Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Flooding effects & ship spotting technology

11 comments in this topic

Players
62 posts
12,119 battles

still cant detect a Worcester before its radarring or burning the crap out of everybody.

oh, this "fix" wasnt for that?

ok, you "fixed" the wrong thing. again.

Hopeless and useless.

Thankfully NOTHING is done with whoever types whatever in these threads.

[POP]
Players
313 posts
7,669 battles

Significant improvement for me. Ships appear almost as soon as their concealment range would suggest they would. The rendering delay compared to minimap is minimal. Good work.

This observation is based on using mostly DDs.

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Players
6 posts
3,896 battles

Improvement: Yes.
Fixed: Nope.

As others pointed out, the delay is still significant and apparently varies from player to player? If this is a players hardware related issue (beefier PC = quicker rendering) we have a real problem here. For me, personally the patch reduced the delay immensly and I think we are on the right path...but I think my PC is on the top end of the line currently. 
You can still see the shells launching from the clear ocean, count "twenty one, twenty two" before the ship pops into existance...which is atleast half a second better than before but still....

Regarding the flooding effects: Was long overdue, well executed, good job.

Edited by milzmilz
forgot to comment flooding effects
  • Cool 1

Players
18 posts
4,310 battles

The flooding effects are a good improvements and a good addition to the game.

Regarding, the spotting mechanics is now much better need still a little improvement here and there. But a great step in the right direction.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
5,461 battles

I've had a couple of games where division mates (who don't have a habit of complaining) have been really annoyed that a ship was managing to shoot at them, unspotted, not behind cover.

It's not happened to me, so can't comment- but has anyone else noticed anything like this since the last patch?

Edit: Nice job with the flooding effects!

[VIPER]
[VIPER]
Players
13 posts
12,403 battles

Flood effect is really nice! But flood is much fast now....so, good job? Nope!

[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

I really like the optical effects of flooding. Allows the players to see whether the target is flooding even at a distance.

[ZEN]
[ZEN]
Players
109 posts
17,236 battles
On 1-10-2018 at 12:42 PM, Aragathor said:

I really like the optical effects of flooding. Allows the players to see whether the target is flooding even at a distance.

Same here. Those flashing lights on the ship make it a real alarming "red alert" setting! 

Yet somehow it does feel as if the flooding itself is going faster now though... 

[DAVY]
Players
303 posts
8,198 battles
On 29.9.2018 at 11:43 AM, damp_squid said:

I've had a couple of games where division mates (who don't have a habit of complaining) have been really annoyed that a ship was managing to shoot at them, unspotted, not behind cover.

It's not happened to me, so can't comment- but has anyone else noticed anything like this since the last patch?

First of all, it was not me that damp_squid is talking about. We had a little chat in clan, though, cause I experienced several incidents the last few days.

I was one-shot by an Atago from 10 km away behind smoke on B cap of North map. I was neither detected nor was there radar. The player who hit me said he predicted my movement from me firing but I don't remember shooting and I was full speed in a hard turn. If it was as he said, that was a one-in-a-million shot by a not-one-in-a-million player. But it is also possible he confused me with another hit he got on another teammate and his explanation was not related to his hit on me.

I was alerted by the strange circumstances due to an earlier incident.

A few days earlier a Yamato hit me on the Atlantic map while concealed for at least half a minute. I was stealth torping it in an Ibuki from around 10.5 km - well outside detection range - and just turning away to bring my other launchers to bear. I was irritated cause there was no sign of me being detected or exposed by radar, hydro or even RPF. I thought he was aiming for another ship so I took a look around and the next ship was 2-3 km away.

I think there might even have been a third strange blind-fire but I don't remember the details. I currently don't have replays activated, so this is all drawn from memory.

It may be that i just witnessed a succession of weird coincidences and there is a perfectly reasonable and simple explanation. Could also be a bug with spotting.

Anyway if you experience similar blind-fire hits, please post them here.

Sign in to follow this