MrConway

Royal Navy (Event & Arsenal)

128 comments in this topic

Players
345 posts
1 hour ago, CruleD said:

Is doing something like this so [edited]hard?

ko1mkH8.png

When I chose the event mision panel I have NO DATE of accomplishment. Is this a bug? Why i have no date of event timeframe in my game?

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts

The fact that those are missions that you don't have to sign in for in advance, and that they don't take up spaces for campaign missions is a HUGE plus. Apart from that: enjoyable content!

• Cool 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
On 19.9.2018 at 11:53 AM, Sehales said:

WIth the release of the British destroyers we are also having an event called Royal Navy, as well as a related section in the Arsenal.

What is your feedback about it?

- Giving people an edge who own a certain (prmium) ship is...

578f1e150f25c970e4af1c1a21c1454f.gif

...and here I thought you learned from the 2017 X-Mas/New Year event. Guess I was wrong...

- The Hall of no Life...ehm Hall of Grind...damnit... Hall of "Fame" might look nice but rewarding antisocial behavior (See all that drama while "Go Navy" was running) is wrong in so many ways... But hey, I guess @Adam_1000 will be happy again...

- 48/50 Guinea pigs for HMS Cossak...

84hw.gif

...seems "nice" to grind all this otherwise useless currency. How much for the last 2 then? 20€ each? Well I guess "thank you" for the 720.000 Credits because making something else to buy with them is too much work. :cap_tea:

All in all:

Copy & Paste the worst things of past events and slap a new name on it = "Royal Navy Event"

181.gif

CheerfulShallowGaur-max-1mb.gif

• Bad 1

[HAERT]
1,994 posts
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Giving people an edge who own a certain (prmium) ship is...

IIRC, you can do it with every British T5+ DD. I happen to have the Gallant, but the mission for the Acasta already dropped, so not much an edge.

[8BIT]
Players
100 posts

In the Royal navy Event screen it states I have to complete 3 missions to unlock the Directives.

shot-18_09.20_15_15.55-0615.thumb.jpg.81d398591d8ee90c2549255fe0af067d.jpg

What 3 missions?

The instructions apear a "little" vague

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
10 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

IIRC, you can do it with every British T5+ DD. I happen to have the Gallant, but the mission for the Acasta already dropped, so not much an edge.

I don't have Gallant and knowing my luck I will get as many mission drops as back when the frog Battleships were released: 0

[HAERT]
1,994 posts
2 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

In the Royal navy Event screen it states I have to complete 3 missions to unlock the Directives.

What 3 missions?

The instructions apear a "little" vague

From the 5 you see (Target in sight, I see the enemy, Qualified Scout,...), you have to complete any 3, and then the shield with "II" unlocks.

Players
64 posts
12,133 battles

other "goodies", other "values", other "currency", other "metal".

very, very boring and annoying.

is your "productmanager" an internship?

would love to see you would hire some professionals instead of this highschool level.

so, overall, wat i think of this: boring

• Cool 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
46 minutes ago, AngryDragon70 said:

is your "productmanager" an internship?

Probably the same @Kampa1987 who back in Mists of Pandaria thought that daily missions are all the race "these days"

Weekend Tester
781 posts
5,233 battles
4 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

Borrow this picture:

I like this RN event outlook. Better than old event mission styles.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,136 posts
2,239 battles
22 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

- Giving people an edge who own a certain (prmium) ship is...

578f1e150f25c970e4af1c1a21c1454f.gif

...and here I thought you learned from the 2017 X-Mas/New Year event. Guess I was wrong...

- The Hall of no Life...ehm Hall of Grind...damnit... Hall of "Fame" might look nice but rewarding antisocial behavior (See all that drama while "Go Navy" was running) is wrong in so many ways... But hey, I guess @Adam_1000 will be happy again...

- 48/50 Guinea pigs for HMS Cossak...

84hw.gif

...seems "nice" to grind all this otherwise useless currency. How much for the last 2 then? 20€ each? Well I guess "thank you" for the 720.000 Credits because making something else to buy with them is too much work. :cap_tea:

All in all:

Copy & Paste the worst things of past events and slap a new name on it = "Royal Navy Event"

181.gif

CheerfulShallowGaur-max-1mb.gif

You can get a one time per account special of 10 Guineas for 0.89 €... https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/10481/

If you don't consider that a fair price for a tier 8 ship, then I cannot help you. This also of course means that you can get the ship for 0.89 €, if you only get 40 of the 48 Guineas.

1 hour ago, ScienceWizard said:

Is this intentional that you can't do the British DD Bonus Missions in Arms Race? Kinda dissapointing. @MrConway

Since Arms Race is limited to tier IX and X ships and those destroyers are not yet released - this would be tough ;)

• Cool 4

[BAD-A]
Players
118 posts
16,365 battles

tnx for all RN dd misions :( oh whait i didn't get single 1 and I did get all RN containers that i can from the game by now

• Funny 1

Players
30 posts
4,601 battles
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Since Arms Race is limited to tier IX and X ships and those destroyers are not yet released - this would be tough ;)

Sorry, maybe I formulated my question wrong: I meant this Missions to get the ships (10k -16k base exp). Arms Race doesn't count towards that.

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

You can get a one time per account special of 10 Guineas for 0.89 €... https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/10481/

1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

How long does that offer last? Until 0.7.12?

Already gone, link is dead for me at least

[Edit] Okay, you have to be logged in... Duh!

• Cool 1

Players
1,157 posts
9,075 battles

In the requirements for the British-DD-only missions, it says they can be completed, among others, in the Arms Race battle type. This makes no sense since Arms Race is restricted to Tier IX and X while the highest currently available British DD is Tier VIII.

[GBONA]
[GBONA]
Players
8 posts
5,429 battles
9 hours ago, MrConway said:

If you don't consider that a fair price for a tier 8 ship, then I cannot help you. This also of course means that you can get the ship for 0.89 €, if you only get 40 of the 48 Guineas.

We cant take offer than steam wallet

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
533 posts

I just want to say that I like this Royal Navy event and missions.

They don't feel like work. They flow nicely into normal gameplay.

Alot of missions lately have felt like work. But these don't.

So I'd like to see more of this type off mission marathon.

Rewards are nice too. Nothing special but okay.

I like it.

• Cool 2