Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gizaman

Why the game needs the new CV rework to be succesful

5 comments in this topic

[DC_DK]
Beta Tester
278 posts
3,861 battles

Hi

As many in here I am excited to see the new CV rework make it into the game.

Why do you ask? Well for a number of reasons.

Let us start with how it works now!. They are way too much spotters, too hard to play and too powerful if you master them.

Simply put the gameplay is being ruined by this unit type. There is not much denial in that. I think most will agree on that.

Have played destroyers also, but often you can be met by a fighter unit and then be perma spotted all the time. That is simply awful. There is no counter for it. AA on destroyers is often low damage or none at all.

Bottomline here for the old cv system is that it does not work. 

The new and reworked CV will have a more damage over time aproach rather than kill in one strike attack.

Managing your damage control party and repair will be of much more important to limit the damage taken. But the downside is

that you will pretty much take damage as it seems. No more incredible avoid damage play. 

One of the core issues is that the population that plays CVs is too small. Why spec a ship to AA or using ships that can handle and protect against Air when there is no CV.

North Carolina is used in clan wars because it has good AA when you are certain that CVs will be used. In randoms there is hardly any reason to pick a ship with AA. 

A normal random match is often like this: 6 battleships, 4 cruisers and 2 destroyers. Often 7 battleships and 3 cruisers + 2 destroyer.

Wargaming wants it to be balanced. That is 4 battleships, 3 cruisers, 3 carriers and 2 destroyers or 4 battleships, 3 cruisers, 2 carriers and 3 destroyers.

At the moment it is simply easy to pick the best class which is battleship. A direct counter for battleships is destroyers and to some degree carriers also but with carriers gone it is easy to spec a 

battleship to counter destroyers and drop any AA abilities. 

Another point is that battles with a more diverse range of units will expand the games strategic teamwork. There needs to be more teamwork to be able to use all units to their fullest potential. 

How the new CV rework system will work is not certain at all , will it be a succes or a moderate succes or even a failure. Well we know that the current CV system is not working in a lot of areas.

In Wargamings perspective it is hard to imagine the new system performing worse than the old system. There are simply so many areas it does not work that a new system even a bad one is better

that the current one. While I can not predict the future it is almost certain that when the new CV system goes live which I believe it will the game will be changed. It will be an entirely new game. Imagine games with 3 cvs on each side. This will 

change the game a lot. AA will be a major area which it should be. A lot of players will need to change their way of playing and respec their captains and ships. Taking AA abilities over other abilities will suddenly be a very hard question. 

How does the new AA system work against plane attacks, this is still very uncertain and can good players just avoid even the hardest AA fire when trained? Only time will tell but the game is changing for sure.

[JRM]
Players
1,964 posts
16,187 battles

Wall of text :cap_fainting:

Ok i dont know what cw you refer to (kots?) couse in normal ingame "clan battles" there are no cvs and it remains to be seen if they ever make it there, and its not the case "there are no cvs couse none is stupid enough to bring them" its the small fact you cant choose that class for clan battle at all...

Another thing - "easy to spec bb to counter dds? Really? Not quite sure how speccing something to counter your "hard counter" can be considered easy, but sure bring it on, lets hear your suggestion on doing that. The only bbs that really have dedicated "anti dd" tools of any kind in this game are missouri with radar and DOY and german line t8+ with their hydro

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,342 battles

A direct counter to everything is Midaway my son

53 minutes ago, gizaman said:

At the moment it is simply easy to pick the best class which is battleship. A direct counter for battleships is destroyers and to some degree carriers also but with carriers gone it is easy to spec a 

battleship to counter destroyers and drop any AA abilities.

At the moment a direct counter to everything is Midway, and that's it. I can play with CV alone against 3 random ships and will win probably 80%.

[DC_DK]
Beta Tester
278 posts
3,861 battles

sisito00 and that is also a reason why we need a new carrier play. They are simply too dominant at the present stage. Yes at tier 9-10 I have seen some streamers show how they dominate. A new carrier system can almost only be better than the old system.

Sign in to follow this