Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

Dreadnought - about time too!

58 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
4,322 posts
7,937 battles

about time indeed! Now we'll wait and see whether she ends up as a free reward for the upcoming British Arc - doesnt seem impossible at least

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles

Unfortunately she does give the impression of being a another very meh tier 3.

Of course knowing me, I'll get her anyway.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,053 posts
7,468 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Given the rest of the game/ships, it was to be expected; I'll still get her though - it's Dreadnought!

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

Given the rest of the game/ships, it was to be expected; I'll still get her though - it's Dreadnought!

Same. And play her about as often as my König Albert. :D

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,342 battles

She should be a "meh" ship if placed at tier 3 because she came before all other battleships and its better to be made an exception and placed at tier 2

Modder
1,676 posts
3,655 battles
14 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Of course knowing me, I'll get her anyway.

In her case that was very much expected

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
1 minute ago, puxflacet said:

In her case that was very much expected

Indeed.

Players
1,653 posts
8,649 battles

Oh my, she's Warspite to Bellerophon's Queen Elizabeth.  5s faster rudder shift, 3k lower detectability, tighter shell dispersion. And it's Dreadnought, ffs. :cap_money::cap_money::cap_money:

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
880 posts
13,527 battles

Looks like WG have actually listed to all the people asking for this ship at last

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
6 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

With Big Gun Granny i see WG also made premium variants of the Colorado, Cleveland ans St. Louis. 

:cat_bubble:

Wichita is more of a Brooklyn rearmed with 9 203's though, if that's what you're referring to..

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Nice collectors item but I'll likely play it once and never again... Will likely still buy tho :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,130 posts
28,004 battles

The captain grinding in RN for BBs seems to be rather easy in the future - especially on weeks like this with 200% first win, but even 100 is really good.

With Dreadnought, Vanguard to complete the Hood, Nelson, Duke of York and Warspite - I know my goal is to fix a few 19 p in the long run for RN BBs, I have 3 14 p only so far and 5 is 10-13.

I like really T6/7 play, much more than Mega zao - I do not find her fun. Jack is on my KGV.

Both these must buy ships - hope that at least Dreadnought will be some mission - she is a ICON:cap_horn:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
Just now, Gnirf said:

The captain grinding in RN for BBs seems to be rather easy in the future - especially on weeks like this with 200% first win, but even 100 is really good.

With Dreadnought, Vanguard to complete the Hood, Nelson, Duke of York and Warspite - I know my goal is to fix a few 19 p in the long run for RN BBs, I have 3 14 p only so far and 5 is 10-13.

I like really T6/7 play, much more than Mega zao - I do not find her fun. Jack is on my KGV.

Vanguard isn't really serious competition to even the Hood with that turret traverse though..

[H_FAN]
Players
2,130 posts
28,004 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Vanguard isn't really serious competition to even the Hood with that turret traverse though..

True but its WIP - however as a collector......who cares?

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
1 minute ago, Gnirf said:

True but its WIP - however as a collector......who cares?

Given the price WG tends to ask for their T8 premiums, I care.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
10 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Vanguard will likely suck but I've got a thing for the real ship...

Clan mate said it's essentially running T6 guns. Whilst IRL any BB gun demands respect and Vanguard was rushed to have a +1 to RNs roster quickly. I can't see it being too strong in game. Haven't seen any stats but unless the 15" guns get monster accuracy and pen I can't imagine it being anything other than meh.

Guess it could have solid armour and ultimate AA, maybe radar, DefAA and Hydro? :Smile_hiding:

Feel free to send me hate mail if WG actually makes Vanguard a super consumable BB :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

Vanguard will likely suck but I've got a thing for the real ship...

Clan mate said it's essentially running T6 guns. Whilst IRL any BB gun demands respect and Vanguard was rushed to have a +1 to RNs roster quickly. I can't see it being too strong in game. Haven't seen any stats but unless the 15" guns get monster accuracy and pen I can't imagine it being anything other than meh.

Guess it could have solid armour and ultimate AA, maybe radar, DefAA and Hydro? :Smile_hiding:

Feel free to send me hate mail if WG actually makes Vanguard a super consumable BB :cap_haloween:

I have a thing for the real thing myself, but not enough of a thing to excuse a turret rotation as slow as that.

I  am not asking for a OP premium, but please WG give her a better turret travese.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I have a thing for the real thing myself, but not enough of a thing to excuse a turret rotation as slow as that.

I  am not asking for a OP premium, but please WG give her a better turret travese.

Well WG buffed Hood's turret rotation to something faintly silly. They're as quick as the Roma one's which go significantly against historic data. Plus those lol AA rockets.

WG want your CC details. Whilst I said it'll be meh, I can see them making Vanguard worth buying... :cap_money:

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Well WG buffed Hood's turret rotation to something faintly silly. They're as quick as the Roma one's which go significantly against historic data. Plus those lol AA rockets.

WG want your CC details. Whilst I said it'll be meh, I can see them making Vanguard worth buying... :cap_money:

Well I am not going to tell you how to spend your money, I am not that much of a hypocrite. :Smile_teethhappy:

In either case, as these are the first stats posted, let's keep a eye on for further updates, no?

• Funny 1

Players
414 posts
8,865 battles
2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

They could always give it Warspite accuracy as they are essentially the same guns, while toning down the HE, would make for a slightly more demanding play style than the rest of the brain-dead proof RN BBs...

Sign in to follow this