Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
buccaneer_invader

Buccaneer-Invader

22 comments in this topic

Players
34 posts
9,229 battles

Am looking for a game of WARSHIPS where they do not disappear up their skirts. Have 360 so far from 1992. This is getting to BORING waiting for the cheats to appear.

Any one with any ideas.

Would prefer the concealment was used by those who use it to fight each other. And we who do not to fight each other.

Those who use it should not be able to fire weapons or take bases until they appear.

May be I f they who use it got less points and we got more would possibly change the game altogether.

Nice enough game but getting very BORING. Need to see more action.

If you guys reading this do not like what I have wrote. sorry but am  getting BORRED

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,147 battles
2 minutes ago, buccaneer_invader said:

If you guys reading this do not like what I have wrote. sorry but am  getting BORRED

We all need to take the occasional break from the game, just to keep it fresh if nothing else. So, take a break.

I hesitate to say this, in case it gets taken the wrong way, but please do not - for you in particular, you ,may find that the game gets less boring if you take the time and make the effort to improve your understanding of the game and how to make it more satisfying/enjoyable - on the basis that we all enjoy winning more than losing, and actually coming away from a battle thinking "I did my bit well" is what I, for one, look for in a game.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles

On the 28th July 1572 Sir Francis Drake ordered an attack on Nombre de Dios. He was shot in the leg during that attack. There was also 1577 when his voyage around the world started. We have 1580, when he finished it.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,151 battles

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, Buccaneer-Invader. But if what you are saying is that you would prefer a game where players do not make use of stealth mechanics - that is, that you want everyone to be visible to everyone else at all times - then I would recommend you to seek out some other game. In fact, that would be my general recommendation to anyone who said that he or she, for whatever reason, found a given game boring.

Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm not saying I want you to leave the game. But "disappearing up one's skirts", as you so colourfully put it, is a very large part of this game. I don't think you can expect it to just go away anytime soon.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,542 battles
26 minutes ago, buccaneer_invader said:

Am looking for a game of WARSHIPS where they do not disappear up their skirts. Have 360 so far from 1992. This is getting to BORING waiting for the cheats to appear.

Any one with any ideas.

Would prefer the concealment was used by those who use it to fight each other. And we who do not to fight each other.

Those who use it should not be able to fire weapons or take bases until they appear.

May be I f they who use it got less points and we got more would possibly change the game altogether.

How someone living in england has such little grasp of the english language is, actually, not shocking at all...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,147 battles
2 minutes ago, Juanx said:

How someone living in england has such little grasp of the english language is, actually, not shocking at all...

There is no skill that a beer or several cannot sort out :)

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,928 battles
30 minutes ago, buccaneer_invader said:

This is getting to BORING waiting for the cheats to appear.

Sooo... you are getting bored while waiting for cheats?

:Smile_trollface:

I could not understand the rest so I clearly need to reeducate myself.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,319 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Am often amazed how "we" non-english speakers seem to have a much better grasp at english grammar and spelling than most english do... (And don't get me started on 'Murricans, I am convinced they don't ever learn even the basics of the english language). It does baffle me to no end.

On topic. Either learn the game or just go play something else. Seriously, I often see the "but I don't have the time to learn mechanics, I just want to go boom boom", yet the account has over 5k battles. So that is utter BS.

So again: L2P or leave. Or just stop whining about something you clearly have no clue about.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
863 posts
5,115 battles
4 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Am often amazed how "we" non-english speakers seem to have a much better grasp at english grammar and spelling than most english do... (And don't get me started on 'Murricans, I am convinced they don't ever learn even the basics of the english language). It does baffle me to no end.

I can assure you that this is to do with the Education System in the UK and also many people just ''texting' each other as their main means of communication.

I finished high school in Australia in 1976 so I presume the change to the system happened after that - but then I don't 'text'.

P.S. English starts with a capital 'E'.

Players
897 posts
4,141 battles
2 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Just because his location is in England it doesn't automatically follow that he has to be English, Brexit hasn't happened yet. Although if he's a native Yorkshireman that would also explain a lot. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,319 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

P.S. English starts with a capital 'E'.

Well crap. Guess I am too lazy to type countries and such with capitals (even though I don't know any language that doesn't... EDIT: Japanese/Chinese I guess? And simliar eastern languages). Actually, that is a far more interesting thread to read about than this one is :Smile_hiding:

6 minutes ago, Strappster said:
11 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Although if he's a native Yorkshireman that would also explain a lot. :Smile_hiding:

Maybe we found the problem then :Smile_trollface:

Meh, It's just something I've started to notice lately and it became a "cannot unsee" thing for me.

BTW, now I'm offcourse hyperanxious about my own English (Yey, capital E).

Players
59 posts
2,334 battles
1 hour ago, Strappster said:

Just because his location is in England it doesn't automatically follow that he has to be English, Brexit hasn't happened yet. Although if he's a native Yorkshireman that would also explain a lot. :Smile_hiding:

Well played my good sir, well played. :cap_like:

And considering Yorkshiremen we all know how they are, don't we? Smile_trollface.gif

• Funny 2

Players
1,329 posts
3,583 battles
3 hours ago, buccaneer_invader said:

Any one with any ideas.

So, if I understood you correctly, you want a game where you can see your opponents at all times and your opponent can see you at all times?

Maybe try chess?

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts

@Loran_Battle as a native English speaker and even someone who calls Yorkshire home, I recommend you treat that OP as what he is, an illiterate moron who apparently doesn't have the ability to play the game any better than he's able to use his native language.

I've spent a lot of my life with non native English speakers and it's noticeable that they don't make so many errors, those errors from native speakers are simply down to people being too damn lazy to bother using the right homonym most of the time even if they do know it. 

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

Come on people. Enough bullying. Have some respect for the elderly. OP is 72 years old. I find it amazing he's a fellow gamer. And in a way he's asking advice.

@buccaneer_invaderThis game doesn't have too much realism in it. Realism is very thoroughly debated so I won't go through that here completely. Enough to say this game has some simulation aspects in it. But also plain point and shoot ones (like you probably see your grandchildren play when they run with soldiers in retina detaching speeds which I'm too old to follow as well). What you are referring too is the spotting mechanism. Simply put: you have a circle around your ship. Each one has a different value. Every enemy who gets in that circle will see you. If that enemy has a smaller circle than you have he can see you but you can't see him. Whenever you fire that circle immediately increases. To the size of your maximum shooting range. After 20 seconds of not shooting, the circle returns to normal.

In your case: the instant vanishing ships mean 3 things: 1 you or he ran out of his circle. 2 his bigger firing circle "wore off" and got back to normal or 3: he got into cover. A rock or a smoke cloud blocks your view.

You must also know that whatever you see, all your team will see. And that goes both ways. So if 1 enemy sees you, their entire team does.

Now I know there are still a lot of "buts" and "ifs" with what I said but this is roughly how it works. Understanding that makes it a lot less frustrating I hope.

Players
188 posts
5,434 battles

Not entirely sure what the issue is here. Obviously there is going to be a difference in spotting range between a small Destroyer and a very large Battleship.

In your fleet your friendly 'scouts' will look for the enemy, 'spot' a ship for you while you remain undetected, so that you can destroy that ship quickly before he knows that you're there.

If you're looking for a fair fight, or a chivalrous one, then how realistic is that? War is about murdering the other poor bastard first and surviving uninjured to do it again later. 

Anything else is begging to get yourself and your mates killed for nothing.

OTOH if you're looking for quick pew-pew action with these mighty ships of steel then just do a few co-ops at lower tiers until you feel better.

Players
34 posts
9,229 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, ColonelPete said:

On the 28th July 1572 Sir Francis Drake ordered an attack on Nombre de Dios. He was shot in the leg during that attack. There was also 1577 when his voyage around the world started. We have 1580, when he finished it.

In 1965 .While ona MINESWEEPER. We followed a RUSSIAN CRUISER out of NORTH SEA into NORTH ATLANTIC. Not once did they respond to our call. But their rear GUNS never left our bearing. Our forward 40/60 was never uncovered.

Sign in to follow this