Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nooberg

Tirpitz or Roma

5 comments in this topic

[GW_KR]
Players
198 posts
16,175 battles

Hello captains.

This anniversary event I was blessed with loads of dobloons from SC, so here I am, pondering what premium ship to get.

Two main contestants are Tirpitz and Roma. At first I was sure for Tirpitz but now I have some second toughs. Pro's and Cons

Tirpitz Pro's

• Secondaries. Main attraction. I love secondaries builds. My Yamato is even secondaries specced.
  • Torpedoes - goes well with secondaries.
  • Good armor, no citadel
  • Can swap captains. Kurfurst one will be the main visitor.

My main concern about Tipitz is that is very similar to Bismark. I dont like to buy and own almost identical ships. Variety is better.

Roma Pros

• Fast shells, good penetration
  • Good armor, bow tanker supreme
  • Different / Unique

Cons

• Easy to hit citadel if broadside. I have deleted Roma's numerous times, especially with higher tier ships.

Both ships appear to have equally bad dispersion

Another option for about the same dobloon cost is gonna be Sharnhorst + Leningrad. Two ships instead of one. My concern about that is - I doubt I will be able soon to collect another 10k dobloons without shelling out real money so this is my chance to get Tier 8 BB basically for free.

Any advises please?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,195 posts
7,001 battles

Bismark has hydro while Tirpitz has torps.

I have both the Roma and Tirpitz - if I had to choose one it would be the Tirpitz mainly as a captain trainer.   However, eventually there will be an Italian line  but the Gulio Cesar is there for that.

Your alternate of Scharnhorst and Lenningrad.  If you don't have enough dubloons for both then maybe just the Scharnhorst (I play that more regularly than the Tirpitz mainly as it's more mobile).

[SCRUB]
Players
5,469 posts
9,924 battles

Both seem equally interesting, if you wanna call it that.

I love secondaries builds.

Tirpitz it is then.

Sharnhorst

Even better - best tier for secondary builds. You are top tier very often and it's the lowest tier that fully profits from manual secondaries.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,322 posts
7,937 battles

buy the Scharnhorst, because that's a ship that you'll actually want to play regularly, as opposed to being bottom tier every time. Plus, Scharnhorst is a much more unique ship than either Tirpitz or Roma - not that either is bad, not at all, but Scharnhorst is actually special.

As for the rest of the dubloons... eh, I've never bothered to get the Leningrad, but it's not a bad ship... your call whether you want to spend on her or save for something else

• Cool 2

Players
934 posts
4,251 battles

Scharnhorst is also utterly gorgeous, a big plus for me when the one ship you'll see all the time is the one you're sailing!

I considered getting the Leningrad but the slow turrets put me off, it's still got the slower turrets that were buffed on the regular DDs. I got the Loyang instead and absolutely love it - it's made of particularly thin glass, takes multiple module damage with almost every hit but it's sneaky, has USN smokes, 2.7s rudder shift stock and that OP hydro. :cap_money:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this