Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

24h Premium Account as a gift from WG

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HOO]
Players
87 posts
7,740 battles

It's great that after completing a simple mission you get 24 hours of premium account. It's really nice of them.

 

However, it's extremely annoying it activates immediately after you win it. In at least three different missions/challenges, I got the 24h premium account literally on the evening before (a) going on holiday, (b) going away on business, or (c) basically not being able to play for a few days. 

 

Why can't we just win the OPTION to activate the 24 h of premium when we like? It works like that in several other games, World of Tanks included (I think). 

 

If you can, for example, hold on to your containers and open them when you like, why can't WG use the same mechanism for the activation of bonuses like Premium Account? 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles

It activates in WoT immediately like in WoWS.

 

They want you to get a taste for premium time and then buy more.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
7,740 battles

OK so it must have been in War Thunder and in Armoured Warfare that you could activate it later. 

In my case, I'm not even gonna get a taste of premium coz I'm leaving tonight and won't be home before Monday :-)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,055 posts
7,485 battles

WOT Blitz sometimes gives you tokens for premium time that you can activate at your leisure (I've occasionally wished they'd introduce a similar mechanic to the proper versions of WOT/WOWS too)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
35 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

They want you to get a taste for premium time and then buy more.

Except:

32 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

In my case, I'm not even gonna get a taste of premium coz I'm leaving tonight and won't be home before Monday :-)))

... that.

 

Getting free 24h of Premium is nice and all and if you can fully utilise it, can net you several million extra credits for sure. But in the end I don't think it really fulfills the purpose of giving you a good taste and make one want more, even if you could activate it at your own leisure. 24h in my opinion is just not enough to convince someone who's normally not running Premium time, of the benefits of doing it. Perhaps 3 or 7 days might... So IMO if WG want to increase their Premium time sales, they would benefit more if the free time they gave away for free was a bit more generous.

 

My 2c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

I got lucky I got the premium account first and then played my first ever game in musashi, otherwise I would've lost credits.

 

just coop things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
34 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

Except:

... that.

 

Getting free 24h of Premium is nice and all and if you can fully utilise it, can net you several million extra credits for sure. But in the end I don't think it really fulfills the purpose of giving you a good taste and make one want more, even if you could activate it at your own leisure. 24h in my opinion is just not enough to convince someone who's normally not running Premium time, of the benefits of doing it. Perhaps 3 or 7 days might... So IMO if WG want to increase their Premium time sales, they would benefit more if the free time they gave away for free was a bit more generous.

 

My 2c.

Well, there is the fact that he is not the only one who gets that day prem time.

WG doesn't give a flying frak about f2p players, it's a matter of throwing a few bones out and see who bites.

 

If someone doesn't bite, who cares. Enough people will, considering WG makes most of it's money from microtransactions aka Doubloons and prem time.

 

And there is always the option to NOT play when such a mission is active and wait till it's convenient.

Otherwise don't be cheap and buy a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
29 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG doesn't give a flying frak about f2p players, it's a matter of throwing a few bones out and see who bites.

Totally agree with you there. That is the message they're broadcasting loud and clear. I find it a pity and a missed opportunity for them, cause if they just managed to change that attitude, they could have so much more and be quite a bit bigger I feel.

 

I actually feel that WG are quite generous with the free stuff they're giving away. The problem I see however, is that every time they do, it's quite obvious that they do it begrudgingly, grinding their teeth at the same time, which lessens the positive effect those gestures could have.

 

37 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Otherwise don't be cheap and buy a few days.

And again I agree wholeheartedly. For anyone who decides to get into this game more seriously, Premium time is probably the best investment they could make, both in terms of the returns you get as well as bang for buck. I would recommend it to anyone who plays the game regularly, especially if they're going down several tech trees simultaneously. Still, I think that handing out 24h bursts of Premium time every now and then is hardly enough to convince almost anyone who's hesitant to spend money on the game that they should do so.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,844 posts
12,801 battles
Vor 12 Stunden, Jethro_Grey sagte:

They want you to get a taste for premium time and then buy more.

Yeah well the thing is, people who don't have TIME to play immediately after winning that premium day DON't experience that.taste. Instead, these players get frustrated.

 

Which is why not being able to activate such individual premium days on your own schedule is a self defeating marketing policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
107 posts
1,257 battles

Armored Warfare does indeed have the ability to activate premium time when you want to actually use it, wich I find very nice indeed, as it's not a given that you want to use premium time at all times. Like going on vacation and seeing prem time go by, and you not being able to make use of it.

 

I hope WG can consider this, as it's a much better system that's very user friendly.

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
7,740 battles
On 14/09/2018 at 10:06 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

Otherwise don't be cheap and buy a few days.

This isn't the best marketing strategy I've heard of, saying to people 'don't be cheap' :-)
 

The whole point is to give someone a taste of what they can buy. You give them a can of Pepsi on a hot day, they like it, they buy more. 

 

But if you give them a can of Pepsi on a freezing-cold/rainy day, your marketing effort won't work. 

 

However, they CAN take that can of Pepsi home and have it later at their leisure, which is what we cannot do here. 

 

So basically what Wargaming are doing is they stop you in the street and say, 'would you like a free can of Pepsi'? 

And you say 'why, that's very kind of you, but I've just had a soft drink, and it's cold and raining, and I'm in a hurry to catch my train, I mustn't be late for work. But I would love to drink it later'.

Which is when Wargaming say: 'Oh, no, you can't do that, either you drink it right now, and never mind you missing the train and being late for work, or we'll open the Pepsi anyway and just spill it on the ground if you don't drink it immediately'.

 

:-) 

 

This is how I see it :) 

 

One more thing, as for being 'cheap', you're thinking in terms of people who live in Western Europe and these amounts are not very big for them. But in countries that are still developing markets, like Bulgaria or Romania, the prices Wargaming has are actually pretty high, I suppose. 

 

On second thoughts, Wargaming is expensive even by Western standards. I mean, a brand new game on Steam costs about £50, right? And it's yours forever, your 'premium time' doesn't expire. Here in WoWS a single ship, like HMS Cossack/Gallant, will set you back up to £65. So I wouldn't say not buying premium is 'being cheap', it's more like 'being prudent'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
288 posts
6,688 battles

When I saw this thread had been updated I foolishly assumed it was because of the compensation to be claimed by everyone who played a battle on 0.7.9 https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/userbonus/

 

They are giving you 24 hours of Premium Time. You can claim this at any time before 18 October. It doesn't automatically activate so you activate it at a time of your choosing.

 

Isn't that what you were demanding, OP?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
7,740 battles
On 28/09/2018 at 12:46 PM, DanSilverwing said:

When I saw this thread had been updated I foolishly assumed it was because of the compensation

Don't be so hard on yourself. The fact that you didn't actually read the original post doesn't mean you're "foolish", just scatter-brained perhaps. 

 

If you had read more than just the first sentence, you would have seen I referred to several different missions, challenges etc. that give you premium time. 

 

In general, premium time activates immediately upon completion of a mission. The fact that in the case of this particular compensation situation you can activate premium time at any point (although why is it limited to 18 October? What if you're on holiday until 20 October?) doesn't change the main idea, which is: if we can stockpile flags, signals, camos, and crates, why can't we receive (and be able to keep until later) premium time activation tokens?  From the software development point of view, there is absolutely nothing that prevents Wargaming from doing so. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,182 posts
3 hours ago, callumwaw said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. The fact that you didn't actually read the original post doesn't mean you're "foolish", just scatter-brained perhaps. 

 

If you had read more than just the first sentence, you would have seen I referred to several different missions, challenges etc. that give you premium time. 

 

In general, premium time activates immediately upon completion of a mission. The fact that in the case of this particular compensation situation you can activate premium time at any point (although why is it limited to 18 October? What if you're on holiday until 20 October?) doesn't change the main idea, which is: if we can stockpile flags, signals, camos, and crates, why can't we receive (and be able to keep until later) premium time activation tokens?  From the software development point of view, there is absolutely nothing that prevents Wargaming from doing so. 

Players can complete OPS at any day over 7 day period. And they cycle.

Taking it is the same reward as ones you receive after completing a mission, you still have more control over when you get reward.

 

Get on PTS, play couple of battles, you're going to get day of premium activated at your discretion.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×