MrConway

Update 0.7.9 - General Feedback

101 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,151 posts
2,248 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any general feedback on the public test of 0.7.9 here.

Should it concern one of the topics mentioned below, please head to the dedicated thread.

Feedback threads:

Bug Reports

Royal Navy (Event & Arsenal)

Map Updates (North, Islands of Ice)

Update Operation Dynamo

New Arms Race Mode

Clan Base 2.0

Flooding effects & ship spotting technology

Patch notes:

https://worldofwarships.eu/de/news/game-updates/update-079-royal-navy/

Update video:

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

I had hope that this time there would be no forced port switch, as it already didn't happen in the last patch despite being announced.

This time you announced it as "check it out" but forced the switch again instead. This is confusing.

For the nth time: Don't mess with my settings if there is no pressing need. I like my settings. I like the port I selected. The port is part of my settings. It doesn't matter how easy it is to reverse the change.

• Cool 9

Players
243 posts
4,693 battles

I have a GREAT suggestion for you:

How about you don't remove the event tokens (shark/eagle, anniversary) when patch hits, leave it a few days after event ends so people could [edited]buy what they want.

This is the second time you removed my tokens without me buying anything.

• Cool 2

[HF_30]
[HF_30]
Beta Tester
38 posts
13,736 battles

My  client  will not  up date , keeps  throwing up a  error??

Players
14 posts

OT  (?)

sorry if it is a banal question:

for the first time since I play WoW … this (!) morning I was trying setting my fps in engine_config to 120 (my monitor has g-sync up to 144hz max, asus rog 2k, gtx 1070, i7 7700, 16GB ram) with clean and successfully result (getting 120fps very fluid in my display)… was it my bad move?

is it because of the current update normal issues of the game server I was getting disconnected after some minutes playing (and getting penalty as result) or because of my mistake in changing that option in the program .xml file?

I did a full check of the game program and this was giving no bad feedback.

ps: with other games i use g-sync with 144hz without issues

Edited by raggingkey

Players
14 posts
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

I had hope that this time there would be no forced port switch, as it already didn't happen in the last patch despite being announced.

This time you announced it as "check it out" but forced the switch again instead. This is confusing.

For the nth time: Don't mess with my settings if there is no pressing need. I like my settings. I like the port I selected. The port is part of my settings. It doesn't matter how easy it is to reverse the change.

1 hour ago, CruleD said:

I have a GREAT suggestion for you:

How about you don't remove the event tokens (shark/eagle, anniversary) when patch hits, leave it a few days after event ends so people could [edited]buy what they want.

the same disappointed about loosing tokens

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,245 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, CruleD sagte:

and why didn't you buy anything? It was announced already in the patch notes of 0.7.8. that unspent tokens will be exchanged with credits with the next update. And there are also several threads about this, for example

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/106183-dont-forget-that-todaytonight-is-the-last-chance-to-spend-anniversary-tokens/

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3 posts
76 battles

GIVE ME BACK THE EDIT Anniversary TOKENS, i paid money for them and wanted to use them for the 10point captains.

NOWHERE was stated that they will be removed with the new patch.

And for 15k silver each? , are you serious ... who in his right mind wants credits for his hard earned money ...

Thanks for screwing me over again Wargaming ... first the Supercontainer Switch and now this EDIT ... never again will i pay a cent again for this game ... EDIT 

/edit: at the poster above ... who reads the forum daily ... a serious company  announces this on the eventpage

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism
  • Cool 1

Players
243 posts
4,693 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 12:25 PM, Klopirat said:

and why didn't you buy anything? It was announced already in the patch notes of 0.7.8. that unspent tokens will be exchanged with credits with the next update. And there are also several threads about this, for example

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/106183-dont-forget-that-todaytonight-is-the-last-chance-to-spend-anniversary-tokens/

Becase I don't have time to play 26 hours a day, and I usually get the required tokens for pema camo on the /last/ day.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Airhead said:

a serious company  announces this on the eventpage

No, they display it in the game, right where it should be. Alongside event, token and all other relevant information.

Here, it took 1 minute.

ko1mkH8.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3 posts
76 battles
13 minutes ago, CruleD said:

No, they display it in the game, right where it should be. Alongside event, token and all other relevant information.

Here, it took 1 minute.

ko1mkH8.png

this is the time of the event, where does it say that the tokens get removed after the event?

Players
243 posts
4,693 battles
1 minute ago, Airhead said:

this is the time of the event, where does it say that the tokens get removed after the event?

It could say that when you click on it and enter event screen, but it doesn't say!

Beta Tester
3 posts
76 battles
4 minutes ago, CruleD said:

It could say that when you click on it and enter event screen, but it doesn't say!

well, that's what i meant ... sorry, it seems that i caused a misunderstanding :)

i'm off, it's useless to complain anyway ...

[-TWA-]
Players
45 posts
13,209 battles

I am able to log in the game, but the moment i get into the match, game freezes and nothing helpes, Alt F4 does not do anything
ctrl alt del works normaly but when i try to open task manager, nothing happens. when trying to lock the user and relogin nothing happens. (this used to give me control, now it no longer does)

cannot see the error message, because the screen is frozen.
after 3. reboot, game isntantly crashed after getting into a match

Edit:
trying coop, connected, but didnt load the game
and after the crash, network became unresponsive.

Edited by Nagahide
Edit: trying coop, connected, but didnt load the game and after the crash, network became unresponsive.

[-TWA-]
Players
45 posts
13,209 battles

Just now, Jessa_Doom said:

Well done WG.

GAME NOT WORKING KEEP CRASHING WHEN LOADING PORT SCREEN.

well at least you didnt get penaltised and lost 1 of each duper flag because you couldnt get into the match you started

• Cool 1

Players
328 posts
4 minutes ago, Nagahide said:

well at least you didnt get penaltised and lost 1 of each duper flag because you couldnt get into the match you started

WHAT the hell are you on about i haven't got to a match yet.

[-TWA-]
Players
45 posts
13,209 battles
Just now, Jessa_Doom said:

WHAT the hell are you on about i haven't got to a match yet.

neither did i. but the game did.

• Cool 1

[8BIT]
Players
100 posts

London Port,

London is a Merchant Port not a Military port.

Why not the Gossport (Portsmouth) The Royal Navy's home since 1192AD? Then there is the Clyde and Devonport surely one of these would be more suited and more inkeeping with the Hisotical Naval Theme.

Players
6 posts
2,024 battles

I find it extremely frustrating that you removed my Anniversary Tokens before I could spend them all.

I know that it was stated in the patch-notes when you introduced them but how should I know when the next patch hits? Do I have to check the forum every day so that i avoid loosing stuff?

It is not hard to leave the tokens and just remove them with the next patch ... this way people can assess how much they have in total (just possible if no more are coming), think about what to buy and maybe even buy some more from the premium-shop.

No sensible person would do that in the middle of the event ... except if you don't care about spending money.

At least you could add an end-date to the arsenal-tap like a week before so that people have time to spend the tokens ... not everyone logs in every day!

This behavior (removing the tokens on patch-day) adds nothing to the game ... it just punishes a part of you playerbase for no reason.

[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
8,872 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Xatian sagte:

I know that it was stated in the patch-notes when you introduced them but how should I know when the next patch hits? Do I have to check the forum every day so that i avoid loosing stuff?

You do not have to check the forum every day for that since the events and updates (including their duration and/or date) are announced in the launcher / WGC and even in the News section ingame.

• Cool 2

[R-U]
Players
108 posts
3,161 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Airhead said:

GIVE ME BACK THE EDIT Anniversary TOKENS, i paid money for them and wanted to use them for the 10point captains.

NOWHERE was stated that they will be removed with the new patch.

And for 15k silver each? , are you serious ... who in his right mind wants credits for his hard earned money ...

Thanks for screwing me over again Wargaming ... first the Supercontainer Switch and now this EDIT ... never again will i pay a cent again for this game ... EDIT 

/edit: at the poster above ... who reads the forum daily ... a serious company  announces this on the eventpage

I seriously don't get it how you can state "NOWHERE"?
It was alover the place, in the youtube video, at the article in WG home page where they announced the event, etc etc. It has been announced several times and also if it wouldn't have been...then the previous event they had same system. How can you even be surprised.

How ever it would make sense from WG to establish an ingame Notice at the end of event what warns you straight away that event is over, you cant collect any new tokens. And also then there should be a week long freeze period after that when people can still spend tokens on stuff after event is over. Would be much more user friendlier.

• Cool 2

Players
6 posts
2,024 battles
Just now, togMOR said:

You do not have to check the forum every day for that since the events and updates (including their duration and/or date) are announced in the launcher / WGC and even in the News section ingame.

It does not matter how easy it is to get to the information ... my point is that removing the tokens on day 1 is unnecessary and just frustrates people.