Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mik1984

Harugumo

16 comments in this topic

[PMW]
[PMW]
Players
301 posts
12,242 battles

Any news on what is going to be the "legendary"/unique upgrade for Harugumo?

[PMW]
[PMW]
Players
301 posts
12,242 battles

Again,

any news on legendary upgrades for hagurumo and the other tier x British dd?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles
9 hours ago, Mik1984 said:

Again,

any news on legendary upgrades for hagurumo and the other tier x British dd?

Instead of asking the question many times, you can

1. Read patch notes (you won't miss introduction of the upgrade) and other news (you won't miss an announcement if they post one)

2. Read "some interesting info from around the world" thread - if there's some leak beforehand, someone will most likely post it there

3. Read other threads that appear on the Forum and seem to have something to do with the topic at hand. Since it's pretty obvious that when somebody has some news about legendary upgrades for these particular ships, there WILL be some discussion about them.

[PMW]
[PMW]
Players
301 posts
12,242 battles
On 9/28/2018 at 4:02 AM, eliastion said:

Instead of asking the question many times, you can

1. Read patch notes (you won't miss introduction of the upgrade) and other news (you won't miss an announcement if they post one)

2. Read "some interesting info from around the world" thread - if there's some leak beforehand, someone will most likely post it there

3. Read other threads that appear on the Forum and seem to have something to do with the topic at hand. Since it's pretty obvious that when somebody has some news about legendary upgrades for these particular ships, there WILL be some discussion about them.

I don't feel I have the time and stamina to continuously keep the "nose to the ground" in multiple places, I prefer to simply ask others who follow all news and updates more closely.

• Bad 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

It will be an upgrade that will give the Harugumo 50 mm of penetration on her HE shells, finally breaking of the first seal and beckoning the end of times.

In all honesty, I still find the 1/4 rule on the IJN 100 mms to be silly. How about we roll back the HE penetration of the Japanese destroyers to a more sensible 1/5 or even 1/6 and have the 1/4 rule 'unlockable' via the legendary upgrade?

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles

probably something like decrease rof but make it more mobile.

or anything that changes its playstyle slightly, but i dont think they would dare to give it more dakka

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles
4 hours ago, dasCKD said:

In all honesty, I still find the 1/4 rule on the IJN 100 mms to be silly. How about we roll back the HE penetration of the Japanese destroyers to a more sensible 1/5 or even 1/6 and have the 1/4 rule 'unlockable' via the legendary upgrade?

A t10 ship that only becomes playable with a legendary upgrade locked behind a long grind? How about no.

• Cool 2

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
5,794 battles

actually, the Akizuki was well playable at T10 with ist 100mm before the 1/4 rule - sure, IFHE skill was usefull !

as i guess, most 100mm Capts still use this skill..............................

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles
4 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

actually, the Akizuki was well playable at T10 with ist 100mm before the 1/4 rule - sure, IFHE skill was usefull !

as i guess, most 100mm Capts still use this skill..............................

You miss a couple facts, though.

1. Akizuki entering t10 was in a position of t8 ship in a t10 match. This means lower expectations while her firepower was still t10. If Akizuki managed to trade 1:1 against an enemy t10 DD, she was generating advantage for the allied team since it was a lower tier ship traded for higher tier one.

2. While Akizuki suffered from handling issues (especially speed), her concealment was actually competitive when meeting t10s. She didn't fall behind Gearing, Grozovoi and pre-buff Shima, she had advantage over Z-52. Shimakaze post-buff did have an advantage but the advantage was small enough that an aggressive Akizuki could actually hope to engage a careless Shima - and then the latter was in a world of hurt.

Now let's look at Harugumo. Concealment is horrendous. Forget about engaging Shimas that pay even modicum of attention. As for all other t10 DDs (save for Khaba that hardly qualifies as a DD) - they all have advantage over you. Yes, Harugumo has more DPM than Akizuki but the concealment coupled with even worse handling (torp susceptibility!) makes her much less effective at hunting DDs than the old Akizuki. On top of that, Harugumo is a t10 DD so just trading evenly with other t10s isn't advantageous anymore. Overall it means that Harugumo can't fit into the old Akizuki's shoes, play like her and be useful. Current Harugumo makes up for that by having much more firepower than the old Akizuki when she points her guns against things that are NOT destroyers. The old Akizuki didn't do all that much HE damage to higher tier BBs and cruisers - but she didn't have to do that to be viable. This is not the case for Harugumo.

There is a ship in Akizuki line that could be viable even without the improved HE penetration but that ship is not Harugumo - it's Kitakaze. Kitakaze is basically the old Akizuki on steroids - much superior speed and firepower increased by t9 module mean that, in my opinion, the ship would be viable at t9 even without super HE (although RN DDs might be worrying due to similar but more pronounced strengths - although I'll hold my judgement on that until I get the chance to play WoWs more post-patch since I didn't really get the chance to play these ships or even face them after full release). Anyway, for Kitakaze, yes, she could probably manage. Akizuki (after rolling back the nerfs too, of course) would remain a solid ship after 100mm HE pen rollback. But Harugumo is different. She really, REALLY needs that cruiser penetration because the price she pays for her firepower is much too steep to allow said firepower to be as unreliable as it would've been with normal (or even 1/5) penetration. Right now Harugumo is a very meh ship with one extreme advantage. She NEEDS that advantage to remain extreme - since that's what keeps the ship in question viable.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this