Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
barbabarba

This is nonsens

62 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
15 posts
4,261 battles

Just few comments on nonsense with in game. Last game I am Amagi, two Haragumo dds firing form the smoke, some 9 km away. In less then 1 min they killed me. In total 45600K damage. This is nonsense, I am mean this game has so many mistakes and this is one.  There is no cruisers or dd on my side  and I am left there just to die.  Shells are pouring and what to do. Further I made 4 hits on one of dds with HE shells for only 6000k damage.  Point is that game is broken, most of other games there is chance for victory with any class, tier etc.. But here is you are BB and dds are chasing you you are dead.  Now dds will start saying like ok but AP are killing us, and that is true. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Someone got trolled hard...

 

When you started taking fire you should have steered away.

 

FP and BoS help reduce burn damage.

 

 

Plus take spotter plane and shoot into the smoke. You'll be surprised how well it can work.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Someone got trolled hard...

 

When you started taking fire you should have steered away.

 

FP and BoS help reduce burn damage.

 

 

Plus take spotter plane and shoot into the smoke. You'll be surprised how well it can work.

He shouldn't shoot, but get away as fast as possible to get undetected.

 

FP and BoS are nice, but Amagi is 32 mm all over. Harugumo won't murder you with fires. Fires are just the nice visuals, but not the main reasons these DDs murder ships like Amagi (and pretty much all cruisers), if they are left to shoot them unmolested.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

Misplayed in his BB. Game is broken. Please fix (nerf every other class).

 

Riiiiight.

  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

OP has a point tho.

He doesn't tho.

 

From what OP said, he was alone and subsequently got dakka'ed down by two Harugumos in smoke which obviously also means there was another ship spotting him. 3vs1 and OP is complaining that he got sunk.

 

OP also complains that he only did 6k damage with four HE shell hits on a DD.

 

OP looks like one of those "muh historicism" players that want BBs to be auto-win conditions and throw a hissyfit when they play themselves in a corner and subsequently get farmed.

Because it's most certainly NOT a case of "every ship should have a chance to win" when he calls three ships sinking him "nonsense".

 

 

Someone bring the BBaby Bingo card.

  • Cool 11
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
4,261 battles
17 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

He shouldn't shoot, but get away as fast as possible to get undetected.

 

FP and BoS are nice, but Amagi is 32 mm all over. Harugumo won't murder you with fires. Fires are just the nice visuals, but not the main reasons these DDs murder ships like Amagi (and pretty much all cruisers), if they are left to shoot them unmolested.

True  there is nothing I am able to do,  they just shoot and shoot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,333 posts
5,792 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

From what OP said, he was alone and subsequently got dakka'ed down by two Harugumos in smoke which obviously also means there was another ship spotting him. 3vs1 and OP is complaining that he got sunk.

 

You dont know that. You just assume that. And it doenst matter. Harugumos promote a bad gameplay, they are wrong.

 

3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Someone bring the BBaby Bingo card.

 

This has to stop. It was funny a few times, but its old. Its not-construtive. The right place to throw it around would be facebook.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles
Just now, barbabarba said:

True  there is nothing I am able to do,  they just shoot and shoot...

Not shoot, move away, move left and right to not get hit as often, pop a repair, get where they cannot shoot you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
4,261 battles

The point is if there is no  support, then most of the classes are broken... BBs are strong with guns, cruisers are way tooo week with armor... But issue is  these dds and some cruisers are joke, shells are just flying, i am unable to run from both. Each hit is cca 400 damage but amount of hits in minute is joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles
7 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

True  there is nothing I am able to do,  they just shoot and shoot...

No, because you screwed yourself the moment you put yourself in a 1v3 situation with 2 tier 10 gunboats in firing range of your 32mm coated t8 bb. There was nothing you could do at that point, because you should have looked at your mini-map 1 minute earlier and you wouldn't be in the situation to begin with.

 

Not all mistakes are fixable after they have been made, as it should be.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You dont know that.

Actually:

44 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

There is no cruisers or dd on my side  and I am left there just to die.

OP said it. He was alone, enemy wasn't, simple.

5 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

The point is if there is no  support, then most of the classes are broken...

Confirmed in a later post of his. He didn't have any support, enemies had (2x Harugumos + spotting ship), simple.

 

 

8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

This has to stop. It was funny a few times, but its old. Its not-construtive. The right place to throw it around would be facebook.

You know what's non-constructive? Calling some stuff in the game "nonsense" because you got outplayed (or outplayed oneself). Or calling getting ganged up on by a couple ships against one's lonely self "broken".

 

So yeah, I'll continue to pick up the BBaby card when people make BBaby topics.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGBRD]
Players
231 posts
9,014 battles
6 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

So yeah, I'll continue to pick up the BBaby card when people make BBaby topics.

So mature... :fish_palm:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,333 posts
5,792 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

OP said it. He was alone, enemy wasn't, simple.

Ok, I didnt read XD. But still to judge, you´d need a replay.

 

4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

You know what's non-constructive? Calling some stuff in the game "nonsense" because you got outplayed (or outplayed oneself). Or calling getting ganged up on by a couple ships against one's lonely self "broken".

 

So yeah, I'll continue to pick up the BBaby card when people make BBaby topics.

 

So you atleast see, you are non-constructive ;) And posting something non-constructive into a non-constructive topic doesnt make it better now does it? And the player in question is far from beeing a Potato.

 

We should work on a better community. Where someone pretty new to the forum isnt ridiculed just for voicing his opinion. Why dont you give constructive critisicm once you decide to invest your personal time into answering?

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles
46 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

Just few comments on nonsense with in game. Last game I am Amagi, two Haragumo dds firing form the smoke, some 9 km away. In less then 1 min they killed me. In total 45600K damage. This is nonsense, I am mean this game has so many mistakes and this is one.  There is no cruisers or dd on my side  and I am left there just to die.  Shells are pouring and what to do. Further I made 4 hits on one of dds with HE shells for only 6000k damage.  Point is that game is broken, most of other games there is chance for victory with any class, tier etc.. But here is you are BB and dds are chasing you you are dead.  Now dds will start saying like ok but AP are killing us, and that is true. 

The nonsense is being in that situation in the first place. And not trying to get out of it...

Angling and damage saturation would have helped you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
37 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

He shouldn't shoot, but get away as fast as possible to get undetected.

 

FP and BoS are nice, but Amagi is 32 mm all over. Harugumo won't murder you with fires. Fires are just the nice visuals, but not the main reasons these DDs murder ships like Amagi (and pretty much all cruisers), if they are left to shoot them unmolested.

9km is too close to think about concealment. I'd shoot back as there isn't much you can do whilst you're running.

 

24 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Misplayed in his BB. Game is broken. Please fix (nerf every other class).

 

Riiiiight.

This is the main issue. A misplay in any other class results in instant death but a BB gets to think about their failure whilst they're being spammed/burnt/flooded/all these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles
52 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

Just few comments on nonsense with in game. Last game I am Amagi, two Haragumo dds firing form the smoke, some 9 km away. In less then 1 min they killed me. In total 45600K damage. This is nonsense, I am mean this game has so many mistakes and this is one.  There is no cruisers or dd on my side  and I am left there just to die.  Shells are pouring and what to do. Further I made 4 hits on one of dds with HE shells for only 6000k damage.  Point is that game is broken, most of other games there is chance for victory with any class, tier etc.. But here is you are BB and dds are chasing you you are dead.  Now dds will start saying like ok but AP are killing us, and that is true. 

 

Here is some real advice:

 

This game is not so much about shooting, it is about positioning your ship.

Positioning is the key to everything in this game.

 

When in a BB, you have to be in a position where you are not alone against DDs or CVs and where you are still able to get good shots on enemy targets.

So always think about your position, and then start thinking about your shooting.

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,135 battles
24 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

True  there is nothing I am able to do,  they just shoot and shoot...

WASD my friend. As others have stated this situation you have described is a result of poor situational awareness and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We are all human and mistakes are made when learning. Fact of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
744 posts
18,304 battles
23 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

The point is if there is no  support, then most of the classes are broken... BBs are strong with guns, cruisers are way tooo week with armor... But issue is  these dds and some cruisers are joke, shells are just flying, i am unable to run from both. Each hit is cca 400 damage but amount of hits in minute is joke. 

The point is that its a team game and only lucky or best survive without support of team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Ok both sides of the fence here: I both agree and disagree.

 

I Agree with the OP because the DD in question with IFHE (and good, if not longer torp reload) can murder a Battleship with 32 mm.  A destroyer should not be able to do that.  That is wrong IMHO from a foundation level. Seen this plenty of times and have mentioned this in another thread (one murdered a Iowa from full health on day one).

 

But..

 

I also disagree with the OP because regardless, he was really out of position and more and more BB players are doing this. Both in relation to the rest of his team and his inability to turn away.  Sure, if the DD is within 5km and the BB starts to turn around then that is a HELL of alot of time before the BB player gets out of range = Dead or close to being dead and on fire.  But If the DD starting opening fire at max its easy to turn and get out of dodge.  So could simply be player (OP) error and blaming someone else.

 

Unless we see WHAT ACTUALITY HAPPENED, we can but guess. My guess is that he tried to shoot it out whilst the DD was in smoke and got ripped apart by doing so, but that just a guess. 

 

DDs attacking strengths against Battleships should be their torps, concealment and occasional fire starting abilities.  You start throwing raw damage into the mix like this DD can and does, then it's not good for the game.  Even against BB moaners.  Even the Kaba cant pen 32m deck with IFHE and BB players HATE that ship.     

 

Remember about the "Casual players" that only want to sail the ship and shoot things.  Seeing a Battleship evaporate by a DD isn't great business.

 

And yes the DD has weakness and moves like a truck, but not enough to compensate for the Strengths. Fantastic damage output, ROF, good torps, usable smoke, High HP, very good AA for a DD? All the thing that make good players shine even more (like a belfast).

 

And it shreds a Gearing like nothing else and will shred the new tier 10 RN too.  It's a DD, Cruiser and BB killer all rolled up into one hull. 

 

By-the-way i do not own one so take this as you will. However, I regularly Div with 2 (new) Haragumo players.

 

:cap_tea:

 

I would keep everything else BUT would remove the 1/4 HE rule on it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles
5 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Ok both sides of the fence here: I both agree and disagree.

 

I Agree with the OP because the DD in question with IFHE (and good, if not longer torp reload) can murder a Battleship with 32 mm.  A destroyer should not be able to do that.  That is wrong IMHO from a foundation level. Seen this plenty of times and have mentioned this in another thread (one murdered a Iowa from full health on day one).

Why is it though? Believe it or not, getting gunned down in a BB by a T10 DD is not the shortest way to die at the hands of a T10 ship. Far from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles
6 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Ok both sides of the fence here: I both agree and disagree.

 

I Agree with the OP because the DD in question with IFHE (and good, if not longer torp reload) can murder a Battleship with 32 mm.  A destroyer should not be able to do that.  That is wrong IMHO from a foundation level. Seen this plenty of times and have mentioned this in another thread (one murdered a Iowa from full health on day ...

An Umikaze can sink a Yamato with guns from day one of the game if the Yamato captain is incompetent enough. What is wrong with that?

Every ship in game can sink any ship in game. That is the baseline of the game!

No ship has complete immunity from other ships.

Questioning such basics after thousandth of battles... :fish_palm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,648 battles

T8 ship gets killed by 2 T10 ships (that are its counter) and possibly a third unknown ship and it still takes a minute despite OP being solo.  And it sounds like OP wasn't even on full health.

I don't see an issue here.

 

Think how long it would take 2 Montanas to kill a Chapayev at 9 km - I am pretty sure that poor t8 cruiser would disappear faster than a fart in a hurricane.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×