Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Target tracking (auto) at close ranges

6 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
3,196 posts
8,329 battles

Now im not much of a BB player.

But whats bugging me for ages now is that when you come close (lets say <5 km or so) and you are "zoomed in" about to shoot, even tho the target is selected the mechanics stops auto-tracking it.

Now in my eyes thats a bug. Just died because of this ... I was just about to shoot and the target wasnt tracked any more, making it slide out of my cross and I missed entire salvo.

I think this should get looked into. Opinions? (hope I made it clear if not I can try to make a vid). Its not when the guns cant keep track on the target, its like playing without "Track the locked target" option thats in the "Controls" settings.

Players
89 posts
15,135 battles

Don’t use zoom at that distance. Use external view, not least because in a BB you can lower your guns more and Hoover up waterline citadels 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,196 posts
8,329 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Finnster said:

Don’t use zoom at that distance. Use external view, not least because in a BB you can lower your guns more and Hoover up waterline citadels 

I do appreciate the advice (thanks), I do that often (this time I wasnt that close), but I had a perfect shot on target and the engine decided to troll me with a flick of a finger. After I mashed X key couple of times it started tracking again.

I have to add that this happens also at larger distances ... rare, but still it happens (not to mention sudden target change or being unable to select the target for several seconds). 

Is anyone also getting this?

Players
52 posts
4,679 battles

I don't specifically recognize it from close range. From long range, sure. Some games for some reason I have to manually tell it to lock pretty much every single enemy ship I want to fire on, while on most games it just automatically locks fine.

Players
1,382 posts
5,414 battles

I had this happen quite a lot about 6+ months ago, where the "camera" auto-tracking would just stop, even though the ship was still targeted, but I've not had this particular bug in a long time now.

[CATS]
Players
17,754 posts
11,751 battles

Never happened to me. 

Yes, BB have trouble keeping their guns on close and fast moving targets, but that is because of the turret traverse.

Sign in to follow this