You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FooFaFie

I'm a submarine...you're a submarine...we're submarines

215 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

Guess I will have to eat my words. Said repeatedly that subs would never come to WoWS..

• Funny 1

Players
934 posts
7,216 battles

Jurgen Prochnow's hat for everyone! 

I would love a convoy defence op in this game, just as an excuse to play the Das Boot soundtrack.... 

• Cool 2

Players
900 posts
4,142 battles
24 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Guess I will have to eat my words. Said repeatedly that subs would never come to WoWS..

That's the same thing @Sub_Octavian said at the start of the announcement, he'd been told from day one that subs wouldn't be added. I think it's great, shows that they're committed to adding content to the game and it'll give us new things to learn to play and to counter.

I'm looking forward to depth charge mechanics, it's always bugged me to see them on every DD and not be able to drop them. It'll be a while before anything gets added to the main game though ... maybe I should throw in a super-test application in the hope of getting a look sooner ...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Strappster said:

That's the same thing @Sub_Octavian said at the start of the announcement, he'd been told from day one that subs wouldn't be added. I think it's great, shows that they're committed to adding content to the game and it'll give us new things to learn to play and to counter.

I'm looking forward to depth charge mechanics, it's always bugged me to see them on every DD and not be able to drop them. It'll be a while before anything gets added to the main game though ... maybe I should throw in a super-test application in the hope of getting a look sooner ...

Well you won't hear me complain at all if they can keep them balanced, ie neither OP nor completely useles.

Catch is, of course, that is no small challenge..

• Cool 2

Players
900 posts
4,142 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Well you won't hear me complain at all if they can keep them balanced, ie neither OP nor completely useles.

Agreed. Sounds as though they've already put a lot of thought into that, such as you're only able to stay submerged for a limited time because you'll have an oxygen meter, variable dive depth, different types of torpedo. Obviously the Halloween event is only a first-taste in a PvE environment and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything of subs for most of next year while they're tweaked and tested.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,342 posts
1,074 battles
7 minutes ago, Strappster said:

To clarify the last part: Nothing is set in stone and it is not yet fully planned to have them in the main game. We will evaluate feedback from the halloween mode and if it was successful, we will consider adding them to the main game. TL;DR we will see

• Cool 3

Players
494 posts
5,672 battles
9 minutes ago, lafeel said:

There will be nice trade-off with Hydro vs def.AA with new CV and sub   ;)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Strappster said:

Agreed. Sounds as though they've already put a lot of thought into that, such as you're only able to stay submerged for a limited time because you'll have an oxygen meter, variable dive depth, different types of torpedo. Obviously the Halloween event is only a first-taste in a PvE environment and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything of subs for most of next year while they're tweaked and tested.

Next couple of years wouldn't surprise me..But as I've always said, I'm okay with WG taking longer with changes as long as they do it right.

• Cool 3

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles

Well... Its hard to say im surprised because WG did teasing us with submarines several time before.

I just hope that this **** will not end up as a new class and stay perma in game for co-op, randoms, scenarios, arms race etc.

Players
494 posts
5,672 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Well... Its hard to say im surprised because WG did teasing us with submarines several time before.

I just hope that this **** will not end up as a new class and stay perma in game for co-op, randoms, scenarios, arms race etc.

Well I hope it will (submarine) -- it would give such a big immersion in game and add new big good dimension in game 

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
4 minutes ago, Sehales said:

To clarify the last part: Nothing is set in stone and it is not yet fully planned to have them in the main game. We will evaluate feedback from the halloween mode and if it was successful, we will consider adding them to the main game. TL;DR we will see

I broke my arm if DD players wont find this new class fun to play and give great feedback just for implementation in main game...

Well, I know this could reduce player base of active players if that happen.