Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

Belfast

112 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles

@MrConway

 

Can you put the belfast up for sale again so i can be pay to win.

 

that or nerf the living :etc_swear: out of it you know its OP as hell sort it out please

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 11
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,091 battles

So where did the Belfast hurt you?

 

In all seriousness:

- WG stated they will not sell Belfast again ( but well, you never know with WG, they could always throw it in a 100 euro bundle...)

- They don't nerf single premiums, bad for business you know.

 

Belfast is probably OP, but that doesn't mean it has no counters or counterplays. ( and no, I don't have a Belfast ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,534 posts
9,001 battles

you might get one in one of the SC's for each of your T10's in the Anniversary event :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles
15 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So where did the Belfast hurt you?

 

In all seriousness:

- WG stated they will not sell Belfast again ( but well, you never know with WG, they could always throw it in a 100 euro bundle...)

- They don't nerf single premiums, bad for business you know.

 

Belfast is probably OP, but that doesn't mean it has no counters or counterplays. ( and no, I don't have a Belfast ).

lol probability tell me how do you counter a 3 man belfast division when they got better concealment than even the fiji the tech tree counterpart which is rated as 1 of the best tier 7 cruisers

 

it gets Smoke,radar and hydo not to mention h/e shells so it isn't limited on what to target.

 

oh did i mention it gets slot 5 something you dont normally get until tier 8 so it can take the concealment mod as well.

 

you smoke, it smokes then radars and suddenly your smoke is worthless.

 

you radar,it radars back or just pulls range and if there is 3 of them your radar ships are in serious trouble.

 

it is just OP as hell and should either be boosted up a tier or nerfed  wouldn't be hard to nerf just take away either smoke or radar having both just makes it OP

 

bad for business when they allow a OP ship to remain in game unchanged even though they know its broken, its plain and simple PAY 2 WIN and believe me players steer away from games that become p2w

 

but in all seriousness if some 1 can tell me how you counter a belfast division thats top tier with no radar ships on your side

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,037 posts
10,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Salentine said:

you might get one in one of the SC's for each of your T10's in the Anniversary event :Smile-_tongue:

Or find it in a christmas box. :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
92 posts
6,869 battles
35 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

lol probability tell me how do you counter a 3 man belfast division when they got better concealment than even the fiji the tech tree counterpart which is rated as 1 of the best tier 7 cruisers

 

it gets Smoke,radar and hydo not to mention h/e shells so it isn't limited on what to target.

 

oh did i mention it gets slot 5 something you dont normally get until tier 8 so it can take the concealment mod as well.

 

you smoke, it smokes then radars and suddenly your smoke is worthless.

 

you radar,it radars back or just pulls range and if there is 3 of them your radar ships are in serious trouble.

 

it is just OP as hell and should either be boosted up a tier or nerfed  wouldn't be hard to nerf just take away either smoke or radar having both just makes it OP

 

bad for business when they allow a OP ship to remain in game unchanged even though they know its broken, its plain and simple PAY 2 WIN and believe me players steer away from games that become p2w

 

but in all seriousness if some 1 can tell me how you counter a belfast division thats top tier with no radar ships on your side

Wow it has all that? 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
7,211 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

So where did the Belfast hurt you?

 

In all seriousness:

- WG stated they will not sell Belfast again ( but well, you never know with WG, they could always throw it in a 100 euro bundle...)

- They don't nerf single premiums, bad for business you know.

 

Belfast is probably OP, but that doesn't mean it has no counters or counterplays. ( and no, I don't have a Belfast ).

 

 

They have nerfed the Belfast.  Detection range firing from smoke has increased significantly since it was first sold.

 

I've sunk Belfast with a DD two tiers lower on a couple of occasions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGBRD]
Players
229 posts
8,994 battles
11 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

yes hence why they call it the Winfast 

And this is why it's not for sell anymore, and WG will not put it back in the premium shop (unless its in a 150-200 Euro bundle, as someone mentioned).

11 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

it is just OP as hell and should either be boosted up a tier or nerfed  wouldn't be hard to nerf just take away either smoke or radar having both just makes it OP

Premiums don't get nerfed. It's only removed from shop with the refund possibility (for a shot period).

11 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

but in all seriousness if some 1 can tell me how you counter a belfast division thats top tier with no radar ships on your side

You can't. But you can't counter a three man TTT/CR33D/RAIN/(put any top-tier EU clan) division. Should we nurf them to?

 

BTW don't forget to fill in this form:

edited

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
739 posts
18,304 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

but in all seriousness if some 1 can tell me how you counter a belfast division thats top tier with no radar ships on your side

You torp the crap out of them(if there's 3 of them) when they are in smoke or you ask friendly able DD to do that.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,233 posts
14,314 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

...tell me how do you counter a 3 man belfast division...

I face this situation once.  It was not easy, but fortunately the CVs on both sides were evenly matched, and the two ship division on my team was good.  I played slowly and save, before I was eventually able to gain position and torpedo their smoke. Two sunk and the last one, plus the CV mad as hornet trying to sink me. The division on my team, plus our CV provided support and I survived. At the end we won on points.

 

Three Belfast divisions are OP, but you have to do your best.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,408 posts
12,952 battles
5 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

You can't. But you can't counter a three man TTT/CR33D/RAIN/(put any top-tier EU clan) division. Should we nurf them to?

Sure you can. Depends which ship you play though. Saipan can wipe the floor with the Belfast. Helena craps on them with her 15 guns. BBs kill them with ease. WG has also implemented a nice tool to kill Belfasts not long ago. The x marks the spot on the minimap. Or circle as it is now. Funny to radar them at 9.9 km and blap them with amazing Indy AP as well. 

Point is. Its not that hard to play against anymore. 

 

Also. Its hard to counter a good 3 man div no matter what ship they play. 

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
931 posts
13,368 battles

Trust me there was a reason for refund after the smoke nerf i for one traded mine in and enjoy fiji much more

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGBRD]
Players
229 posts
8,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Trust me there was a reason for refund after the smoke nerf i for one traded mine in and enjoy fiji much more

The impact from the smoke nerf was the same for Belfast and Fiji... and yet Belfast have more tools to deal with the situation.

6 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Sure you can. Depends which ship you play though. Saipan can wipe the floor with the Belfast. Helena craps on them with her 15 guns. BBs kill them with ease. WG has also implemented a nice tool to kill Belfasts not long ago. The x marks the spot on the minimap. Or circle as it is now. Funny to radar them at 9.9 km and blap them with amazing Indy AP as well. 

Point is. Its not that hard to play against anymore. 

 

Also. Its hard to counter a good 3 man div no matter what ship they play. 

Agree CVs in general hard-counter a Belfast and any low-mid tier RN CL. Only Neptune and Minotaur have good(excellent) AA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

Torp their smoke, or get accurate BB and blind fire them in their smoke.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
931 posts
13,368 battles
3 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

The impact from the smoke nerf was the same for Belfast and Fiji... and yet Belfast have more tools to deal with the situation.

But lacks one fiji has that gives a lot of comparative advantage to a cruiser at those mid tiers since few have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
17 posts
1,869 battles

The Belfast is in it’s best state so far. Not too OP, not too weak. I believe it’s just in the middle, and it’s also down to how you play her. 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,091 battles
42 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

 

 

They have nerfed the Belfast.  Detection range firing from smoke has increased significantly since it was first sold.

Hence why i said 'single' as in 'not nerfing only that premium'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
944 posts
5,305 battles

I don't enjoy Belfast anymore these days. It used to be a cool front line boat but now it's just spamming from range, like a worse Kutuzov with almost the same matchmaking.

 

Maybe when tier 7 ranked comes back I'll harvest some more salty tears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,113 posts
2,224 battles
3 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

@MrConway

 

Can you put the belfast up for sale again so i can be pay to win.

 

that or nerf the living :etc_swear: out of it you know its OP as hell sort it out please

 

How about... no. :cap_like:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CU]
Players
295 posts
3,439 battles

How often do you come against a 3 belfast division? Very very rarely. I prefer my Fiji over the Belfast any day, which is why I sold my Belfast when the smoke changes occured. Smoke shooting a Belfast with the Fiji any ship is not exactly hard.

1 minute ago, MrConway said:

 

How about... no. :cap_like:

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,308 posts
5,737 battles
2 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

oh did i mention it gets slot 5 something you dont normally get until tier 8 so it can take the concealment mod as well.

 

you smoke, it smokes then radars and suddenly your smoke is worthless.

 

Concealment module and the radar, that exceed the concealment are wrong. I dont think there is any discussion about that. It just shouldnt be.

 

Other then that, I was about to mention pretty much exactly all of this:

 

1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Sure you can. Depends which ship you play though. Saipan can wipe the floor with the Belfast. Helena craps on them with her 15 guns. BBs kill them with ease. WG has also implemented a nice tool to kill Belfasts not long ago. The x marks the spot on the minimap. Or circle as it is now. Funny to radar them at 9.9 km and blap them with amazing Indy AP as well. 

Point is. Its not that hard to play against anymore. 

 

Also. Its hard to counter a good 3 man div no matter what ship they play. 

 

In addition: Just remember a couple of things: When 3 Belfasts sit in one smoke, its not only their smoke - its your smoke too. Unless something else is spotting you, you can hammer them with your Fiji. If you smoke up yourself, you pretty much them a sign "hello im here". Smoking up with Fiji against Belfast is stupid. You dont want them to know, that you are there. Then: if they are with 3 guys in the smoke, chance of hitting them is hugh. With Torpedos even better. If you dont tell them, that you are there, you can get in range to torp (again, if nothing else is spotting you). A BB nowadays has it even more easy to hit them - the X is just so powerfull. Use the O for horizontal position and then check, if the fire is vertically coming from that position. I hate this O but you can cita the Sh!t out of a cruiser sitting in smoke.

 

I agree tho, that 3-Belfast-Div is hard to counter and a random radar might pop up anytime. But I gotta say : those divisions are rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×