Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PaxMaggie

Pink Bots

17 comments in this topic

Players
132 posts
5,891 battles

I made this post to thank WG for their dedication in reproducing real Players behavior in their Coop bots, this made my day so far. Thank You

lg maggie

Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 17.19.48.37.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 17.16.27.74.png

ps: i did not drive into the torps, but i also did nothing to avoid them^^

• Funny 4

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,011 battles
34 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

I made this post to thank WG for their dedication in reproducing real Players behavior in their Coop bots,

What did you expect? How should they ever learn that torping allies has consequences when they only go pink and get limited to coop.

Players
883 posts
7,291 battles

I had the same thing happen. I was engaged in a BB vs BB melee, and this"friendly" bot DD charges from behind an island. Two torps into my side, and I really didn't steer into them.

WG, please note: this is how you get Skynet.

• Cool 1

Players
59 posts
2,334 battles

Yeah, I've noticed Pink Bots in Coop as well... seen destroyers sitting in the spawn without moving (being pink), doing nothing until the enemy draws close, then they pop smoke and spam torpedoes. :Smile_facepalm:

Players
132 posts
5,891 battles
1 hour ago, Caurinus said:

Yeah, I've noticed Pink Bots in Coop as well... seen destroyers sitting in the spawn without moving (being pink), doing nothing until the enemy draws close, then they pop smoke and spam torpedoes. :Smile_facepalm:

are you sure that are bots? usually bots charge straight at you

Players
59 posts
2,334 battles
25 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

are you sure that are bots? usually bots charge straight at you

Perhaps I should have clarified that these pink ships were on the human side and not the enemy bot team that you usually meet in Coop.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
560 posts
3,223 battles
2 hours ago, Riselotte said:

What did you expect? How should they ever learn that torping allies has consequences when they only go pink and get limited to coop.

Que? I got pink a couple of times but never was I restricted to only co-op. Wth do you need to do to get such restriction? 

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles

Once had a grand stand view of a bot Kaga team killing one of his own cruisers after doing a drop on my Bertin while the cruiser was on the other side.

Was so funny that it almost made up for him sinking me.

Players
382 posts

Had a couple of bots manage to turn pink apparently by how determined they were to ram each other. One of them might have shot the other though as I think only one was taking reflected-damage, so something had unbalanced it. Main danger of friendly fire in a Battleship Brawl seems to be the carriers though as those bots don't care how close together the brawlers are, they are going to drop those torpedoes!

Players
590 posts

I'm disappointed. I was expecting pink bottoms in this thread...

Teamkillers that get least XP in battles.:Smile_trollface:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,762 posts
10,656 battles
1 hour ago, Linkaex said:

Que? I got pink a couple of times but never was I restricted to only co-op. Wth do you need to do to get such restriction?

Since there's a serious question, I'll depart from the tone of this thread and provide an appropriately serious answer.

To get a coop restriction you need to not be pink but rather orange. It's the next step after being pink - I think you can get that if you plant a spread of torps into an ally while already pink (I'd say "kill someone again" but when you're pink, the damage starts being reflected). If once isn't enough then doing it yet again should do the trick for sure :Smile-_tongue:

Basically, pink is a warning, orange - an actual penalty for repeated offense.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,672 battles

I'm waiting for the day that bot is coming to complain here on the Forum how awfully bad his fellow bots or even worse: the human players are by sailing straight into his second line fired torpspread while he warned us so hard!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
9 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm waiting for the day that bot is coming to complain here on the Forum how awfully bad his fellow bots or even worse: the human players are by sailing straight into his second line fired torpspread while he warned us so hard!

You know, I had intended to make a troll account using the bot naming convention :InsertNavalCommanderName:, only playing CoOp and eventually coming on to the forum ... but WG sunk that boat before I could lay down the keel ... no ":" allowed in nicknames.

Image the disappointment when that idea sunk in the depths of grim reality.

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,672 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

You know, I had intended to make a troll account using the bot naming convention :InsertNavalCommanderName:, only playing CoOp and eventually coming on to the forum ... but WG sunk that boat before I could lay down the keel ... no ":" allowed in nicknames.

Image the disappointment when that idea sunk in the depths of grim reality.

OK: nobody's allowed to read this except @Aotearas, you her me now!? OK: make a troll account with ;InsertnavelCommanderName; Nobody will notice the difference. Especially now I made sure this is a well kept secret!

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
957 posts
9,499 battles

I did not read that at all.

I think its a very good idea

Back on topic though, perhaps WG in their infinite wisdom has coded the bots to play like the average player so that new people learning ships on co-op will know what to expect from their own team :cap_hmm:

Sign in to follow this