You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

Tirpitz vs Kronshtadt

30 comments in this topic

Question

[STARS]
Players
369 posts

Isn't Tirpitz a much better battlecruiser than Kronshtadt even though it is at tier 8? I mean, I thought about spending free XP on Kronshtadt but in my opinion Tirpitz is the stronger battlecruiser with more armor, armament, range, and it has torpedoes! It also allows you to play with a lower tier ships. All in all, I see it as a better battlecruiser. Let me know your thoughts on that.

• Boring 1

29 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
14,709 posts
10,879 battles
  • Kronshtadt is more accurate
  • after 15km Kronstadt has more penetration power, otherwise it is nearly identical to Tirpitz (without overpen)
  • Kronshtadt has higher DPM
  • Kronshtadt makes more money

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,436 posts
11,419 battles

Well, Kronshtadt has better accuracy (2,05 Sigma instead of 1,8), better rate of fire (3,24 instead of 2,31 rpm), better shell velocity (900/920 vs 820 m/s), better torpedo and fire protection, less fire duration and access to Radar and Def-AA.

And the matchmaking is pretty much the same anyway :Smile_trollface:

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Kronshtadt is more accurate
  • after 15km Kronstadt has more penetration power, otherwise it is nearly identical to Tirpitz (without overpen)
  • Kronshtadt has higher DPM
  • Kronshtadt makes more money

Yet, Tirpitz is the better offer for me and I think it will beat Kronshtadt one on one. Money isn't an issue. I have 403 million credits in my account presently and have nothing to use them for.

Modder
3,886 posts
6,947 battles
8 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

and I think it will beat Kronshtadt one on one

:cap_haloween:

I have doubts that this Tirpitz player:

Spoiler

5b9aa3c28cad2_Screenshot_2018-09-13DuneDreamersplayerprofileWorldofWarships.thumb.png.15f5069adac38a8abd616dbeaed110ab.png

will beat this Kronshtadt player:

Spoiler

5b9aa3dd842c1_Screenshot_2018-09-13Commander_CornflakessplayerprofileWorldofWarships.thumb.png.5bb5ee880fa5f4cf02b89eec4d9da10e.png

In this game it is very seldom that you can judge ships by their 1vs1 capabilities. Ship, player, situations... all that matters in combat.

And I think that the rolls of a Tirpitz and of the Kronshtadt in a match are different from each other. You will play the Tirpitz other then the Kronshtadt.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,709 posts
10,879 battles
7 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Yet, Tirpitz is the better offer for me and I think it will beat Kronshtadt one on one. Money isn't an issue. I have 403 million credits in my account presently and have nothing to use them for.

This is not a 1v1 game....

Players
140 posts
6,511 battles
35 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Kronshtadt makes more money

Rougly how much?

• 10-20%
  • 20-30?
  • ?

Follow up questions:

• Kronshtadt vs Musashi, which is the better money making? 
  • Same?
  • Which one better?
  • Any guesses about Alaska's money making potential vs fore mentioned ships? I'm somewhat Interested interested in (technically) ''Free'' moneymaker premium

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles

Kronshtadt vs Tirpitz?

Its not even a competition, I can say that because I have both.

Kronshtadt basically has Tirpitz guns but you get one more and much faster reload so its tier for tier the better ship with out question.

Theirs just nothing Tirpitz can do about a Kronshtadt  that wants him dead assuming equal skilled players.

Kronshtadt can reliable citadel most T10 BB's so penetration is a non issue and its easy to trash Germen BB's shooting upper armor belt with is the tactic used anyway with any big guns.

Tirpitz can never catch a Kronshtadt  so its going to be difficult for it to dictate the game.

Anyway its not even a debate so the question is mute.

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles
41 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

In fact, it is a competition. Tirpitz has higher caliber guns and the potential to do more damage with them, especially at close range. The only chance Kronshtadt has of dealing with Tirpitz is to run and try to set it on fire from distance. From close range, it will be overmatched by both caliber and torpedoes. I forgot to mention that the Tirpitz's secondaries are also superior and with better range. So think again...

Seriously are you delusional? Kronshtadt  feeds on T10 BB's, Tirpitz is a T8 and something you realy want to feed of because its easy pickings.

The calibler difference in Tirpitz vs Kronshtadt  is not that  relevant, Kronshtadt   has high velocity shells and pens things just fine and its after all a game not reality so how the math works out in the game is not always what you would expect from reality.

Kronshtadt  can citadel pretty much every BB up to T10.

The Kronshtadt  is 10% faster then the Tirpitz so theirs no way for a Tirpitz to truly hunt a Kronshtadt .

The Kronshtadt  can do 81000 dmg per salvo, titiptz 92800 but the Kronshtadt  has a much faster reload so the total DPS of Kronshtadt   is 4378 and Tirpitz has 3569 so it comes out pretty short.

Since both have heals and similar HP pool the Kronshtadt  comes out in terms of pure DPM VS HP.

Kronshtadt  basically has BB guns with high velocity shells so theirs nothing it cant penetrate.

Kronshtadt   will hammer the Tirpitz upper armor belt and super structure and kill it and theirs nothing the Tirpitz can do to catch the Kronshtadt.

And bow on bow action the Kronshtadt  hands down has some of the best turret arks in the game making shells even from T10 BB bounce more often then not on the bow while still maintaining all guns on target so its very effectiv when it comes to brawling.

If you think Tirpitz is even in the same ball park as Kronshtadt  your delusional based of your own hypothetical what if's, I have played both plenty to know theirs no competition assuming equal skilled players.

You can dream about secondarys and torps, and your torpedo launchers are so fragile your lucky they wont brake if the Kronshtadt   shoots a single HE salvo on you.

In fact any good player would try to break them if his committing to a brawl, i sure know I do when brawling a Tirpitz and its not realy hard to break those launchers if you aim for them.

But yea this thread has so much delusional ideas its hilarious.

If you seriously think the Kronshtadt  is gonna resort to shooting HE on a Tirpitz you have no clue what the AP on that thing can do even to T10 BB's, unless Im stacking fires with AP damage theirs no HE going out even on T10 BB's.

So that comment alone proves you have little experience in the Kronshtadt.

Kronshtadt  Vs Tirpitz is just funny that it would even be considered a question.

• Cool 2

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles
12 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

So now you're assuming that Wargaming have done it all wrong with the secondaries and torps of Tirpitz while most players prefer the ship mostly because of them? This really shows how delusional YOU are!

What dont you get when I say I have BOTH ships? I have a fully secondary built Tirpitz with 19 point captain.

Tirpitz still have nothing on the Kronshtadt and it never was suppose to match it ithere.

L2P instead of making dreams up in your head.

You have 48% W/R in your Tirpitz, i have 58%, your dont even have the dam Kronshtadt according to your profile on top of that my W/R i s 10% higher then yours. Why are you evne arguing about a ship you dont have and on top of that your hardly broke 50% average W/R.

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles
4 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Having both ships with 19 points captains does not make you an expert on the subject. Using ship ownership as means to prove your expertise in the field is hilarious. Other, more experienced players than you have already reviewed both ships on YouTube in a countless number of videos and they support their statements better.

You dont even have the Kronshtadt  so your talking with ZERO experience, yea your credibility is non existent so why are you giving TS advice with no insight what so ever?

Well another Troll in the forum I guess.

Come back when you unlocked it and played it for a bit will you.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles
Just now, DuneDreamer said:

Again, you try to defend your claims with ship ownership and insults. It only serves to prove what a pathetic person you truly are...

I did not start with any insults. I gave my option based on experience, you are just trolling everyone assuming no one is going to check your public profile where there is no Kronshtadt  and where your Tirpitz stats are below avrage.

And calling someone delusional that has no experience with the ship but think they have is the very definition of the word.

Take it as an insult if you want but thats not what it is.

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles

You create a thread about the ships, you dont like the answer but rather have your predetermined option verified. Whats the point then with this useless thread of yours realy?

[NWP]
Players
3,564 posts
5,902 battles
2 hours ago, G3Virus said:

Kronshtadt   will hammer the Tirpitz upper armor belt and super structure and kill it and theirs nothing the Tirpitz can do to catch the Kronshtadt.

And bow on bow action the Kronshtadt  hands down has some of the best turret arks in the game making shells even from T10 BB bounce more often then not on the bow while still maintaining all guns on target so its very effectiv when it comes to brawling.

I dont want to take any side, but i think you are talking out of your a** here.

So we have a retard Tirpitz, but Kronshtadt is played by atleast unicum player?

There is no place for the Kron to overmatch Tirpitz armor. Yet, Tirpitz can overmatch ANY armor Kron has except his armored belt. You know 25mm all around, even deck. 381mm guns dont care for 25mm. So the only bow on part a Tirpitz wouldnt deal damage to is the turrets. And you base your arguement on that? While at the same time the Tirpitz is happily sailing broadside (ofc whatelse) and eating massive pendamage.

Whether you win a 1v1 engagement is often less decided on the ships meeting, but at the players facing each other.

Hindenburg vs Hindenburg in ranked, i dealt 56k damage to him because glue eater, he basicly wouldnt even touch me because he kept hammering my bow with AP :Smile_facepalm: He would have lost with HE aswell, but atleast he would have dealt SOME damage to me.

@ OP

Tirpitz isnt a battlecruiser, its a BB. Even tho Kron has guns to punish broadsides, still his guns wont overmatch anything important (Neptune/Mino Bow comes to mind, which all Cruisers cant overmatch except Henri IV). And Tirpitz guns can overmatch a lot of places on Cruisers which Kronshtadt cant do.

And high velocity flat arcs tend to overpen lots of stuff if the ship is fully broadside :fish_book:

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
12 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So we have a retard Tirpitz, but Kronshtadt is played by atleast unicum player?

He is just excited about the new toy he has bought with his parents' money.  Give him some time to get acquainted with it.

[STARS]
Players
369 posts

Kronshtadt has the perfect dispersion. Today, I fired at a battleship but instead sank the destroyer near it. The ship brings the term "dispersion" to a whole new level.

• Funny 1

[RO-RN]
Players
242 posts
5,130 battles

1vs1 tirpitz wipes the floor with kronstatd! also tirpitz is a battleship by all means! tipritz has better armor better guns, way better secondarys, torps and better aa. 1vs1 tirpitz wrecks any cruiser that doesnt have torpedeos and any battleship.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,436 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Animalul2012 sagte:

1vs1 tirpitz wipes the floor with kronstatd! also tirpitz is a battleship by all means! tipritz has better armor better guns, way better secondarys, torps and better aa. 1vs1 tirpitz wrecks any cruiser that doesnt have torpedeos and any battleship.

You wanna try that in a 1on1 in trainings room against my Kronshtadt? :Smile_trollface:

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

My thoughts exactly. The question then remains, is it worth 750 k free XP when you already have Tirpits? I find playing Tirpitz much more rewarding.

This is the only tier 9 premium I regret acquiring.

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
1 minute ago, G3Virus said:

What dont you get when I say I have BOTH ships? I have a fully secondary built Tirpitz with 19 point captain.

Having both ships with 19 points captains does not make you an expert on the subject. Using ship ownership as means to prove your expertise in the field is hilarious. Other, more experienced players than you have already reviewed both ships on YouTube in a countless number of videos and they support their statements better.

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
Just now, G3Virus said:

You dont even have the Kronshtadt  so your talking with ZERO experience, yea your credibility is non existent so why are you giving TS advice with no insight what so ever?

Well another Troll in the forum I guess.

Again, you try to defend your claims with ship ownership and insults. It only serves to prove what a pathetic person you truly are...

[STARS]
Players
369 posts
3 minutes ago, G3Virus said:

I did not start with any insults. I gave my option based on experience, you are just trolling everyone assuming no one is going to check your public profile where there is no Kronshtadt  and where your Tirpitz stats are below avrage.

And calling someone delusional that has no experience with the ship but think they have is the very definition of the word.

Take it as an insult if you want but thats not what it is.

Now you are angry that I have proven you lack logical thought. That is also the reason why you're wrongly claiming that I'm assuming there aren't simple minded people here trying to justify their cases by finding weaknesses in someones public profile. You're the living example of this, and yes you're the one who started with insults:

23 minutes ago, G3Virus said:

Well another Troll in the forum I guess

I'm glad I've proven you wrong!