Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptBerry

Leaked CV Rework CO-OP Game Video

116 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,176 battles

thx 4 posting!...... just how BOOOOOORING it can get from what we have now *sniff* :Smile_sad:

#norework

• Cool 7

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,876 battles
3 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

Was that a speed booster in the beginning

Yes i think it was some kind of speed boost, I think its more likely to be used for getting away from high AA ships

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,761 posts
6,230 battles

Wait, do you see that, the torpedo spread is spreading more, when you turn left or right!! That's nice!

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,876 battles
6 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Looks like an older version than the reveal video?

It was posted yesterday so I'm just assuming it was a supertester posting it but it could just also be old footage.

Players
289 posts
977 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

Yes i think it was some kind of speed boost, I think its more likely to be used for getting away from high AA ships

ahh ok, im not sure what too think of it atm though. I liked the RTS function since i actually need to be far more tactical and strategic with what i was doing especially with limited planes and where i should be at the time during the match.

yeah it was hard at times but felt pretty rewarding when you did well.

the new version looks ok i feel sorry for those with terrible AA as they will most likely get farmed to death unless that changes completely.

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,876 battles

Well it seems to be coming out 2019 some time.  So we should be able to grind our t10s before it get here.

Players
289 posts
977 battles
4 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

Well it seems to be coming out 2019 some time.  So we should be able to grind our t10s before it get here.

should i continue up the usa line or go for the japanese line? not sure which one will be stronger when they gets implemented.

that and the royal navy cv line.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,761 posts
6,230 battles
Just now, BrigadierRosen said:

should i continue up the usa line or go for the japanese line? not sure which one will be stronger when they gets implemented.

that and the royal anvy cv line.

Nobody knows, also they will implement someday a new carrier line.

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,876 battles
Just now, BrigadierRosen said:

They've only shown us what the US Cv looks like in the rework, we haven't seen anything from the Japanese or the graf zeppelin yet.

The RN Cv wont be out till the rework is out anyway.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,761 posts
6,230 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

I wish WG wasn't so Hush Hush on this rework.

Hush hush? They're working on it for long time and it still will take some time? :D

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,176 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

i already did as a hooby when having spare free xp so to say. i'm far from being a cv main lol (like around 650 cv matches), it's my least played class. i always took em out when getting bored by the other classes for some refreshment. gladly i'm not too potatoe either (not too good as well anyway lol), but that's been exactly how i wanted to see represented cv ingame.

rare. powerful..... and rebalanced within rts system :Smile_sad:...

cv play atm really is not too hard, just not too balanced in terms of values (planes, AA, dmg output, etc.), but perfectly reflects the role it had imo (spotting, attacking, guarding... and all at the same time in several places).

this new gameplay is nothing but boring in comparison to me and may fits the role of a planes squadleader, not of the leading head of an aircraft carrier.

so now, i have ijn cv's from i think t5 on up to t10, midway, saipan and big-E and at least the permacamos for t10's. i dropped a lot of ressources into this ingame niche hobby and now will get this primary school gameplay. sad wastee is sad :Smile_sad:!

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,876 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Hush hush? They're working on it for long time and it still will take some time? :D

I know :D

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,947 battles
27 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

Every squad has a "speed boost meter" on the left side of the aiming reticule. The consumable replenishes the speed boost. It's quite noticeable at 2:25 in the video.

I've only seen some of the footage but it does seem like the new version will be even more annoying for destroyers if they don't/cannot hide in smoke.

• Cool 1

Players
1,542 posts
6,477 battles

The vast majority of Non CV players wanted this re-work and have hounded CV's from day one. 

So no complaining when this baby finally comes out in all it's glory.  :cap_tea:

Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,761 posts
6,230 battles
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

The vast majority of Non CV players wanted this re-work and have hounded CV's from day one. 

So no complaining when this baby finally comes out in all it's glory.  :cap_tea:

Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

The question is, who counts as "CV player"? The low number of hardcore cv-players, or also players, who play from time to time CV. Makes a huge difference.

When there will be tons of CVs in a game, I don't mind it, my Kii will get finally more value

Weekend Tester
665 posts

Looks good, what everybody has to mind is the cv's should be no where near the battle, their role was defend, hunt and destroy wi their planes, I think it looks good.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,176 battles

:Smile_facepalm::etc_swear: yeah, i'm out and leave it to people who know everything about balancing a class, that the most even don't play :Smile_facepalm::Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
34 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

(...)

I've only seen some of the footage but it does seem like the new version will be even more annoying for destroyers if they don't/cannot hide in smoke.

I wouldn't be so sure. The worst part of facing a CV in a DD isn't that they strike you down - a good CV will kill you, yes, but the more commonly seen problem is that it takes one bomber squadron with no bombs to completely shut you down by simply hovering in general vicinity - you're rendered a moving target on a shooting range and all your torps are spotted as soon as they hit the water. You are still alive but your day is ruined unless you hug some ship with better AA (not an ideal thing for a DD to do) or receive support from your friendly CV (and your friendly CV might be at air superiority disadvantage or be a noob, or have some more pressing matters to attend to elsewhere).

With reworked CVs there will be no "empty squadrons hovering over a DD to spot" anymore.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this