Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

Operation Last Frontier

51 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,919 battles

Ok...Last Frontier is still unlpayable for a medium player like me

I cant explain this stupid WG policy to kick off players by operation gamemode

I stop play it and i'll wait next week

Players
3,316 posts
5,751 battles
1 minute ago, OOAndreasOO said:

Ok...Last Frontier is still unlpayable for a medium player like me

I cant explain this stupid WG policy to kick off players by operation gamemode

I stop play it and i'll wait next week

I do agree with that. We basically divisioned up with 4 guys and still we needed a second attemped. Going alone? Forget it...

Last Frontier forces everyone to do the right thing at exactly the right moment. And when the spawns of the ships force you to turn, even when u do the right things, youll have a hard time getting 5 Stars.

btw: your name does ring a bell. We saw each other the last weeks quite often in the Operations, I recall. :cap_like:

[NWP]
Players
3,518 posts
5,850 battles

Agreed, this operation is too dependant on 6 out 7 players to do the correct thing all the time.

Also DDs having 100% fire chance doesnt help. Them having IFHE on top doesnt help. And if you dont evade CONSTANTLY they will hit like little monsters :cap_rambo: Which still enables you to get citadelled by the BBs.

Insane AA doesnt help either. On that matter, WG doesnt even care that you have much more ships to attack than in a random battle as a CV. They should consider that too when giving insane AA.

I even realized the Marblehead has SE cptn skill. Why tho?

And Bots focusing ONE player heavily is imo too much. Why must they shoot from maxrange when they have other ships closer? You dont see that kinda focus in random battles :cap_fainting:

I dont mind having hard operations, but this is a level of UNFUN, not hard. Same as Hermes, AP Bombs there is just UNFUN, nothing else.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,905 battles

I played it 4 times this afternoon and won 4 times, including a 5 star. All the games were random. Compared to the previous 2 times it was on when I had 2 successful runs in about 20 games I'd say the changes have made it a lot easier.

Players
1,131 posts
8,974 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, ajb13 sagte:

Compared to the previous 2 times it was on when I had 2 successful runs in about 20 games I'd say the changes have made it a lot easier.

My theory to explain this observation of yours, which is the opposite of everybody else's:

This time, you played it relatively early after the weekly rotation when it just became OP of the Week.

That's when (in my experience), all the best players hit the new OP and you have the best chance to get on a very good and experienced team where everybody knows what's what.

Maybe try it again next week.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles

I played ot only once in this cycle sofar, victory with 2 stars.

I'am actually fine with the fact that it is harder to get the stars and only the purpelest of virgins get them. What I always EDIT about is that many arn't even winable.

With the rerelease of Dumpkirk we know have what, 9 operations? And yet wargaming in all their patching and stiching can't even find middleground...

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,381 battles

@OP Errm - no? They made FF OP much easyer, had 3/3 wins yesterday in cruisers no problem at all, even when we had mouthbreather speshul bbs in one of them that got themselves killed off in the beginning and non of them even went east to zap atlanta we still pulled off 3 stars from that

Players
3,316 posts
5,751 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

@OP Errm - no? They made FF OP much easyer, had 3/3 wins yesterday in cruisers no problem at all, even when we had mouthbreather speshul bbs in one of them that got themselves killed off in the beginning and non of them even went east to zap atlanta we still pulled off 3 stars from that

Win and 5 stars are something completly different. I did it 4 or 5 times yesterday (not exactly sure anymore) and managed 5 stars once. Others were wins too, but...

Other operations are nice for farming. You put nice camo and tons of signals and you are pretty much guarenteed a decent turnover. Not here. I guess its up for debate, if the operations in general should be designed that way, that you can have a nice chance to get out with 4/5 stars, or if 5 stars only happen in like ~20% of the games. The thing is: currently, they are not in line with each other. Most other OPs are usualy 4/5 star, even if you get a not so good team. Here you need everyone to pull their weight and know what to do. If they would introduce a hard/easy option, then Last Frontier would be hard, other OPs would be easy at this moment. Then I wouldnt have a problem I guess. But the rewards / economics would need to be tweaked aswell then. You´d need a higher turnover in hard mode then it is now to be fair.

Players
144 posts

Pretty please WG. Don't listen to these guys. Yes Last Frontier is hard. Yes  yesterday i had more fails than successes. But not every scenario should be easy. Some should be near to impossible. So for once listen to the people that want it hard and not soft. If they want an easy win they can go play COOP.

You already screwed us over by removing tier 5 ships in some scenarios. :cap_viking:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
3,518 posts
5,850 battles
3 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

But not every scenario should be easy. Some should be near to impossible.

Then why play it :cap_fainting:

Because i like to waste my time even compared to randoms getting less rewards out of it and wasting flags/camo? Which freaking sense does that make?

An Operation which is too hard or not fun to play, ppl will avoid on a larger base.

• Cool 2

Players
144 posts
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Then why play it :cap_fainting:

Because i like to waste my time even compared to randoms getting less rewards out of it and wasting flags/camo? Which freaking sense does that make?

An Operation which is too hard or not fun to play, ppl will avoid on a larger base.

First playing a game is de facto wasting your time. Don't kid yourself. You play play a game because you want to kill some time. Or at least I play a game to kill some time.

Why play a near impossible game?  For the satisfaction  when you do win it. 

[NWP]
Players
3,518 posts
5,850 battles
4 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

First playing a game is de facto wasting your time. Don't kid yourself. You play play a game because you want to kill some time. Or at least I play a game to kill some time.

In general, yes. But in WoWs you still want to progress while playing. So if i play and achieve nothing, then it certainly is a waste of time in every aspect.

4 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

That would be like a one time thing. If i beat it once, im done with it. I only played it yesterday because our new clanmember didnt get 5 stars out of it yet. So we helped him do that, and i wont play the Operation again, why should i?

Players
3,316 posts
5,751 battles
36 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

Pretty please WG. Don't listen to these guys. Yes Last Frontier is hard. Yes  yesterday i had more fails than successes. But not every scenario should be easy. Some should be near to impossible. So for once listen to the people that want it hard and not soft. If they want an easy win they can go play COOP.

I like the fact, that you took the time and read what the discussion is all about. Hint: im beeing sarcastic. People ask for consistency. If you would have read and understood my post f.e., you´d see, that im pretty much asking for a hard-mode for all other operations. But its so much easier not to read a thread and stomp in with "GO PLAY COOP NOOBS" statement, right?

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,309 battles

What sucks about this op is it throws everything at you all at once at the halfway point. Other ops are much more linear and simple.

Aegis: Take out vanguard -> take out reinforcements -> go north and take out the CVs -> go east and draw fire away from convoy

TUF: -> Different targets depending on spawn -> go to repair base -> a;g(hv%rtr3th4jb@

• Cool 1

Players
144 posts
7 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I like the fact, that you took the time and read what the discussion is all about. Hint: im beeing sarcastic. People ask for consistency. If you would have read and understood my post f.e., you´d see, that im pretty much asking for a hard-mode for all other operations. But its so much easier not to read a thread and stomp in with "GO PLAY COOP NOOBS" statement, right?

My message wasn't a direct reaction on a post from you. You are not the OP of this threat. So I don't see what I would have done wrong. It isn't because you post something people have to react on your post.

Still find not every part of the game should be easy. Not everybody should reach ranked 1 in ranked battles. Not everybody should get a 5 stars in their first try in a scenario. And hard-modes isn't in the game. If it ever will.

Players
3,316 posts
5,751 battles
23 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

My message wasn't a direct reaction on a post from you. You are not the OP of this threat. So I don't see what I would have done wrong. It isn't because you post something people have to react on your post.

Fair enough. Still your comment has a real rude and non-constructive content. Also, please keep in mind, that a discussion evolves and you need to concider what has been said. Else - why would you even reply in a forum, if it doesnt matter? And why did you reply then ;)

25 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

Still find not every part of the game should be easy. Not everybody should reach ranked 1 in ranked battles. Not everybody should get a 5 stars in their first try in a scenario.

Oh I agree. But someone, that doesnt have a clan, doesnt have friends for a division, should have a fair chance of getting 5 stars in that OP, if he pulls his weight. Ive seen @OOAndreasOO in OPs, since he seem to play them a lot. He is a decent player, that knows what to do, from what I recall. Someone like him shouldnt have a huge problem to get 5 stats. That doesnt mean we should be guarenteed 5 stars every game btw. Thats my opinion.

Beta Tester
237 posts
13,759 battles

Have played operations too much......

I don't think it is right to make the only difficulty higher. I have no problem with the current difficulty but many people do have. We really need a lower difficulty as the default one and the hard mode for people who like challenges.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
10 hours ago, ajb13 said:

I played it 4 times this afternoon and won 4 times, including a 5 star. All the games were random. Compared to the previous 2 times it was on when I had 2 successful runs in about 20 games I'd say the changes have made it a lot easier.

You got lucky with MM giving you decent players. What you've described is rarity.

To consistently have 4-5 stars you need at least 4 good coordinating players aside 3 random players (which can't suicide right on the start as well)

1 hour ago, Milckenbom said:

You have Co-OP, you have Randoms, you have 7 other OPS. Impossible game gives you no choice and forces certain skill level and format on you.

One also has to consider vast skill differences among population. You can only design the game that will satisfy certain part of it. Everyone? Not possible.

@OOAndreasOO Ultimate Frontier. Very least you could get OPS name right...

[CIRC]
Players
36 posts
2,927 battles

My problem is the AI does the most annoying thing where it will shoot the Aerodrome even though you are within 5km of them... I know they said they wanted to make the OP harder but making the AI prioritise the aerodrome 10km away over you within 5km doesn't make sense... I don't consider the op hard, just that the lazy AI makes it annoying at times

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
844 posts
5,103 battles

I played this operation to death yesterday (with randoms) and the results were indeed random.

We did manage to get all 5 stars at one point so all the planets must have aligned.

I did find that later in the day the sole  BB just went into the harbour and did not leave it.    I did ask them to move out and support but they claimed they needed to be there 'for later in the battle'.   Needless to say we missed the fire support and team did not do well.  They did finish at the bottom of the team list as well.

While the AIs focus fire is OK they continue to fire on the same target regardless of how many targets get very close to them.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,905 battles
6 hours ago, Skyllon said:

You got lucky with MM giving you decent players. What you've described is rarity.

To consistently have 4-5 stars you need at least 4 good coordinating players aside 3 random players (which can't suicide right on the start as well)

This afternoon got two 4 stars, three 3 stars, three 2 stars and one 1 star, failed 5 times. Was sunk 5 times. The fail teams included an AFK BB, a Gadjah Mada trying to torp DD's and a BB firing AP at bow on BB's then switching to HE for the broadside on cruisers at 7km, well it is the start of the weekend :Smile_facepalm:

This is the hardest of all the operations, but the changes to the bots has made it a lot easier than it was, just not as easy as it was when it first came out.

[AS13]
Players
1,840 posts
2,016 battles

I guess me and my div mate will try this weekend, maybe with a clan-division.

We'll see how that goes. And WUT, not even a 10 point captain for 5 stars? DUH!

[WTFNO]
Players
76 posts

I play a lot of Operations these days and I really think the increase in the number of forts which must survive is Bull***. Why? Because I keep seeing how AI enemies ignore warships which are closer and instead single-mindedly pound the forts with long range, accurate fire. This is extreme RNG plus rigging the op for the player to often fail. There's mostly luck involved in that condition and I hate it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
16 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I played ot only once in this cycle sofar, victory with 2 stars.

I'am actually fine with the fact that it is harder to get the stars and only the purpelest of virgins get them. What I always EDIT about is that many arn't even winable.

With the rerelease of Dumpkirk we know have what, 9 operations? And yet wargaming in all their patching and stiching can't even find middleground...

The "PC" is stronk in this forum, if I get edited by some moral busybody for insulting MYSELF...

tenor.gif?itemid=5699289

[AS13]
Players
1,840 posts
2,016 battles

we did with [AS13] today, some of us had bad lag so we invited a few other players from [_WTF_].

Now how did that go...

Came second place in Hood once, but we failed... 

I managed to screw it up a few times, becoming a submarine after a few minutes. We got 3 stars.

Once because I decided to try shoot the south-east DDs, but the BBs were a bit near... (sunk my Hood). 4 stars...

then again when we finished the northern bunch a bit quick, and discovered the CLs weren;t busy killing the Dds yet... (sunk Hood again)... we failed.

and last time when I was given the task of DD hunter in the King George V, discovered a Dallas with 3 DDs (and that went as expected).

Apparently though I had found the last attack group, heavily damaged all of them before I sunk, so we managed 5 stars. 

It wasn't that hard but with randoms I think it will never work, unless they have done it before. 

Sign in to follow this