You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PassTheSalt

Toxic ping abooose

53 comments in this topic

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles

I have sadly just come home from work and in my very first match we had a pink Yugumo who pinged the map multiple times a second for the whole game, somewhere north of 5000 map pings, it not only made concentrating impossible, it mad communicating difficult and eventually two teammates broke and tried to take him down unaware this was what the troll was after, one, an atlanta managed to mirror damage himself to death.

The yugumo was obviously toxic and also aware that someone would attempt to silence him with munitions and that it would backfire.

fortunately I have replays enabled

EDIT

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming

[TTT]
Players
4,325 posts
7,937 battles

and we're supposed to do.... what exactly?

send them to support, he'll be gone very quickly. if not permanently, then at least for a good while - depending on whether it was a first offence.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles

they won't do crap, i had the same problem with a player called EDIT, that was clearly a bot, but when i sent the ticket they said " bot request is done by the automatic in-game system..."

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming

[CATS]
Players
17,846 posts
11,758 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, Flavio1997 said:

they won't do crap, i had the same problem with a player called EDIT, that was clearly a bot, but when i sent the ticket they said " bot request is done by the automatic in-game system..."

Wrong Ticket...

Do not complain about Botting, but toxic behaviour.

Worked for me 2/2.

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and we're supposed to do.... what exactly?

send them to support, he'll be gone very quickly. if not permanently, then at least for a good while - depending on whether it was a first offence.

This guy needs gone, the best way to achieve that is to get it under as many eyes as possible, your may not be connected to fingers that can dohat but some might, it's also been sent directly to Mrconway and a couple of CC's

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,302 posts
8,410 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 12:53 AM, PassTheSalt said:

I have sadly just come home from work and in my very first match we had a pink Yugumo who pinged the map multiple times a second for the whole game, somewhere north of 5000 map pings, it not only made concentrating impossible, it mad communicating difficult and eventually two teammates broke and tried to take him down unaware this was what the troll was after, one, an atlanta managed to mirror damage himself to death.

The yugumo was obviously toxic and also aware that someone would attempt to silence him with munitions and that it would backfire.

fortunately I have replays enabled

EDIT

Adding someone to blacklist also disables any chat or map pinging form that person in battle and in port. Yo you have 7k battles.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,111 posts
7,533 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, Flavio1997 said:

i had the same problem with a player called EDIT, that was clearly a bot

unfortunally that is a real player, but a troll who ruins games on purpose

[CATS]
Players
17,846 posts
11,758 battles
6 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

This guy needs gone, the best way to achieve that is to get it under as many eyes as possible, your may not be connected to fingers that can dohat but some might, it's also been sent directly to Mrconway and a couple of CC's

CC? Really?

Conway is a decent idea, but why not message him directly?

Posting here just brings YOU trouble, not the toxic player...

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles

I have messaged him directly
Highlighting the issue via a CC may bring a little more focus on removing the blatantly toxic
trouble for me? nah.

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles

Pete do you not do social media?
Bringing a problem to a wider audience can give it momentum, which in turn can force the hand of a company to act.
I'm not saying that will happen in this case, but for the effort of a copy paste email why the heck not try?

• Funny 1

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles
Just now, Episparh said:

I have reported that guy a month ago for the same reason.

I see how he was dealt with... :Smile_facepalm:

I don't suppose you have replays enabled?

[CATS]
Players
17,846 posts
11,758 battles
Just now, PassTheSalt said:

Pete do you not do social media?
Bringing a problem to a wider audience can give it momentum, which in turn can force the hand of a company to act.
I'm not saying that will happen in this case, but for the effort of a copy paste email why the heck not try?

In over three years I have never seen a CC bringing up specific players that were mentioned as toxic on the forum...

[RNSF]
Players
929 posts
11,187 battles
1 minute ago, PassTheSalt said:

I don't suppose you have replays enabled?

I had. I have rised a ticket. Got reply that they are sorry to see such behaviour and he will be dealt accordingly. 

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

In over three years I have never seen a CC bringing up specific players that were mentioned as toxic on the forum...

Jingles has done it with WoT players and had results

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,071 posts
15,733 battles

If you want something done about him, tag actual WG employees like this @MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos.

Or just raise a support ticket.

1 minute ago, Episparh said:

I had. I have rised a ticket. Got reply that they are sorry to see such behaviour and he will be dealt accordingly. 

Could just be that his ban expired, you know? You won't get instantly perma banned for this after all (or at least I highly doubt it).

[RNSF]
Players
929 posts
11,187 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

If you want something done about him, tag actual WG employees like this @MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos.

Or just raise a support ticket.

Could just be that his ban expired, you know? You won't get instantly perma banned for this after all (or at least I highly doubt it).

Yeah, i know. However, if he do it again it deserves permanent ban. 

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles

thanks for tagging them in, I'd already made a direct contact, but a thread where others highlight the same issue with the same player may also have some effect.
it's not an issue that one instance will change but weight of evidence may prompt some action.

On the anniversary giveaway stream devs were convinced there was a ping timeout after a certain number, unless this is over 9000 it's not working.

[CATS]
Players
17,846 posts
11,758 battles
10 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

Jingles has done it with WoT players and had results

I just wrote tickets and had results...

Did Jingles encounter them personally or did he take up issues of other players?

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles

Pete please stop trying to educate me how to make a complaint, i have chosen some varied channels to do so, have done it and am awaiting results. You may have done it differently but that is frankly irrelevant. 

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
205 posts
8,424 battles

Stop *****ing running to wg staff and cry like a babies every time someone insults you in game, shoots you or pings you. You look so EDIT trying to act like internet and online gaming platforms suppose to be home for peaceful sinless god lovin individuals. If you can't handle it maybe go play EDIT. This game has enough automated systems to handle minor salt which happens daily. For me it just looks like you are using personal reports to wg EDIT. Don't even pretend you want to make online community nicer because that way you need to ban half of damn world. 

Edited by Kampa1987
Flame
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 7

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
11,410 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 2:24 AM, Sugertukas said:

Stop *****ing running to wg staff and cry like a babies every time someone insults you in game, shoots you or pings you. You look so EDIT trying to act like internet and online gaming platforms suppose to be home for peaceful sinless god lovin individuals. If you can't handle it maybe go play EDIT. This game has enough automated systems to handle minor salt which happens daily. For me it just looks like you are using personal reports to wg EDIT. Don't even pretend you want to make online community nicer because that way you need to ban half of damn world. 

didn't watch video, did drink wine.