Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_KriegWurst

CO-OP: Bots Vs Torps (A theory).

4 comments in this topic

Players
126 posts
6,714 battles

Apparently there have been recent changes to the way Bots react to torps in Co-Op mode. They seem to slip past your torps like leaves on the wind. 

However, I play Co-op mode for the first battle of every session (I take the Southern Dragon out for a spin to see if my Internet connection is going to let me play or just teleport me round the map for 5 mind before DCing) and I think I've noticed something. 

They only dodge the torps aimed at them. Like most half decent players, whenever possible I launch multipurpose torps that have a chance of hitting more than one ship. Recently it seems to be that the ship I have targeted changes course, but my secondary target just blunders into them. 

So my suggestion is that people target their chosen ship as usual but before launching torps switch target with the X key and then launch the torps at the original target. I'll be trying this out myself over the next week or so, but I'd be interested to hear if it works out for others as well. 

[CATS]
Players
17,812 posts
11,758 battles

Does not work.

Bots evade torpedos that get spotted. The later they are spotted, the harder it is for them to evade.

If they are spotted early, Bots are very good at evasion.

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles

Oh HECK OP! Thanks! Finally I understand what's going on. This is also a thing in Randoms. But only the other way around! It's not me blundering by sailing in a straight line and not paying attention thus having a fistful of torps rammed into my broadside! I'm that second ship all the time!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this