it is that shells will go to the maximum allowed dispersion its a complete cr**shoot when in a yamato and your shooting at a BB at 9-ish km that is bow tanking you.

@MrConway @Crysantos

Am i going bonkers or is the lock on bug real ? and the terrible dispersion when close to an enemy ?

We're not aware of a bug like this at the moment, it might just be some bad RNG :(

Players
25 posts
19,335 battles

well i noticed that this weekend on consecutive salvos while grinding unique mod on moskva. some dispersion was exactly like as if no target was selected. de-select and re-select target fixs the issue.  so there is smtg which needs to be fixed. on bbs with larger dispersion and low rof you might not notice but on ship like moskva it's like wtf???. and it's not just a bad dispersion either it's exactly as no target selected so yes there is definitely a bug  @MrConway

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles
8 minutes ago, Saltwater_Navigator said:

well i noticed that this weekend on consecutive salvos while grinding unique mod on moskva. some dispersion was exactly like as if no target was selected. de-select and re-select target fixs the issue.  so there is smtg which needs to be fixed. on bbs with larger dispersion and low rof you might not notice but on ship like moskva it's like wtf???. and it's not just a bad dispersion either it's exactly as no target selected so yes there is definitely a bug  @MrConway

That is my experience as well.

Its a separate issue to the terrible dispersion when in close range i mentioned earlier that one i think has to do with some built in dispersion modifier meant to protect DD's when they do a torpedo run on a BB so they do not eat a full salvo.

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,009 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, ironhammer500 said:

Tbh can  you turn off auto lock? Its rather annoying since lots of cruiser take prio target, also if this bug is causing random shells is the skill getting bugged to? Like not showing locked on guns? I think its worth looking into.

You can unlock a target by pressing X. Basically, the game automatically locks onto a target when you look into the direction of a target. If there are multiple, it locks onto one. If you want to change it, try to look at the one you want lock on (so your aiming circle is on them) and X allows to manually lock on or off.

Priority target to me is the go to 1 pt on any ship I play (except CV, but RIP CV). Because it tells me when someone is looking at me. It just is insanely useful, even if some people say you will just get shot at anyway and Preventive Maintainance is better. Anyway, as a battleship, I often find myself randomly locking on and off potential targets, just to test reaction. I do that also as a DD (switching from guns to torps or back). Do they turn or not after receiving a false positive. If they do, then I know, they pay attention and I'll see if I find a better target, if not, time to delete. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
150 posts
6,142 battles

i find it strange enough that ones spread is only given with a lock, wonders sometimes why dispersion is not just one set value and not a totally diferent thing with or without lock.

i know, mechanics and stuff but im asking why its not one and the same with and without locked target.

Beta Tester
204 posts
4,742 battles

Played mine plenty of late, though I do have the legendary upgrade, aside from the occasional instance of that stupid lock-on bug I've been having regular dispersion, sometimes you do just get those terrible salvoes though.

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,009 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtTincan said:

i find it strange enough that ones spread is only given with a lock, wonders sometimes why dispersion is not just one set value and not a totally diferent thing with or without lock.

i know, mechanics and stuff but im asking why its not one and the same with and without locked target.

Built-in aiming assistence. Without lock, game doesn't register exactly where exactly you are aiming and lock is also a way to shoot over, not into islands. The minimap circle helps now to gauge the correct place, but try to aim without lock and look at where the circle goes. 

Sign in to follow this