Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nishi_Kinuyo

Ise the BBV in Blitz

20 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
156 posts
1,016 battles

So it turns out that the team working on World of Warships Blitz has managed to find a way to make the hybrid BB/CV (BBV) Ise work.

Which makes me wonder why the team working on the regular version of WoWS never tried this.

Additionally, given the upcoming CV rework, I wonder if the chance of seeing Ise (and other BBVs) is completely off the board or not.

Or if it is still on the board, I wonder how they'd go about implementing it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,354 posts
3,583 battles

Y'know, I've known for a long time that Ise existed but I never bothered looking her up.

That frankenstinian abomination is Ise!?:cap_wander:

Well, I find it amusing that she most definitely cannot fire backwards.:Smile_veryhappy:

[POI--]
Players
3,916 posts
5,024 battles

Blitz has different aircraft mechanics to what we had up to now. Might be they recreate it with the new ones, in which case, I do hope we won't end up with a CVs that cannot switch between ship and planes and a BBV that can.

Players
310 posts
760 battles

ise before BBV config:

1056cc17.jpg

Ise after 1944 conversion

Battleship-carrier_Ise.jpg

Well The main reason for them is midway happened. And they are aready starting to run dry of resources, and even when Ise and Hyūga was rebuilt there was not enough planes or pilots to run the planes.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,430 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Blitz has different aircraft mechanics to what we had up to now. Might be they recreate it with the new ones, in which case, I do hope we won't end up with a CVs that cannot switch between ship and planes and a BBV that can.

You worry too much. Have some fun sometimes:Smile_glasses:

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles

Considering the fact that already two of the ships (Other than the Ise class) who had the remodel to turn into Aircraft carrying ships are already in the game, it would be easier to just add it as a hull upgrade for Fusou (Not sure about her actually) and Mogami, limiting their guns (For Mogami, to 203mm only) but giving the player control over a small squadron of Catapult bombers. Although, it would require quite a bit of multi tasking as you arent particularly a CV whose main play in the battle are the aircraft, so balancing the control of planes, gunnery and dodging torpedoes will be hard, but definately rewarding, so kinda a "high risk, high reward" gameplay.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,809 posts
6,230 battles
2 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Still hoping for Tone, Agano and Ooyodo.

Oyodo was my favorite ship beside the japanese submarines in Steel Ocean. Wish they would implement a light cruiser line or at least Oyodo as prem

[FDUSH]
Players
1,123 posts
6,610 battles

The funny thing it's that Blitz versions are made for cellphones and tablets. Which means implementing these ideas there should be MUCH harder than doing it on the main game.

[IRON7]
Players
156 posts
1,016 battles
1 hour ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

Considering the fact that already two of the ships (Other than the Ise class) who had the remodel to turn into Aircraft carrying ships are already in the game, it would be easier to just add it as a hull upgrade for Fusou (Not sure about her actually) and Mogami, limiting their guns (For Mogami, to 203mm only) but giving the player control over a small squadron of Catapult bombers. Although, it would require quite a bit of multi tasking as you arent particularly a CV whose main play in the battle are the aircraft, so balancing the control of planes, gunnery and dodging torpedoes will be hard, but definately rewarding, so kinda a "high risk, high reward" gameplay.

Afaik, neither Fusou nor Yamashiro were converted into BBVs, only Ise and Hyuuga.

You do make a point for Mogami though, although I feel it might be better as an alternate line instead to keep the gameplay "pure" for a given branch.

Which would cause an issue, since what I gather from a quick search, of the four Mogami-class ships, only Mogami herself was converted into an CAV; which would mandate renaming her to avoid duplicate names in the techtree.

Although that is probably only a very minor issue.

Players
889 posts
7,325 battles

The devs have long said they might reconsider stuff like Ise and Tone when the CV rework is here. Now that we know what the rework entails, I'm not sure how it helps implementing these ships.

I don't think they'd go for the ability to switch between a dive bomber squadron and the normal BB playstyle ... right?

As a half-*ssed solution you could give them access to both the CV style fighter consumable and the regular spotting plane consumable, at the same time. So you could hit some keys to launch lots of planes, but without direct control over them.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles

Honestly I see no way for a true hybrid ship to be viable without retaining RTS mechanics.

From what I've seen WoWs Blitz has RTS CVs + manual control of their secondary armament, thus introducing a hybrid like Ise is hardly the most challenging task.

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles

They could make BBV's and CAV's be BB/CA's in one mode as they are now and give the old CV RTS gameplay to them that would be theyr "gimmick" so to speak, controlling whatever squads you have like CV's now, CV's meanwhile go to the new version, so you still have a ship with though limited RTS gameplay still ingame, i dont know how feasable that would be from a programming/balancing point of view though :cap_yes:

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles
15 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Afaik, neither Fusou nor Yamashiro were converted into BBVs, only Ise and Hyuuga.

You do make a point for Mogami though, although I feel it might be better as an alternate line instead to keep the gameplay "pure" for a given branch.

Which would cause an issue, since what I gather from a quick search, of the four Mogami-class ships, only Mogami herself was converted into an CAV; which would mandate renaming her to avoid duplicate names in the techtree.

Although that is probably only a very minor issue.

But if they were to make a new branch just for....Ise and Mogami, wont it just be a waste? Unless ofcourse theyre willing to make a NEW class, then I dont see it as a bad thing, but it should branch out from either the CA or CV line....maybe from like tier 8 as the general concept of a "BBV" or "CAV" wasnt ideally popular during the war if I recall, then again, they could just add Seaplane Tenders or something and fix the problem but oh well. (Still a better idea than SUBMARINES imo :Smile_hiding:)

Though I wouldnt mind if they just add it as a Hull upgrade, so its not compulsory for the player to choose to play with them. As many others have stated, it would mean giving them some sort of RTS and with the fact that theyre completely ditching it with the CV rework, I doubt if theyre willing to throw in RTS (although here you have to multi-task quite a bit. Actively controlling a normal ship while also doing so with the planes is tough, so they would probably be nerfed immediately to fix the "Skill ceilings" :cap_book:)

[RBMF]
Players
266 posts
6,405 battles

It was answered in a recent QnA for the CV rework that if the CV changes prove successful then Ise and Tone will have a higher chance of being introduced into the game. However this is not a priority so no promises. But I certainly hope that they can be put into the game, and as soon as they do I'm buying them.

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles
15 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

+ manual control of their secondary armament

I also noticed that. 

If common sense would be applied, on simplified phone/tablet version secondary should be automated. 

In standard PC version secondary armament should be manually controled meaning player has to switch, aim and fire while main guns reaload. 

[SINT]
Players
293 posts
13,502 battles

Just give the Ise as a normal JPN premium BB as an alternative for the Fuso.  Worse turret setup, but slightly better in other stats.

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles
Just now, Jvd2000 said:

Just give the Ise as a normal JPN premium BB as an alternative for the Fuso.  Worse turret setup, but slightly better in other stats.

Well, as far as I know, the entire existance of the Ise class was to eliminate the "worse" turret setup of Fusou by placing Two turrets together in the middle. Atleast, thats what I think the Japanese had in mind rather than converting her to a BBV as that happened only around the time they realised the American air supremacy.

Sign in to follow this