Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

New british premium ship idea

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OMSK]
Players
257 posts
2,996 battles

we got well had the belfast which really didn't work out all to well so well in fact it had to get pulled from sale, this has left a gap in the game for a british CL premium this is my idea for a good replacement.

 

 

i would recommend they add HMS Kenya (14) at t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶6̶ ̶(̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶6̶)̶   tier 7 to supplement the fiji and replace the Belfast (please note i am not referring to the ships already owed in game) as the British premium CL (the kenya is the same class as the fiji)

 

ball park stats would be almost the same as the fiji's including the British flavor of AP only shells.

Displacement:
  • 8,530 tonnes standard
  • 10,450 tons full load
Length: 169.3 m (555 ft)
Beam: 18.9 m (62 ft)
Draught: 5 m (16 ft)
Propulsion:
  • Four oil fired three-drum Admiralty-type boilers
  • Four shaft geared turbines
  • Four screws
  • 54.1 megawatts (72,500 shp)
Speed: 33 knots (61 km/h)
Range: 6,520 nmi (12,080 km) at 13 kn (24 km/h)
Complement: 730
Armament:
Armour:
Aircraft carried: Two Supermarine Walr

 

however i would reduce the range of the main guns to 12.6km range ( worse than the Leander only just better than the emerald) with slightly worse concealment  say around 10.5km detection range.

to compensate for the appalling range she would keep the 2 aircraft that were removed later in her life, as well as having the British flavors smoke and AP only shells.

 

consumables would be 1 smoke, 2 spotter plane/fighter (the smoke would be the creeping type like the Perth just because i like the look of it) 3, hydoacoustics 

 

basically a gimped fiji at tier 6 with its 1 main feature being like the belfast the ability to spot for it's self in smoke.

 

basic stats that would differ to the fiji

 

HP 27500 (slightly worse than the leanders)

Rudder shift  8.5 seconds worse than the leanders much worse than the fijis

Torpedos the 533 Mk V (emeralds stock torpedos) 

concealment 10.5km (by ship) 9.5km (by air) 5km when firing guns in smoke. the air detectability is a huge drawback compared to the leander and fiji at 6.7 and 7.3 respectably  

what do you guys think?

 

 

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
1,267 posts
12,491 battles

Far too strong - the Fiji is OP at tier 7 really and is best at close range so the limited range not so bad - and if you get the spotter, you are basically a Belfast at T6 with torpedoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Fiji firepower at T6? errr... how about nope.

We have OPfast, KamikazOP, StalOPgrad, HarugumOP, SOPan and COPqueror and others, so I don‘t see a reason to exclude OPs suggestion. It‘s not too strong from what I can see.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMSK]
Players
257 posts
2,996 battles
5 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Far too strong - the Fiji is OP at tier 7 really and is best at close range so the limited range not so bad - and if you get the spotter, you are basically a Belfast at T6 with torpedoes.

you maybe right, that would be down to the balancing department to give it weaker ap shells to justify its tier i was thinking a max ap damage of 2800 as well has a relatively slow shell speed kinda like the arcing type the Americans get.

 

also its worth noting that with a 2800 max ap damage the theoretical potential damage per salvo would be 33600 compared to the leanders  24800 so you are right it might still be a little OP but this can be balanced against gun bloom and or rudder shift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,325 posts
7,937 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

We have OPfast, KamikazOP, StalOPgrad, HarugumOP, SOPan and COPqueror and others, so I don‘t see a reason to exclude OPs suggestion. It‘s not too strong from what I can see.

"it's bad so why shouldnt we make it worse"? man I'm glad you are not in charge of balancing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles

I've been quietly hoping for one (or more) of the Battle of the River Plate cruisers; they wouldn't even need to be that different from the silver versions (we know WG aren't averse to clone premiums)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
24 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

basically a gimped fiji at tier 6

No. What you propose is a buffed Fiji at tier 6. You took a Fiji, nerfed her range but gave her a spotter plane+smoke combo - and this is supposed to be t6 material!?

Perth is t6. And not a weak t6 either - arguably one of the best, really. Go ahead and compare how well she matches up to the monstrosity you propose... even the weak point of your t6 Fiji - the range... Perth is only 200m better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,325 posts
7,937 battles

oh also, I am against your proposal because it makes the Dido less likely (which could conceivably fit into T6, slightly smaller Atlantas that they were) - and I really want a Dido!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMSK]
Players
257 posts
2,996 battles

i have taken peoples suggestions, listened to your arguments and updated the OP.

 

it is not my intention to make a OP ship but a ship that fills the premium gap we are currently missing on the British cruiser line.

 

if it appears OP in anyway point it out and/or come up with a counter.

 

for example i increase the spot from air range massively to compensate a little for its stealthiness in smoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
294 posts
6,802 battles

HMS Exeter for next RN Premium!

 

If you look at Dreadnought developer notes she's a bit better than a stock Bellerophron but not as good as a fully upgraded silver ship. That seems to be WOWS guiding principle (or so I'm told). So Kenya instead at T7 so players can parachute in to arguably the best RN CL class in game I would also support.

 

Basically any new RN Premium Cruisers (and so, so many to choose from) would be awesome. :cap_money:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,706 posts
19,184 battles
26 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

oh also, I am against your proposal because it makes the Dido less likely (which could conceivably fit into T6, slightly smaller Atlantas that they were) - and I really want a Dido!

 

You are not the only one. RN really need a premium cruiser as currently there is not a single available in the shop and Dido class would fit at T6 quite nicely.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
59 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

HP 27500 (slightly worse than the leanders)

Rudder shift  8.5 seconds worse than the leanders much worse than the fijis

Torpedos the 533 Mk V (emeralds stock torpedos) 

concealment 10.5km (by ship) 9.5km (by air) 5km when firing guns in smoke. the air detectability is a huge drawback compared to the leander and fiji at 6.7 and 7.3 respectably  

what do you guys think?

You're talking about Perth's smoke and you give the ship a spotter plane so comparing with Perth (one of the best performing t6 premiums) is in order.

 

Perth:

Hp 27100 - slightly worse than your ship

rudder shift 7,6 s - less than a second better than your ship

torpedoes admittedly much better

concealment 10,1

aerial concealment 6,9

 

something you didn't mention:

AP DPM:

Perth: 198400

Fiji: 297600

 

Seriously. Don't try to put Fiji at t6. It's not a good idea. I know she won't see t4 ships even if placed at t6, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMSK]
Players
257 posts
2,996 battles
8 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

You are not the only one. RN really need a premium cruiser as currently there is not a single available in the shop and Dido class would fit at T6 quite nicely.

your right i would love to see the dido, i would love town class and county class i am suggesting a ship for a role that don't mean i dont want the other British class's and sub class's added at some point, hell with the amount of ships we had at the start/end of the ww2 we could make another 3 cruiser lines and still miss some out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
186 posts
26,943 battles

You'd have more luck suggesting something like HMS Penelope at T6.

 

A quick and easy premium to make too.  The Arethusa class hull, is already a T6 Panasian CL.  The turrets are on Leander/Perth.  So all the ship parts are ingame already.

 

Equip with HE/AP (as a preimium perk like Belfast), repair, Brit smoke and hydro. Just needs a premium camo added. Maybe even one with lots of holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMSK]
Players
257 posts
2,996 battles
40 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You're talking about Perth's smoke and you give the ship a spotter plane so comparing with Perth (one of the best performing t6 premiums) is in order.

 

Perth:

Hp 27100 - slightly worse than your ship

rudder shift 7,6 s - less than a second better than your ship

torpedoes admittedly much better

concealment 10,1

aerial concealment 6,9

 

something you didn't mention:

AP DPM:

Perth: 198400

Fiji: 297600

 

Seriously. Don't try to put Fiji at t6. It's not a good idea. I know she won't see t4 ships even if placed at t6, but still.

 

9.5km vs 6.9km aerial concealment is massive in a ship that is basically built round stealth, and dont hold up well against any kinda of bb/cruiser fire its almost 25% worse than the perth.

 

a seconds a second its still 10% worse than the perth

 

concealment 10.5 vs perths 10.1 not much of a difference here to be honest there both designed to be stealthy 

 

i get what your saying the shear DPM is too much for its tier and you maybe right, i may have to re-think it as a tier 6 and look more towards tier 7.

 

convinced me to even change it to a tier 7 premium rather than a tier 6 premium we don't want more OP ships.

 

on to issues about smoke + spotter plane combo being OP

 

spotter plane is vastly different to radar, first it has a effective counter (shooting it down) second it flies around in random directions it's not like you can order it to say j5 (if you can i be doing it wrong). as a spotting tool it is rather limited if anything the range boost to the guns will more than likely be a bigger bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,314 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Fiji firepower at T6? errr... how about nope.

I agree its firepower suits it more at T5 :Smile_trollface:

 

(dont take this seriously wg :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,706 posts
19,184 battles
9 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

your right i would love to see the dido, i would love town class and county class i am suggesting a ship for a role that don't mean i dont want the other British class's and sub class's added at some point, hell with the amount of ships we had at the start/end of the ww2 we could make another 3 cruiser lines and still miss some out 

 

Well yes and no. While RN did have a lot of cruisers there isn't lot of different classes. Lot of those cruisers were very similar like Town Class and Crown Colony Class. Minotaur Class is very similar to Ceylon subclass of Crown Colony Class. And there is a lack of candidates for high tiers. So while there is a lot of candidates for premium ship there isn't lot of classes to fill that much lines. 

 

9 hours ago, VonBroich said:

You'd have more luck suggesting something like HMS Penelope at T6.

 

A quick and easy premium to make too.  The Arethusa class hull, is already a T6 Panasian CL.  The turrets are on Leander/Perth.  So all the ship parts are ingame already.

 

Equip with HE/AP (as a preimium perk like Belfast), repair, Brit smoke and hydro. Just needs a premium camo added. Maybe even one with lots of holes.

 

Arethusa Class is T5 max. There is no way that it could be put on T6. HH is already buffed by fantasy rebuild armament and even after that WG needed to slap as much gimmick as they could to make it fit at T6. Penelope had same guns as Leander or Perth just 25% less of them. She is T5 candidate, anything above that would require too much gimmicks. 

 

9 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

 

9.5km vs 6.9km aerial concealment is massive in a ship that is basically built round stealth, and dont hold up well against any kinda of bb/cruiser fire its almost 25% worse than the perth.

 

a seconds a second its still 10% worse than the perth

 

concealment 10.5 vs perths 10.1 not much of a difference here to be honest there both designed to be stealthy 

 

i get what your saying the shear DPM is too much for its tier and you maybe right, i may have to re-think it as a tier 6 and look more towards tier 7.

 

convinced me to even change it to a tier 7 premium rather than a tier 6 premium we don't want more OP ships.

 

on to issues about smoke + spotter plane combo being OP

 

spotter plane is vastly different to radar, first it has a effective counter (shooting it down) second it flies around in random directions it's not like you can order it to say j5 (if you can i be doing it wrong). as a spotting tool it is rather limited if anything the range boost to the guns will more than likely be a bigger bonus

 

There is no way to put Crown Colony Class cruiser in its original design at T6. It is already very strong at T7, putting it at T6 is ridicules. Even without smoke and heal it would still be too strong. Ceylon subclass, with 3x3 6inch guns could maybe work as 'regular' T6 premium, without things like smoke or heal but with HE. She could get DAA instead of Smoke/Heal and Hydro on separate slot and be a strong T6 premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,757 battles

The Easier Suggestion is to keep Jingles Happy

 

HMS Newcastle at T7
One of the earliest Town Class i propose her in her 1945 configuration. 

3x3 152mm Guns (A,B,Y) 
7 second reload 

Consumables:
Damage Control
Smoke Screen
Hydro
Heal (Three Charges of the New RN Destroyer Heal, 1% over 14 seconds)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,706 posts
19,184 battles
25 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

The Easier Suggestion is to keep Jingles Happy

 

HMS Newcastle at T7
One of the earliest Town Class i propose her in her 1945 configuration. 

3x3 152mm Guns (A,B,Y) 
7 second reload 

Consumables:
Damage Control
Smoke Screen
Hydro
Heal (Three Charges of the New RN Destroyer Heal, 1% over 14 seconds)
 

 

Well HMS Newcastle is a good candidate. With HE she wouldn't need smoke and heal. With just AP she would need some balance with consumable so that she won't end as straight better ships than Leander. 7sec reload is too much, even Belfast at T7 has 7.5sec. 7.5sec, same as Fiji and Belfast would be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,757 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

Well HMS Newcastle is a good candidate. With HE she wouldn't need smoke and heal. With just AP she would need some balance with consumable so that she won't end as straight better ships than Leander. 7sec reload is too much, even Belfast at T7 has 7.5sec. 7.5sec, same as Fiji and Belfast would be fine.

Three Less Guns, i am proposing the 1945 refit at T7 so 25% less broadside weight than Fiji & Edinburgh and only marginally more than Leander
hence the .5 second reload buff. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×