Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kenalb

bug?

12 comments in this topic

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,464 battles

I have noticed that some players seems to be able to jump several squares on the mini map, has anyone else noticed that, like this guy  i just played against,  he jumped 5 squares in the minimap

is that a known bug?  or am i missing something and how can my ship  miss spotting him when he is 3km from me in open sea no islands or anything, my secondary should have fired, but it didnt, and he sunk me in one shot. he had virtually no damage at all at the end of the game, witch ofcourse his team won. and this was ranked battle tier X. guessing he is extreemly skilled or he knows stuff about the game, stuff i would like to know too.

thanks

[SCRUB]
Players
5,469 posts
9,966 battles

Just guessing here - you have "last known position" on minimap enabled. When a ship isn't spotted, it's position won't be updated until it's visible again.

If that's not the case: Replay pls

[SCRUB]
Players
5,469 posts
9,966 battles
3 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

I dont' see any last positions on my minimap, yet sometimes the marker moves several klicks after initially spotting a target.

Crosshair clicks or map "sectors"? Sometimes a ship "speeds" (not visibly lagging) into view which seems to be caused by server lag.

But ships that are jumping across map sectors is something I've never seen.

Players
1,092 posts
Just now, aboomination said:

Crosshair clicks or map "sectors"? Sometimes a ship "speeds" (not visibly lagging) into view which seems to be caused by server lag.

I mean crosshair klicks (km's). Last time I spotted this 'phenomenon' I think yesterday, and the ship in question first appeared almost mid map on the minimap then zoomed almost half a map southwards. Gridwise it did not move horizontally, but vertically about I guess 3 lines at least.

• Funny 1

[CU]
Players
313 posts
3,518 battles
16 minutes ago, aboomination said:

That's a rather extreme case...nope, never seen anything like this...

Replays! :crab:

Yeah, never heard of anything like either of these before, replays needed.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

Maybe you find the mystical rubber ship, it can jump up to 5 km!

Players
1,633 posts
4,216 battles
41 minutes ago, kenalb said:

I have noticed that some players seems to be able to jump several squares on the mini map, has anyone else noticed that, like this guy  i just played against,  he jumped 5 squares in the minimap

is that a known bug?  or am i missing something and how can my ship  miss spotting him when he is 3km from me in open sea no islands or anything, my secondary should have fired, but it didnt, and he sunk me in one shot. he had virtually no damage at all at the end of the game, witch ofcourse his team won. and this was ranked battle tier X. guessing he is extreemly skilled or he knows stuff about the game, stuff i would like to know too.

thanks

If I had to guess, sounds like a couple of things...

First of all, there IS a map bug that may just be caused by lower-power computers (I know mine's fairly potato-level) wherein the 'last known position' marker will flash red before the map updates with the enemy ship's new position.

Secondly, there's this actual phenominon to do with our brains, I forget what it's called, but it's the same thing as when you look at a clock and the second hand appears to be stuck in position for longer than a second - it's basically just our brains trying to process the new visual information and suffering a 'lag spike' if you will.

My theory is you suffered this same 'lag spike' at the exact moment that map bug happened, causing the enemy ship to appear to be in one place and then magically jump to another.

It's just a theory, though, a game theory! so we'd probably need to see the replay file to work out exactly what had happened...

• Cool 1

Players
483 posts
1,749 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

First of all, there IS a map bug that may just be caused by lower-power computers (I know mine's fairly potato-level) wherein the 'last known position' marker will flash red before the map updates with the enemy ship's new position.

Yes, I've seen this a lot.

Also, sometimes when a ship or squadron is first spotted, its marker will appear in one spot – often a corner – of my minimap before 'jumping' to its true position. I've noticed it, but to be honest never really minded it. I've only once suffered a negative consequence because of it – I thought the enemy Graf Spee was somewhere it wasn't, and got citadelled in my Emerald as a result – but that was at least 50% down to me not paying sufficient attention to the whole minimap.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this