Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction

The problem with Seal Clubbers

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6 posts
4,637 battles

*edit

So I found this destroyer player on my team last night with an insane 2155 (!) Battles played in his V-25. He was one of the more extreme examples, but about a third of the players at low tier have 200+ Battles in their respective ships. In my opinion, this poses a serious problem as it means that right of the bat, new players are faced with a crowd of experienced players, literally seal clubbing them, resulting in these players enjoying the game less and thus reducing the player retention of the game significantly. Clearly, losing players is not a good thing and should be avoided by discouraging more experienced players from playing those tiers.

 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be achieved?

 

 

Does anyone else even think that this is a problem?

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming.
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,589 posts
5,930 battles

If there are so many sealclubbers around, that actually would mean that they are clubbing each other too. Actually thats kinda true, since we occasionally play lowtiers aswell, and sometimes (not always) you get those clubber divisions too.

But lets be realistic: So many actually arent around. And they cant club all 12 enemies at the same time. So getting rekt by sealclubbers is not really something you would notice on a larger scale. Also the newbies would need to know that the enemies ARE sealclubbers in order to be offended by that. They might actually recognize that there are better players arond and realize what is possible and shouldnt be done (aka broadsiding, yoloing...)

Rather have them learn on lowtiers than being a total potato at T10 and still derp around.

 

Also, you cant really forbid anyone from playing any Tier. If someone likes to play T2 all day long... let him?

By same logic i want to have 20% 3-man BB/DD divisions banned from T10. They ruin the fun for far more ppl in one game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,500 battles

Dont really care for t5 sealclubbers my t5 go to ship these days is usually podvoysky, cesare or kamikaze, oh wait... :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,563 battles

Not really going to effect new players due to protected matchmaking.

 

The transition from said protectorate straight into tier V MM should be a much more substantial shock for new players.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles

*edit

Yeah no... He isn't a seal clubber. Not with 15k average.

 

sealchd9s.png

 

^ This is the "lowest negotiation base" for seal clubbing

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
On 16/09/2018 at 7:52 PM, Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction said:

*edit

 

So I found this destroyer player on my team last night with an insane 2155 (!) Battles played in his V-25. He was one of the more extreme examples, but about a third of the players at low tier have 200+ Battles in their respective ships. In my opinion, this poses a serious problem as it means that right of the bat, new players are faced with a crowd of experienced players, literally seal clubbing them, resulting in these players enjoying the game less and thus reducing the player retention of the game significantly. Clearly, losing players is not a good thing and should be avoided by discouraging more experienced players from playing those tiers.

 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be achieved?

 

 

Does anyone else even think that this is a problem?

Your aware that naming and shaming is agist forum rules? And playing a fun ship isnt really sealclubing especally with the agresive playstyle of teh early german DDs........

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
4,637 battles
Just now, Spellfire40 said:

Your aware that naming and shaming is agist forum rules? And playing a fun ship isnt really sealclubing especally with the agresive playstyle of teh early german DDs........

Well, my post wasn't targeted at this individual specifically but rather the group that he is a part of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
1 minute ago, Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction said:

Well, my post wasn't targeted at this individual specifically but rather the group that he is a part of.

I would blott out the name anyhow if especally if your painting high number of low tir battles as a negativ thing. it dont matter if you "not" targeting him specifically when your shaming all that play a large numer of low tir battles....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
4,637 battles
1 minute ago, Spellfire40 said:

I would blott out the name anyhow if especally if your painting high number of low tir battles as a negativ thing. it dont matter if you "not" targeting him specifically when your shaming all that play a large numer of low tir battles....

Ok fair enough. I will keep it in mind .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
24 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Never forget, there actually seems to be a community of competitive T1 players...

Dont really matters since up a certain point new players wont see any sealcluber till tehy either reach a certain tir or played a number of battles. They allready have their protected space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,910 posts
5,023 battles
Just now, Spellfire40 said:

Dont really matters since up a certain point new players wont see any sealcluber till tehy either reach a certain tir or played a number of battles. They allready have their protected space.

I don't think you got the point of the post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
8 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I don't think you got the point of the post...

Well unless your mocking competitiv T1 player? We certainly had fun Black Swan Divisions before they nerfed them :Smile_teethhappy:. Nobody really takes low tir seriously its just a bit of mindless fun and a good relaxing place after the mindnumbing boring canpfest that plages high tir. whats teh matter if someone with a 19 pointer runs around  in T1-4? Its not like you spend 1k battles in that range when your grinding your 2ed plus line.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,910 posts
5,023 battles
10 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Well unless your mocking competitiv T1 player? We certainly had fun Black Swan Divisions before they nerfed them :Smile_teethhappy:. Nobody really takes low tir seriously its just a bit of mindless fun and a good relaxing place after the mindnumbing boring canpfest that plages high tir. whats teh matter if someone with a 19 pointer runs around  in T1-4? Its not like you spend 1k battles in that range when your grinding your 2ed plus line.

Mostly just remind (mockingly) about that quality thread. I don't particularly care about people running around in lower tiers for thousands of battles. I just find it silly when someone takes it actually serious.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,363 posts
5,833 battles
29 minutes ago, Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction said:

Ok fair enough. I will keep it in mind .

 

Dont keep it in mind, go back, edit your post and change the pic. Unless you like to get warnings/bans from the forum.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
751 posts
3,009 battles
2 hours ago, Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction said:

 

 

So I found this destroyer player on my team last night with an insane 2155 (!) Battles played in his V-25. He was one of the more extreme examples, but about a third of the players at low tier have 200+ Battles in their respective ships. In my opinion, this poses a serious problem as it means that right of the bat, new players are faced with a crowd of experienced players, literally seal clubbing them, resulting in these players enjoying the game less and thus reducing the player retention of the game significantly. Clearly, losing players is not a good thing and should be avoided by discouraging more experienced players from playing those tiers.

 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be achieved?

 

 

Does anyone else even think that this is a problem?

 

V-25 you say? A few clan mates and I ran into someone like this a while back. the player whos name I cant remember did nothing all battle apart from camping the edge of the map and sometimes trying to run to the middle of the map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

Errr. almost 4k Random matches, already T10 experience. What where YOU doing in a low tier match OP?? If I didn't know better I'd say "sealclubbing..."

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,856 posts
6,165 battles

Too bad WG disabled the posibility for Umikaze to see T8(trollplatoon), walrus clubbing was more fun, they were more plump :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
10,546 battles
22 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Too bad WG disabled the posibility for Umikaze to see T8(trollplatoon), walrus clubbing was more fun, they were more plump :Smile_trollface:

you make me almost wish I tried that. The good old times before radar and mirrored CV mm were introduced.

 

 

@OP. v25 is a well recognized fun-ship just like kamikaze. If you don't like the competition then wish for WG to do something about the campy TX meta.

 

personally I've considered to start sealclubbing as a way of protesting WGs direction of 'balans' starting with RPF and later conqueror and now worchester and Stalingrad. rather than participate in braindead HE spamfests i decided to take a break though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles

what i find a bit rich is the posters last 8 battles :-

Ll4Alhx.png

or to put it in his words "this poses a serious problem as it means that right of the bat, new players are faced with a crowd of experienced players, literally seal clubbing them, resulting in these players enjoying the game less and thus reducing the player retention of the game significantly. Clearly, losing players is not a good thing and should be avoided by discouraging more experienced players from playing those tiers."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles
2 hours ago, Th3Cupc4keOfD3struction said:

@Ferry_25 Hehe I was wondering whether someone would ask that. I got a friend of mine to start playing the game and decided to division up with him...

I guessed as much. On a more serious note though. I don't think it's a problem when people stick in lower tiers. Everybody has their right to play as the please. I love to get my club out of the grease once in a while because I love the chaos of low tier battles occasionally. And I have learned a lot of getting clubbed merciless in my beginning time. The best and quickest way to learn is the hard way. Indeed it might scare people off. But I see that as collateral damage. The play level on high tiers is already abismal enough. No need to pamper more unskilled players to the top. Either learn the hard way or go play Tetris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×