Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
strategy_admiral

Why WG won't keep previous cv play pattern?That is unfair

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
8 posts
7,518 battles

Just few cv players can play cv battles quite well,

Nice cv playing require lots of thinking , practice, passion, sense,...

not easy and not every cv player can master the advanced technique.

Isn't it unfair not to remain the present cv play pattern just caz few selfish non-cv player's complaint?

6 answers to this question

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
7,307 battles

The current CV playstyle doesnt fit with the game and there are a number of mechanics that work together in a way that is clumsy at best. Just because the current play style can be mastered does not mean it works well, is fair, is easy to balance or has room to grow.

The scope of the rework to the CV class is so great that players must appreciate that the current form of CV play is so far from WGs vision of CV gameplay in WoWS that it can't possibly remain as it is.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

CV gameplay dont work atm. They have to do something. Even if tehy anoy all CV mains and make them leave that means nothing if bandaid after bandaid makes less  and less players play to class.

As long as they have a plan and goal that IS fine. I have a lots of things in WoWS i dont agree with but can acept because i see a resoning behind their implementation.

CV fixing before teh radical overhaul we have now had none of that. just micro patch after micropatch with seemingly often going in diferent direction each time without going for core things like an unresposive UI that often makes you want to throw your keyboard out of the window on regular basis becaue you just lost another stike becasue the UI didnt register your clicks.

There is no "good" way to fix this. This will be worse than IJN Torpedo DDs balacing or teh inplementation of Radar and there is no way around that.

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles
5 hours ago, strategy_admiral said:

Just few cv players can play cv battles quite well,

Nice cv playing require lots of thinking , practice, passion, sense,...

not easy and not every cv player can master the advanced technique.

Isn't it unfair not to remain the present cv play pattern just caz few selfish non-cv player's complaint?

Try 97% of the playerbase....

Players
1,169 posts
9,136 battles
Vor 16 Stunden, strategy_admiral sagte:

It is highly unfair, but the reason, or rather the causality complex, is not just "because of a few complaints."

And I have to tell you, even as a non-CV main, the whole affair makes me hate Wargaming - for putting me into a deeply conflicted state of mind.

On the one hand, I hate carriers like most everybody else. I am too stupid to master the finer points of play beyond the dumbed down low tier CVs, prefer driving round the map to shoot people up, and hate it when these OP a-holes just blow me up with a single bored left-click and some godawful overheated AP bomb even in ships as big, well armoured and well defended as Friedrich der Große. Can't wait for this plague to finally just go away. The recent carrier upsurge in the game, in the wake of the foreshadowing of their impending extinction, has only renewed my seething hatred and really stoked the flames.

On the other hand, the CV mains are not to be blamed for any of this. It is not their fault. They are just playing the game as Wargaming made it. Many of them are highly invested, acknowledge the problems and probably know them better than some developers. Many of them made a lot of suggestions and contributions, attempting to fix or at least improve things. And now they are just being deleted, by a corporate keystroke. Ironic justice notwithstanding, that is not a good way to treat such a minority.

• Cool 2

[GEUS]
Players
21 posts
2,596 battles

Unfortunately it weren’t a few people that complain but anyone that lacks the self reflection to see that they themselves are responsible for being an easy target for a cv. 

They always complain about OP CV but if you don’t go playing lone wolf and be aware of surroundings to dodge incoming torps then they wouldn’t complain and blame a so called OP carrier. 

Same goes for a dd that put 8-10 torps in their ship. Nobody complaining DD need rework. 

I agree with you , it’s really a pitty that they want to make it easy for everyone. 

I’m like a lot of people just a average player that enjoys CV a lot to play but I am afraid I do see a refund for my Kaga coming ?

despite what people say , I dont think a CV is that OP that it should be reworked. Every ship can be superstrong with the right captain on the bridge. That doesn’t only count for CV. 

But not much to do about it anymore. 

I just try play my CV games and enjoy it to the fullest before they pull the plug. 

Happy Sailing! 

Modder
3,893 posts
6,952 battles
35 minutes ago, strategy_admiral said:

few?

FEW?

:Smile_teethhappy:

You are a funny guy. Does WG plan to take away your favourite toy? Oh... what a pity.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Sign in to follow this