Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hayashio

Le Terrible and Jean Bart – French Duo

25 comments in this topic

[TSUN]
Community Contributor, Beta Tester
335 posts
6,244 battles

Le Terrible and Jean Bart – French Duo

I apologise for my absence to any readers, as you must be aware the Ranked Season is currently on, and when I am not busy getting my will to live sucked out of me by my team mates (no offense to any of them but ranked is truly soul crushing), I am otherwise involved with real life chores.
This weekend I did manage to get a few games in with these 2 French ships, and as such I’ve gone and compiled my experience here.

unknown.pngA few weeks back CCTs were given access to Le Terrible in the “Early Preview” format. I did a bit of theory crafting on that ship here.

Le Terrible is a bit of a novelty. She’s fast, yes, but other than that she doesn’t bring too much to the table. Her guns are okay, her torpedoes are… okay, and her survivability, well, considering her size you’d hope that she’d be healthy. If you play her for range, she’ll be very much like a Russian destroyer, but faster. Yes, indeed, Le Terrible can go 55kn with Sierra Mike and engine boost on. That is fast, though it was a bit anticlimactic, that is to say she didn’t rise to my expectations, when I first tried her. Perhaps thinking it’d push me into my seat or rip my face off was a bit of a far shot– it didn’t, which probably a good thing, now that I think about it. A video game ship detaching the front of my head would’ve been difficult to explain on the insurance form. So after I wiped away my tears of sheer disappointment, and had come to terms with my situation, I did notice that I was significantly faster than everyone else in my team! What a surprise. And if this game was about doing the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, or making the Tokyo express supply runs in just under one night, then I am sure this ship would’ve excelled, but due to unforeseen circumstances, that was not the case, and therefore this ship just lacked the “oompf” to really catapult it to something I’d have recommended. She isn’t a playmaker as her flexibility is lacking, and her current playstyle kind of shoehorns a player into only being a nuisance at best.
I’d like to interject though, that in case you are just in for the massive speed, then look no further, I highly doubt that we’ll be seeing anything like this (except maybe the non-premium counterpart) any time soon. Perhaps in the next test!
Jean Bart is probably the most fun I had in a Battleship since Scharnhorst. I’ve played a bit of Richelieu – both in testing as well as on the live (probably more so in testing), and I’ve found her to a bit of an improvement. Jean Bart has tons more secondaries, a better fire rate, and of course, AA. Her reload booster, which, call it gimmicky if you want, can indeed give her an edge in engagements, or in my case, ease the pain of French accuracy, since I get to try again, and again. And, again. Maybe I should play more battleship, sometimes I feel like it isn’t the ship’s fault.
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that she does best when she’s top tier (like no battleship before!). An almost perfect – then again, what truly is? - blend of guns and armour,
unknown.png to bully lower tier ships indiscriminately. Uptiered, not so much. 380mm won’t overmatch most armour at equal or higher tiers, while other BBs will feast on you and your terrible mistake – clicking the battle button past 10pm on a Wednesday night.
I’ll definitely be picking up one of these once they are out of testing, if it stays the way it is (and probably even if it changes, unless they changes are really drastic). I have really taken a liking to it.
Now I will say, both of these ships were still WiP when I tested them, so they can, and probably will change. I am curious to see what will come of it. Furthermore, I have a few boxes to give away, in this post, and next week’s review of Indianapolis, you’ll be able to pick up one of 2 contributor boxes, and/or 1 of 8 sets of subscriber camouflages!

In the above post, I have hidden a secret code word, that you will have to find and ASSEMBLE – well you don’t have to, but if you want to get something you can’t expect not to do anything in return. If you guess it correctly (although I do hope that you won’t guess, but actually un-jumble it in a controlled, logical manner), send me a PM with the code word. The first 5 people to answer correctly will be rewarded, 1 CCT box for the first one to get it, and 1 camouflage set for the 4 people in second place. You have time until next Wednesday!

• Cool 7

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,652 battles

Reading this post irritated my eyes, the size of the font is just too big to be read comfortably. And on mobile it's worse.

• Cool 1

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,244 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Reading this post irritated my eyes, the size of the font is just too big to be read comfortably. And on mobile it's worse.

Maybe my screen is a bit too big. I shall take that into account.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,652 battles
5 minutes ago, Strefs said:

Maybe my screen is a bit too big. I shall take that into account.

Most likely. Thanks for changing the font size, much more readable now.

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,244 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

Most likely. Thanks for changing the font size, much more readable now.

Yeah, I flashed it up on my phone and saw just how bad it was!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,759 posts
9,369 battles
14 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Found sekrit cod werd

ewgwgeee.jpg

I found conflicting info:

She isn’t a playmaker as her flexibility is lacking, and her current playstyle kind of shoehorns a player into only being a nuisance at best.
I’d like to interject though, that in case you are just in for the massive speed, then look no further, I highly doubt that we’ll be seeing anything like this

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,450 posts
9,504 battles

Nope, I'll never be a rocket scientist. Looked for clues, noted one or two possibles, got stuck and gave up. But hey, at least OP got me to read his article 30 times. Don't think I'll ever try this again, unless the code word is TIRED, because that's where my brain is at after a long days work.

• Funny 3

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,244 battles

Update: Okay, to make this easier, it is indeed a code word, but not a word in the classical sense. it is in fact made of multiple true words (for example: shoe, bird, etc.).  Should've made that more obvious. I hope this helps!

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,652 battles
9 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I give up. Good luck to whoever finds it :Smile_great:

This reminds me of my last D&D game, my players couldn't solve a simple riddle for over an hour. A riddle from a ready made adventure targeted at new players, and mine are veterans with university degrees.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,338 posts
10,816 battles

I'm like 69% sure the hidden code is "Hon Hon Hon".

13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This reminds me of my last D&D game, my players couldn't solve a simple riddle for over an hour. A riddle from a ready made adventure targeted at new players, and mine are veterans with university degrees.

They were probably overthinking it. Nothing quite like dismissing what seems to be the answer because it's too simple and the DM no doubt is a dastardly quizmaster thinking nothing but the most nefarious schemes!

Players
626 posts
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Were they playing as half-orc barbarians?:Smile_izmena:

Or have they got degrees in Humanities?:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,450 posts
9,504 battles

No thanks OP, harder than it looks and I'm clueless. I'm a practical kind of guy.

thumb_find-the-needle-in-a-haystack-solv

• Funny 4

Players
5,223 posts
6,350 battles

I spent like 10 minutes with this, before deciding that I'd humbly leave the riddle to smarter people people who haven't yet won a container.

I do feel though like there are false leads in it.

[SCRUB]
Players
728 posts
13,303 battles

Though I'm interested in cryptography and like solving puzzles, escape rooms, etc. after 2 hours of staring at this post I think I'll call it quits for now.. 

Good luck everyone 

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,652 battles
4 hours ago, Aotearas said:

They were probably overthinking it. Nothing quite like dismissing what seems to be the answer because it's too simple and the DM no doubt is a dastardly quizmaster thinking nothing but the most nefarious schemes!

It's worse than you think, they ignored it. Almost had to Deus Ex Machina the whole thing.

3 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Were they playing as half-orc barbarians?:Smile_izmena:

Or have they got degrees in Humanities?:Smile-_tongue:

Nope, neither is true. Most of them are solidly grounded in things like administration or IT.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,450 posts
9,504 battles
11 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I spent like 10 minutes with this, before deciding that I'd humbly leave the riddle to smarter people people who haven't yet won a container.

I do feel though like there are false leads in it.

I've hung around so many community contributor twitch streams, subscribed to channels, facebook pages, etc. in the hope of winning a cc container, but decided it was all in vain because many appeared to dish them out to friends and some guys boasted of being awarded containers on multiple occasions. One guy said he would opt out for a while in one particular event because he had already received 6. It was then I decided the system is flawed and the reward is simply not worth the excessive effort they're asking us to put in.

I work for a living, my game time is limited and if I sub I want to know the chances are fair, and I personally don't think they're fair at all. So I've removed all subs and just mostly given up. It's simply a carrot offered to the lucky few and overly hard riddles can be solved by the special few. Wo is me and my sad sack existence.

• Cool 1

Players
5,223 posts
6,350 battles
7 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I've hung around so many community contributor twitch streams, subscribed to channels, facebook pages, etc. in the hope of winning a cc container, but decided it was all in vain because many appeared to dish them out to friends and some guys boasted of being awarded containers on multiple occasions. One guy said he would opt out for a while in one particular event because he had already received 6. It was then I decided the system is flawed and the reward is simply not worth the excessive effort they're asking us to put in.

I work for a living, my game time is limited and if I sub I want to know the chances are fair, and I personally don't think they're fair at all. So I've removed all subs and just mostly given up. It's simply a carrot offered to the lucky few and overly hard riddles can be solved by the special few or the very lucky.

I can tell you, I'm no close friend of Strefs. I just was one to solve the last riddle on the ducks, which took me quite some time to figure out something rather simple. So, I'm pretty sure these riddles aren't rigged, though they might take a bit of time to solve. Good luck to all.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,722 posts
19,817 battles

well, as long there's no indicator marked as such , nor hint in what direction to think whatsoever, it could be anything.... comes right after the troll variant "what am i guessing".... njoy :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

Players
5,223 posts
6,350 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

well, as long there's no indicator marked as such , nor hint in what direction to think whatsoever, it could be anything.... comes right after the troll variant "what am i guessing".... njoy :Smile_popcorn:

Last time's method was pretty easy to figure out. Given first thing I did was running the same check again on the text, I got a single letter, which I consider strange, as I can understand that the key to solving it had to be changed, but giving a single letter still? I tried to analyse the text in other ways, but without success.

[SCRUB]
Players
728 posts
13,303 battles

Well, I don't think that OP will mind if I share what I saw. TBH I'm more interested in solving the problem than receiving a crate. 

Hint - citadel ribbon 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,722 posts
19,817 battles
1 hour ago, Freyr_90 said:

Well, I don't think that OP will mind if I share what I saw. TBH I'm more interested in solving the problem than receiving a crate. 

Hint - citadel ribbon 

dang u, ill play :D :/..... (not took even one closer look at that picture lol)...

- (for) french

- ease the pain of french accuracy

- play more bb's, feeling not ships fault

is where i am after a 1st runthrough

edit:

now like on "4x french ships", while only 3 are mentioned:

richelieu le terrible jean bart (scharnhorst)

...maybe later again :D

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,244 battles

I feel like everyone is over-complicating it a bit. I'll give you guys another hint: the code doesn't need to be derived from the clues, but is a combination of the words that can be found in the post.

Sign in to follow this