Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Duke_of_Asia

How to citadel BBs with moskava

11 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
44 posts
8,766 battles

Need help how to citadel different BBs with Moskva .

where to aim for citadel and from how much distance for ships like Yamato, Montana, Conquerer, Republique.

the reason I am asking is, I am playing ranked and not able to citadel bbs properly if it is possible.

Thank You in advance

Players
3,560 posts
7,320 battles

To punch through 400mm of belt armor:

-you need to be close, too close for most Moskva situations, usually below 10km

-guy on receiving end need to show near perfect broadside

-guy on receiving end needs to play Yamato, as every other battleboat have basically untouchable citadel

How exactly these are likely to happen?:cap_hmm:

2hvm8i.jpg

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,762 posts
10,656 battles
1 hour ago, Duke_of_Asia said:

where to aim for citadel and from how much distance for ships like Yamato, Montana, Conquerer, Republique.

the reason I am asking is, I am playing ranked and not able to citadel bbs properly if it is possible.

Thank You in advance

While The_Baptist might be blunt, his advice is actually pretty good. There are two things to do:

1. In the port, go to the ships you want to citadel and check their armor schemes. You can disable the view of certain parts to see where the citadel armor is (the citadel is on the other side of that, as you might expect :Smile-_tongue: ) - this should give you some base idea about where to find the citadel.

2. Go to training room, set the ships you want to citadel as immobile bots and do some experimenting with ranges, angles etc (preferably shooting one turret at a time to have a better idea about where your shells actually land each time you get that citadel)

All that said, I'm pretty sure that reliably scoring citadels on BBs is hard, even for Moskva. Apart from Yamato, BBs tend to have their citadels located in a submarine a couple hundred meters below the keel*...

*slight exaggeration alert

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
935 posts
4,173 battles

Moskva penetration is roughly 500mm@5km, 400mm@10km, 300mm@15km.

You can check armor values in the game client. You can figure out the rest.

[-RT-]
Players
122 posts
6,986 battles
20 hours ago, Duke_of_Asia said:

Thank You in advance

If you don't know how to citadel BBs with Mosvka, then I'd suggest not playing that ship in ranked.... 

There's already enough EDIT playing that mode ruining it for people 

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults
  • Bad 3

[PNAVY]
Players
44 posts
8,766 battles

ty for the suggestions, i knew i had to personally learn in training room how consistently citadel bb.

What i was looking for was penetration graph so I dont have to figure it out from start when there are competent people in this forums who have already done it.

Lord WC gave the rough idea of penetrations so worked with that and it helped a lot.:cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,652 posts
9,477 battles

I did go into the training room for some tests some time ago - and for me the ship has utterly been disappointing: Amagi, Izumo, Yamato - sure. Everything else you can citadel with a lot of buts and ifs and maybes .........

Yeah, I just wanted one thing: Citadel broadsiding scum in balancedboats -  thing is, this cruiser cant do that so I havent even played a single pvp match in that ship yet out of  sheer disappointment. I

ts not like the gameplay itself looks exiting enough to really warrant further interest.

Players
1,418 posts
13,009 battles
12 hours ago, havaduck said:

I did go into the training room for some tests some time ago - and for me the ship has utterly been disappointing: Amagi, Izumo, Yamato - sure. Everything else you can citadel with a lot of buts and ifs and maybes .........

Forgot about Iowa, Montana, NC, Conq, Alsace and Republique. Even German BB's some times if the stars align. But the USN ones are EZ. The others take practice. 

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
349 posts
10,181 battles

I usualy try to citadel them below the gunturrets, as the central citadel is mostly below waterline, and Moskva has flat trajectory shell's.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this