Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wilkinson87

New consumable for DDs

23 comments in this topic

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
179 posts
4,738 battles

Hello guys.I was thinking today about destroyers.Waning, this is an idea, so please leave your opinion here below.So, what if the DDs receives a consumable with a 2 time charge that provides a small amount of health regeneration field around the destroyer....Of cours need to be small with a bonus of each surrounding ships around the destroyer with a max limit of 3..if more ships in the area can reduce this health regen.Wonder how this will affect DDs team play.This is just an idea:)

[SKRUB]
Players
151 posts
13,155 battles

One ship had this consumable during hallowen event, but it was a BB...

But if it's for buff duo dd... Why ? 2 dds on the same spot is already an "advantage".

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles

Haha, it would be nice to get those camping BBs move up - "Want that heal? well come and get it!" :cat_cool:

I dont think it would hurt the game. Would be nice to have more mechanics, that encourage teamplay.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,782 posts
10,685 battles

I feel like it's a bit TOO arcade-y for the general population... and even if it was to appear, I don't feel like this is something that really suits destroyers. If anything, it sounds like a gimmick for a new BB line (weaker heals but with a bit of emanating effects) or something for cruisers (as the "utility ships" of WoWs).

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
179 posts
4,738 battles

This ca improve DDs team play.The amount of regen would be not that great, but an additional health always handy.reason for DDs cuz this force them to dont yolo die in the first 2 mins, this gives a way to care about the team.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,782 posts
10,685 battles
17 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

This ca improve DDs team play.The amount of regen would be not that great, but an additional health always handy.reason for DDs cuz this force them to dont yolo die in the first 2 mins, this gives a way to care about the team.

Actually, this argument is backwards. DDs are extremely valuable right now and losing some early on is a great detriment to the team due to their tactical importance (spotting, capping, torp threat) - if this doesn't stop them from dying early on, why would another team-boosting consumable? Your idea would make things worse - because the already very influential class would get even more influence, making it even harder to make up for bad/dead DDs.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
1 hour ago, vRedline said:

I’m sure the new Arms Race gamemode in the PTS has a this in it.

^THIS^

along with reload booster, and concealment booster

Players
733 posts
8,170 battles

The game as it is already proves to be too difficult for most of the playerbase let alone making it even more difficult with more consumables and what not.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,093 posts
11,657 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Haha, it would be nice to get those camping BBs move up - "Want that heal? well come and get it!" :cat_cool:

I dont think it would hurt the game. Would be nice to have more mechanics, that encourage teamplay.

What would actually happen is:

"DD come heal or I shoot you... COME HEAL NOW NOOB DD!!!11"

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

Players
365 posts
1,497 battles
32 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

I already get complaints when i do not smoke up bbs and now i have to heal them too  ?

19 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

Yep, exactly what I was imagining too. Probably from a BB captain running Survivability Expert.

[OCTO]
Players
637 posts
15,176 battles
47 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

And the right answer is" "I will, just need to tank a bit for Bismarck first...."

Damn BBabies ... :Smile_hiding:

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles

It's a no from me.

4 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

So you want DD's to forget about spotting, capping and preventing the push, to go and babysit BB's sitting at max range? Not the brightest of ideas. I would suggest helping to support the DD's  pushing the caps and trying to win the game for the team might be more beneficial than this. You know why they appear to yolo? Because they hope for support.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

How about NOOOOOOO....

Would be better if the DDs got heal from BBs. As in, BB gets a 'smoke request' button, then the DD that smokes him up gets heal.

So, if it is an A-hole camper BB the DD can just choose to let him die his well deserved death. Heheheh. :cap_like:

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles

a support mod like this sounds like it would make more sense on a cruiser a dd would sit to low in the water to make effective repairs on bb i would put it on CL's as an option to replace radar/smoke

both consumables would be highly wanted it would give an option to the player  

19 hours ago, Malfuss said:

It's a no from me.

So you want DD's to forget about spotting, capping and preventing the push, to go and babysit BB's sitting at max range? Not the brightest of ideas. I would suggest helping to support the DD's  pushing the caps and trying to win the game for the team might be more beneficial than this. You know why they appear to yolo? Because they hope for support.

lol DD's spotting next you will be telling my stories about the loch ness monster or mermaids, after all got better chance of that happening in game than a destroyer spotting

[NWP]
Players
1,771 posts
12,149 battles
5 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

lol DD's spotting next you will be telling my stories about the loch ness monster or mermaids, after all got better chance of that happening in game than a destroyer spotting

flat800x800075f.thumb.jpg.71c467499598b5ed5e8cfc7106b27174.jpg

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles
2 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

flat800x800075f.thumb.jpg.71c467499598b5ed5e8cfc7106b27174.jpg

dont know bout you but in 90% of games i play the dd's on both teams runs to cap smokes up nobody caps it has 2 dd's there 1 from each team, fire a few blind torps in the direction of smoke, nothing is spotted as you dont spot sh@t in smoke, then they complain when the smoke runs out that 2 cruisers suddenly appear and blap them.

this is the current meta from what i have seen and its real bad play from what i can tell

if only they had waited and just spotted for the 2 bb's waiting for targets then the cruisers wouldn't have been a issue

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,782 posts
10,685 battles
7 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

DDs do spotting even if they don't want to, the weaponry they have requires them to move up closer to the enemy than most ships and spotting happens naturally.

1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

dont know bout you but in 90% of games i play the dd's on both teams runs to cap smokes up

You might want to move up a tier a bit - at high tiers DDs smoking up in caps are a rare sight. Sitting immobile in cap (while advertising your general position via smoke) in a world full of torps and Radars is a suicide attempt and even potatoes have already learned that.

[NWP]
Players
1,771 posts
12,149 battles
2 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

dont know bout you but in 90% of games i play the dd's on both teams runs to cap smokes up nobody caps it has 2 dd's there 1 from each team, fire a few blind torps in the direction of smoke, nothing is spotted as you dont spot sh@t in smoke, then they complain when the smoke runs out that 2 cruisers suddenly appear and blap them.

this is the current meta from what i have seen and its real bad play from what i can tell

if only they had waited and just spotted for the 2 bb's waiting for targets then the cruisers wouldn't have been a issue

I hardly see such behaviour. Hence my Will Smith meme.

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
2 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

It is bad play but I hardly think it's 90%. Without it sounding like I'm trying to stick up for players like that, you don't know what's happening to them, maybe they were they spotted and dropped smoke to disengage, they're not going to sit there hoping some BB sat at the back is going to kill the cruisers before they get killed themselves. I've gone into caps before and had my backup disengage and not even fire a shot despite my spotting. 

I would suggest getting some experience in DD's above T5 so you can see for yourself what it's actually like.

44 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

I hardly see such behaviour. 

Exactly, very rarely do you get the idiot who sails into a cap and smokes without being spotted especially above T5.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,093 posts
11,657 battles
6 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

eJxXi5z.jpg

I do enjoy the 90% statistic pulled straight out of thin air though.

Perfect 5/7 post, my dude.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,325 battles
21 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Haha, it would be nice to get those camping BBs move up - "Want that heal? well come and get it!"

You forget that BB is master race, so DD has to go to them to heal or get reported :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this