MrConway

Clan Base 2.0

15 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,150 posts
2,240 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-baseThe clan base not only got a visual overhaul! Check out the new version and rack up additional coal, steel, free XP and commanders XP!

Please leave your feedback in this thread.

Please note that all previous buildings need to be constructed again. The only exception to that are the headquarters.

All spent oil is back in your clan's oil reservoirs.

[R-U]
Players
108 posts
3,161 battles

Does the new coal mine building not influence the coal income from resource containers you get daily? At least for me it still showed the old values per bag in the container. And if that is intentional, then where does it influence? Only missions or...

Players
315 posts
4,830 battles
8 hours ago, Zenthilar said:

Does the new coal mine building not influence the coal income from resource containers you get daily? At least for me it still showed the old values per bag in the container. And if that is intentional, then where does it influence? Only missions or...

Its a known bug, along wit a few others in the new Clan Base.

Question. Will we be compensated for the coal we have lost as this is WG error.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles
12 hours ago, Zenthilar said:

You still get 400 bags in the container, but you will get a notification for any bonus coal added in the bottom left corner. The bug is the multiplier when spending in the arsenal I believe.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,150 posts
2,240 battles
15 hours ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

Its a known bug, along wit a few others in the new Clan Base.

Question. Will we be compensated for the coal we have lost as this is WG error.

We are aware of the bug and will of course be compensating any lost coal - this does however not affect the bonus to coal, as @Armorin mentioned, this is shown in the notifications.

[R-U]
Players
108 posts
3,161 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

We are aware of the bug and will of course be compensating any lost coal - this does however not affect the bonus to coal, as @Armorin mentioned, this is shown in the notifications.

I think the bottom corner message was delayed on first day just. Later in evening and today the additional coal messages pop up just fine. So no isse, all good here.

Players
277 posts
11,543 battles

I'm surprised by the way that the costs and the benefits of the buildings scale as you purchase the improved versions of the facilities. I would have expected that the more advanced versions would provide a greater benefit in exchange for being more expensive. The fact that they provide less benefit for a greater cost makes no sense to me. The prime example of this must be the Research Centre: the first 3 stages combined give +0.02 XP for all ships at a total cost of 3000 oil (15 koil/XP), where as the 6th and final stage gives +0.01 XP for 50 000 oil (5 Moil/XP). If I was designing the system I would have swapped the effectivenesses of the cheaper and more expensive stages so that there's some reason to save up and work towards the more expensive facilities. The way the clan base is currently implemented, it becomes very nearly fully effective (with the notable exceptions of steel and to a lesser extent, coal) with very little expense and the sense of achievement for obtaining fully upgraded facilities is limited due to their low effectiveness.

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Just a request: why, when sorting Clan members in any column, your name is not sorted with the others?

I'm sure somebody did already ask as it's not a new "bug"... Txs!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,064 battles

The new look of the base is great, however I have noticed that there are no roads leading out of the base. Quite an oversight...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
On 22/09/2018 at 5:12 AM, Aragathor said:

The new look of the base is great, however I have noticed that there are no roads leading out of the base. Quite an oversight...

It's not. You don't need civilians wondering around the base. :Smile_teethhappy:

Good job WG. Everything seems to work.

At least for me.

[ZEN]
[ZEN]
Players
109 posts
17,332 battles
6 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Good job WG. Everything seems to work.

At least for me.

Fully agree! Nice to now also be able to obtain a clan bonus on coal as well as steel!  

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts

It looks great, and eventhough it's a bit choppy on my potato-computer, it works as it should. The new bonuses, and the rework of the existing ones is also very well executed. I just miss a bit of "personalisation". Since it's a 2D image, it might be nice to add 2D ships moored/anchored, one for each clanmember, and each clanmember can choose the ship of his liking.

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
[ZEN]
Players
109 posts
17,332 battles
On 3-10-2018 at 2:35 PM, MrFingers said:

It looks great, and eventhough it's a bit choppy on my potato-computer, it works as it should. The new bonuses, and the rework of the existing ones is also very well executed. I just miss a bit of "personalisation". Since it's a 2D image, it might be nice to add 2D ships moored/anchored, one for each clanmember, and each clanmember can choose the ship of his liking.

Nice idea to allow for ships to be visible in the clan port! 

In our clan's case however, currently that would mean 48 ships in port, which would make it quite lively there :o) 

Indeed it would be good to be able to also customize the port in one way or another to make it not just a generic one, but really "Your own clan's" port. 

Display the clan logo there, make the clan name stand out more, and perhaps add an editable pop-up showing the clan's staff (Commander, Deputy's, Recruiter) and their in-game names (and optionally also real life first names), for quick reference. 

Such visual and/or textual content, which could be customized per clan (such as those two lines at the top of the clan chat window) would also be perfect to have and could add "experience value" IMHO. Now, we use this (small!) space to share our clan's Teamspeak address, the link to our clan battle availability calendar, and even our clan's social media account name there. And welcome messages highlighting new members and their gamernames to the rest of the clan. 

Ultimately, the addition of a clan-specific building (call it the "Clan Lounge" or "Harbor Inn") where you could see your clanmates, their names, their favourite ships together would be nice. 

The current lay-out already provides for a good basis for such possible future additions. 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,064 battles

Here's an idea, instead of making ships visible in port allow the clan commander to pick the overall appearance.

Just imagine having the choice of picking a port that looks like it belongs to one of the nations in the game. 

Also, would it be possible to implement a notice board into the clan interface? The clan chat description has a very limited size and it would be great to have the ability to write larger notes somewhere.

Having a TS address, a Discord address, and posting important news there is quite problematic right now. It would be nothing fancy, just a place where clan commanders could add several lines of text.

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
[ZEN]
Players
109 posts
17,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Here's an idea, instead of making ships visible in port allow the clan commander to pick the overall appearance.

Just imagine having the choice of picking a port that looks like it belongs to one of the nations in the game. 

Also, would it be possible to implement a notice board into the clan interface? The clan chat description has a very limited size and it would be great to have the ability to write larger notes somewhere.

Having a TS address, a Discord address, and posting important news there is quite problematic right now. It would be nothing fancy, just a place where clan commanders could add several lines of text.

I fully agree, thanks for taking the time to write this down so clearly, these are my thoughts exactly! 

• Cool 1