Hugh_Ruka

MakeKhabarovskGeatAgain

79 comments in this topic

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles

Hello WG,

Now that we got the completely OP Kitakaze and Harugumo as far as GUN DDs go, can you unnerf the Khabarovsk ? Just revert the rudder shift nerf, you can leave he 6km torps be ....

Players
5,259 posts
6,356 battles
47 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Hello WG,

Now that we got the completely OP Kitakaze and Harugumo as far as GUN DDs go, can you unnerf the Khabarovsk ? Just revert the rudder shift nerf, you can leave he 6km torps be ....

Because speed and the ability to actually dodge things, accuracy at range and a repair party don't count for anything. Also, 50 mm armour plate on a DD...

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Hello WG,

Khaba is still fine.

Khaba does not need to fear the japanese competition.

[-GG-]
Players
203 posts
12,719 battles

I'd agree that Khaba is in a difficult position.

Harugumo and even Grozovoi are also competent gunboats now - if not better -  without sacrifice of non-existent concealment and torps that aren't just for YOLO runs.

Some say - Khaba has 50mm plating - OK, against who ? Shima ? Gearing ?

A half-brained Harugumo won't engage Khaba if unnecessary, but just outspot him and let CA/CL do the job. Plus there is a Worcester now that also straightaway outspots :cap_wander:Khaba in pure gunboat build ...  

Obviously Khaba can't get 6.2 concealment but the ruder-shift nerf + 10km torps removal WAS too much as of today.   

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
25 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Because speed and the ability to actually dodge things, accuracy at range and a repair party don't count for anything. Also, 50 mm armour plate on a DD...

oh yeah ... accuracy at range when your shell shatter anyway ? what good does that do ? also the Grozo has better gun characteristics anyway for that purpose ...

hmmm that 50mm armor plate ... last time I tried to make use of it, I was dropped by Alsace AP ....

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,284 posts
7,571 battles

Khaba only needs bit of MM adjustment

but thats it

its still capable boat

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Khaba had 8km torps....

yeah sure .....

1 hour ago, von_chom said:

Khaba only needs bit of MM adjustment

but thats it

its still capable boat

you mean "don't match it with other DDs, Minotaur and Worcester that all have better concealment" ?

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles
6 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

yeah sure .....

I suggest to look at the server data before repeating subjective feelings.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,107 posts
7,533 battles

oh no...

The Khabarovsk is only listed #2 in damage! Obviously that qualifies for a buff. And lets ignore all the others DD behind.

:Smile_facepalm:

The "understanding" of game balance by some players always baffles me...

• Funny 1

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I suggest to look at the server data before repeating subjective feelings.

you mean that the popup in Flamus video showing torp range being 10km is not correct ? Have you watched what I actually linked ?

1 hour ago, principat121 said:

oh no...

The Khabarovsk is only listed #2 in damage! Obviously that qualifies for a buff. And lets ignore all the others DD behind.

:Smile_facepalm:

The "understanding" of game balance by some players always baffles me...

Khabarovsk only does damage ... The other DDs are actually capable of scouting, taking caps etc ... you know .... doing what a DD is supposed to do ?

Where in the stats do you see capture points per game ? Oh yeah ... you cannot ... Spotting damage ? Again you cannot ....

Oh why did you only pick TX DDs ? there are T9 and T8 that the Khaba can be matched against as well ?

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,107 posts
7,533 battles
1 minute ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

doing what a DD is supposed to do ?

You mean like winning games?

You are right! Khabarovsk is only on place #3.

Spoiler

5b9fa111e756c_Screenshot_2018-09-17WoWSStatsNumbersEU-Khabarovsk-Warshipsdetailedstatistics.thumb.png.26677133fc1508e0b8931f16fbe9db5f.png

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You mean like winning games?

You are right! Khabarovsk is only on place #3.

Hide contents

5b9fa111e756c_Screenshot_2018-09-17WoWSStatsNumbersEU-Khabarovsk-Warshipsdetailedstatistics.thumb.png.26677133fc1508e0b8931f16fbe9db5f.png

again oly T10 DDs ??? why ? Khaba can be matched to T8s as well ...

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,284 posts
7,571 battles
18 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

you mean "don't match it with other DDs, Minotaur and Worcester that all have better concealment" ?

no, the problem is that MM sees khaba as a DD even if its not a one

I remember few MMs when I was alone in Kahaba agains two normal DDs

that leaved us basically without any DD.....

so match it agains cruiser and other Khabas

and btw, those poor guys in Mino and Worc cant hit you if you know what to do

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles
9 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Oh why did you only pick TX DDs ? there are T9 and T8 that the Khaba can be matched against as well ?

Still wins more than them....

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,107 posts
7,533 battles

Just out of curiosity:

Does the fact that you (@Hugh_Ruka) only achieve 46k average damage (server av.: 61k) with 37%WR (server av.: 52%) on your Khabarovsk, influenced you to bring up this "idea" of buffing the Khabarovsk?

• Funny 2

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
56 minutes ago, von_chom said:

no, the problem is that MM sees khaba as a DD even if its not a one

I remember few MMs when I was alone in Kahaba agains two normal DDs

that leaved us basically without any DD.....

so match it agains cruiser and other Khabas

and btw, those poor guys in Mino and Worc cant hit you if you know what to do

that happens to me quite often ... however the Harugumo/Kitakaze hulls are LARGER than Khabarovsk yet they have better concealment ?

A concealment built Harugumo has more effective firepower (IFHE+CE), about 1km less ranke on guns, 12km very usable torps and very good concealment ... Yeah Khabarovsk has speed and guns ... oh wait, the guns on Harugumo are much better .... so that leaves the 50mm plate ... for MASIVE penalties in rudder shift and concealment ...

54 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Just out of curiosity:

Does the fact that you (@Hugh_Ruka) only achieve 46k average damage (server av.: 61k) with 37%WR (server av.: 52%) on your Khabarovsk, influenced you to bring up this "idea" of buffing the Khabarovsk?

aaaah, you looked at my stats ... no, that's because if I am not focused down by half the enemy team, I actually do DD work and do cap .... I mean yes, it's the suicidal thing to do, but almost any cruiser except a USN one can crap on a Khabarovsk these days without problems ...

but objectively, have a look at CC vids about the new IJN gunboats ... there's a few of them that mention something like RIP Khaba .... do you think THEY don't know what they are saying ?

btw: EU server by winratem T9 and T10:

image.thumb.png.6efefb5fb450101e1f85edb16d431464.png

You still want to defend your position ? when adding T8, Khaba goes down a place (hint: Asashio).

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,284 posts
7,571 battles

you are using smoke, right :cap_wander:

pick, prem. speed boost and prem. heal

mount engine boost modification

reskill the cap to this ( you reallly need max point cap for it)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b4dc56f7cc02055aff2cb5a2300ee75f.png

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

aaaah, you looked at my stats ... no, that's because if I am not focused down by half the enemy team, I actually do DD work and do cap .... I mean yes, it's the suicidal thing to do, but almost any cruiser except a USN one can crap on a Khabarovsk these days without problems ...

but objectively, have a look at CC vids about the new IJN gunboats ... there's a few of them that mention something like RIP Khaba .... do you think THEY don't know what they are saying ?

Yes, they have no clue when they regard a 52%+ winrating ship as dead, especially when the majority of high Tier DD are below 50%.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,107 posts
7,533 battles
6 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

You still want to defend your position ? when adding T8, Khaba goes down a place (hint: Asashio).

Yes. Because you have to balance the ship within its tier.

But I understand that you "knowledge" of balance is more driven by feeling than facts. :Smile_sceptic:

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
45 minutes ago, von_chom said:

you are using smoke, right :cap_wander:

pick, prem. speed boost and prem. heal

mount engine boost modification

reskill the cap to this ( you reallly need max point cap for it)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.b4dc56f7cc02055aff2cb5a2300ee75f.png

hey, another klugscheiser ... no, I am using heal, I have the speed boost duration upgrade and you are showing my build except that I only have 14 effective captain points (no demo expert and no superintendent iirc, cannot really remember) ... if the ship only works with 19pt captain, then it needs boosting anyway ....

40 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Yes. Because you have to balance the ship within its tier.

But I understand that you "knowledge" of balance is more driven by feeling than facts. :Smile_sceptic:

let's see ... we have a gunboat only ship that has nothing going for it but the guns immediately displaced from top damage ship by a newcomer that has much more options and flexibility in its builds ...

that's a feeling right ?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles
10 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

let's see ... we have a gunboat only ship that has nothing going for it but the guns immediately displaced from top damage ship by a newcomer that has much more options and flexibility in its builds ...

that's a feeling right ?

Yes.

Results count.

Haragumo has a big problem when shooting without smoke and getting torped.

Players
890 posts
2,506 battles
41 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes.

Results count.

Haragumo has a big problem when shooting without smoke and getting torped.

what a suprise ... the Khabarovsk as well ... it has worse rudder shift and worse turning circle ... speed does not agility make ....

[CATS]
Players
17,790 posts
11,755 battles

Khaba is made for shooting without smoke...

And as a second line ship, she has less problems with torps.

Her WR tells you that this works.