Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SvR1983

Pan Asian Destroyer Balance?

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
50 posts
1,112 battles

Played the Phra Ruang recently, which yields a whopping 10:1 destruction ratio and is pretty much overpowered.

Now I have the Shenyang which is utterly useless (torpedos can't hit anything, it also has a miniscule health pool and abysmal maneuverability).

 

Does that continue or do they eventually balance out in higher tiers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles

I'm up to t8 and the balance seems like stumbling from side to side after a few bottles of Vodka.

 

EDIT: But that's probably the case with most silver ship lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,769 posts
12,135 battles

And how many games have you played in each of those ( is the sample big enough to actually warrant a topic about it )?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

I really have no idea why you hate the ship.
I had so much fun in it and enjoyed it way way more than the t3 or the t5.
I hated the t5 so much that i free exped it.
Watch a couple of youtube videos and give it another chance.

As for the torps not hitting anything you gotta play it like usn low tier dds.
I reccomend watching flamus low tier guides on both pa and usn lines.It will definately help you
 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,478 battles

I played few games in those low tier ones (dont remember whitch ones) and didnt like any so i skipped to gadjah and i liked that one alot, so much in fact i bought it a permanent dress :Smile_child:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,577 posts
7,340 battles

I've found Gadjah overhyped. Its still capable boat though.

 

On other hand, I've enjoyed Fushun a lot, nimble russian gunboat with good camo and workable torps. Whats not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

The Shenyang is one of the best ships in the game, in my opinion. She has unrivaled maneuverability, excellent concealment, good guns, and those devastatingly efficient deepwater torpedoes. But everyone experiences the game differently; that's one of its strengths.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,478 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I've found Gadjah overhyped. Its still capable boat though.

Oh dont get me wrong i have dds in whitch i have a way better damage and winrate but its just a fun ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
921 posts
7,192 battles

 

40 minutes ago, SvR1983 said:

Now I have the Shenyang which is utterly useless (torpedos can't hit anything, it also has a miniscule health pool and abysmal maneuverability).

Russian gunboats? They're not my favourite line, either. The idea of ever having to play Gnevny, Jianwei or Fushun again... please, no. 

 

40 minutes ago, SvR1983 said:

Now I have the Shenyang which is utterly useless (torpedos can't hit anything, it also has a miniscule health pool and abysmal maneuverability).

I enjoyed Shenyang, but then I like Japanese destroyers. And that's the thing....the Pan-Asian line carries ships of all the other nations and the play style lurches about horribly as a a result. Tier II is German, Tier III is British, Tier IV is Japanese, Tiers V and VIs Russian, Tier VI British, etc.

 

However some things remain the same and it's odd you can't hit anything with the Tier IV's torps when they are pretty much the same as the Tier III - maybe you're just facing faster ships? I ended up playing a Tier III game the other day (picked the wrong ship) and couldn't hit a barn door (or a St Louis at 5k) - I'd just adjusted my lead times for other ships and needed a few games to get my aim straight. The torp indicator doesn't reflect the speed of slow torps very well, either....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,699 posts
10,879 battles
1 hour ago, SvR1983 said:

Played the Phra Ruang recently, which yields a whopping 10:1 destruction ratio and is pretty much overpowered.

Now I have the Shenyang which is utterly useless (torpedos can't hit anything, it also has a miniscule health pool and abysmal maneuverability).

 

Does that continue or do they eventually balance out in higher tiers?

The problem lies on your side.

Shenyang is a Minekaze with US Guns on Tier IV.....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSW]
Players
3,792 posts
7,737 battles

 

1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

And how many games have you played in each of those ( is the sample big enough to actually warrant a topic about it )?

seven and two, respectively. So, no, he doesnt have any sample size (nor a clue what he's talking about, but that was already obvious when he claimed the Shenyang was weak).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,598 posts
7,323 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Russian gunboats? They're not my favourite line, either. The idea of ever having to play Gnevny, Jianwei or Fushun again... please, no. 

Jianwei was a British design offered to China in the 30's (based on one of the A class? I'm not sure).

 

Fushun, with a 12 point CE/EM/LS captain is an absolute monster at T6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,300 battles

Shenyang is one of my favourite DDs, IJN concealment and manoeuvrability with American weapons, usually wrecks anything it wants to. The torps are fine.

 

And there's nothing wrong with the Russian boats, of either line, and aside from maybe one or two mehbotes they're all lethal - as long as you adapt to a different playstyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,327 battles

I think the only weak ones in this line are t5 and t8. Jianwei is mediocre at almost everything with insulting torps, while BenYang, well, like the US variant it's just straight-up worse than its successor on top of missing out on the t9 mod. Worse both in gunnery (if you use the Hull C, which is mandatory in this line and you don't even get Def AA to show for it), stealth, AA and especially in torps. At least FletchMu can claim to be a better torpboat than GearYang.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
3,589 battles
16 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

I think the only weak ones in this line are t5 and t8. Jianwei is mediocre at almost everything with insulting torps, while BenYang, well, like the US variant it's just straight-up worse than its successor on top of missing out on the t9 mod. Worse both in gunnery (if you use the Hull C, which is mandatory in this line and you don't even get Def AA to show for it), stealth, AA and especially in torps. At least FletchMu can claim to be a better torpboat than GearYang.

But I have 85k average Dmg and over 5000pr in Jianwei so it MUST be good! (Only played 3 games so far):cap_book:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
921 posts
7,192 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

Fushun, with a 12 point CE/EM/LS captain is an absolute monster at T6.

I hate it. Absolutely loathe it, the same as I loathed Gnevny. The worst Tier VI destroyers by far.... if the opposition destroyers are aggressive against them they have almost no chance.

 A personal opinion, of course, and others may love them (as the poster above loves the Jianwei, I boat I found incapable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
56 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

I think the only weak ones in this line are t5 and t8. Jianwei is mediocre at almost everything with insulting torps, while BenYang, well, like the US variant it's just straight-up worse than its successor on top of missing out on the t9 mod. Worse both in gunnery (if you use the Hull C, which is mandatory in this line and you don't even get Def AA to show for it), stealth, AA and especially in torps. At least FletchMu can claim to be a better torpboat than GearYang.

It is kind of to be expected that a T9 is better than a T8 though. By that standard, all T8 DDs are crap.

1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

I hate it. Absolutely loathe it, the same as I loathed Gnevny. The worst Tier VI destroyers by far.... if the opposition destroyers are aggressive against them they have almost no chance.

 A personal opinion, of course, and others may love them (as the poster above loves the Jianwei, I boat I found incapable).

Hatsuharu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,478 battles

I dont like gnevnys much, never have and never will, I do have Anshan but with his 8 km torps you can play it much more like a "normal dd" i guess fushun is viable as well since it has long range torps as well aldough they are dwts but its just 2 meh imho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,300 battles

Gnevny and Fushun were two of my favourite grinds. You might not like them but they are workable, IF you adapt to the playstyle.

 

I love it when DDs get aggressive, because 9/10 I've anticipated (or know via rdf) the direction of attack and can kite them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
447 posts
6,382 battles
1 hour ago, MoveZig said:

I think the only weak ones in this line are t5 and t8. Jianwei is mediocre at almost everything with insulting torps, while BenYang, well, like the US variant it's just straight-up worse than its successor on top of missing out on the t9 mod. Worse both in gunnery (if you use the Hull C, which is mandatory in this line and you don't even get Def AA to show for it), stealth, AA and especially in torps. At least FletchMu can claim to be a better torpboat than GearYang.

Yeah, I still have a captain in the T4 and have both the T7 and T9 with permanent camo. T4 is basically a minakaze with more guns and twice the rate of fire, that trades the extra gunpower for DW torpedoes.

 

The N class and the Fletcher are two of the prettiest DDs and they are very solid ingame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,699 posts
10,879 battles
18 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I hate it. Absolutely loathe it, the same as I loathed Gnevny. The worst Tier VI destroyers by far.... if the opposition destroyers are aggressive against them they have almost no chance.

 A personal opinion, of course, and others may love them (as the poster above loves the Jianwei, I boat I found incapable).

Sure....image.thumb.png.f06a97d6215568fd5985a0abc379d36b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,598 posts
7,323 battles
45 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I hate it. Absolutely loathe it, the same as I loathed Gnevny. The worst Tier VI destroyers by far.... if the opposition destroyers are aggressive against them they have almost no chance.

 A personal opinion, of course, and others may love them (as the poster above loves the Jianwei, I boat I found incapable).

Fushun doesn't quite have the DPM of the USN (or Aigle) but can even things out if it can keep the range up to about 7 km and take advantage of the gun arcs, and has substantial speed, detection and HP advantages to boot, against anything else at T6 it bosses them.

 

Don't play it like a RU DD, play it like a multi-role hybrid and it shines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
353 posts
1,485 battles
2 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Fushun doesn't quite have the DPM of the USN (or Aigle) but can even things out if it can keep the range up to about 7 km and take advantage of the gun arcs, and has substantial speed, detection and HP advantages to boot, against anything else at T6 it bosses them.

 

Don't play it like a RU DD, play it like a multi-role hybrid and it shines.

So, out of interest would you recommend keeping much the same capitain build for Fushun as for the rest of the line? I'm not there yet – I'm staying with Shenyang until I have adecent number of games and a 10-point captain – but played a couple of Fushun games on the PTS and wondered whether it was a candidate for a captain respec and a build more like a Russian gunboat, with AFT being the main difference from the build I'd usually aim for on hybrids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×