Jump to content
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
io_pilot

Royal Navy Arc

140 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,430 battles
Quote

The rules are simpler than they might initially seem:

 

 

Yeh I think WG's definition of simple differs to mine.

 

Interesting though, chance to almost get a free Cossack and get into the new DD line.

 

I am presuming we can just buy these containers and the Cossack for those that don't have as much time? 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,061 posts
5,823 battles

Looks promising; do we happen to know when it goes live - next week, perhaps?

 

Presents a bit of a dilemma for the WOT players: there's a grind for a freebie T8 premium going on at roughly the same time, I think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,430 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Presents a bit of a dilemma for the WOT players: there's a grind for a freebie T8 premium going on at roughly the same time, I think...

 

Yep, hence my buying containers question. Have to balance up what I can grind with what I can spend. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,061 posts
5,823 battles
1 minute ago, tajj7 said:

 

Yep, hence my buying containers question. Have to balance up what I can grind with what I can spend. 

If the RN thing starts next week (or later), I'm thinking I'll do the earlier easy stages for the Caern AX (which allegedly start on Friday), and buy tokens to finish, once the RN event kicks in...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,233 posts

I see only one strange point: the event goes from 0.7.9 to 0.7.11., but Sovereigns can only be used with 0.7.10., not in 0.7.11. ...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If the RN thing starts next week (or later), I'm thinking I'll do the earlier easy stages for the Caern AX (which allegedly start on Friday), and buy tokens to finish, once the RN event kicks in...

Yeh knowing when this starts would be helpful, think the Caernarvon X marathon missions are already showing up in game if you want to see the start date.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIRAI]
Players
1,120 posts
9,872 battles
15 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I see only one strange point: the event goes from 0.7.9 to 0.7.11., but Sovereigns can only be used with 0.7.10., not in 0.7.11. ...

I think this is a typo, in the next section it says the other new currency is valid until 0.7.12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,233 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Tyrendian89 sagte:

did I miss something

it seems it got lost on the English page, the German version says it...every fullfilled directive will give you one Guineas, so the max 48 you can earn as mentioned for the Cossack

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,989 posts
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

except how to get Guineas?

Premium shop. You can't earn them IIRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,233 posts
Gerade eben, MrFingers sagte:

Premium shop. You can't earn them IIRC

Zitat

Another new arrival in the Arsenal is the Tier VIII premium destroyer Cossack, available for 50 Guineas. In the course of three updates it’s possible to receive a significant discount for the destroyer—participation in the Royal Navy event can get you up to 48 Guineas. Once you have them, you only have to buy a few more Guineas from the Premium Shop and that Tier VIII destroyer is yours!

edit: should have been added to my previous post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSW]
Players
3,782 posts
7,726 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

it seems it got lost on the English page, the German version says it...every fullfilled directive will give you one Guineas, so the max 48 you can earn as mentioned for the Cossack

to slightly modify a "joke" a friend of mine keeps making...

 

The "C" in Wargaming stands for "Competence", right? :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
329 posts
1,465 battles
37 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I see only one strange point: the event goes from 0.7.9 to 0.7.11., but Sovereigns can only be used with 0.7.10., not in 0.7.11. ...

Yes, this struck me as odd too. I wonder if @MrConway or @Crysantos might be able to clarify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,375 posts
15,503 battles
2 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Yes, this struck me as odd too. I wonder if @MrConway or @Crysantos might be able to clarify?

 

Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will become available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits.

 

Maybe they mean 0.7.12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
892 posts
4,131 battles

I think it's a well-structured campaign and while it's slightly annoying to have more new currencies specific to an event, I'm impressed that doubloons will be given for purchases of premium ships you already own. Exchanging 200 sovereigns for 4,500 doubloons (if you already own the Gallant) is rather tempting and 6,500 doubloons for 220 sovereigns (Warspite) seems quite generous. Guess it depends on how many sovereigns it's possible to earn from the event.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIRAI]
Players
1,120 posts
9,872 battles
1 minute ago, Strappster said:

I think it's a well-structured campaign and while it's slightly annoying to have more new currencies specific to an event, I'm impressed that doubloons will be given for purchases of premium ships you already own. Exchanging 200 sovereigns for 4,500 doubloons (if you already own the Gallant) is rather tempting and 6,500 doubloons for 220 sovereigns (Warspite) seems quite generous. Guess it depends on how many sovereigns it's possible to earn from the event.

 

If the article ist correct (...) you get five per mission. Three updates * four stages * four directives * five-seven missions would mean 1200 to 1680 sovereigns (which seems rather many to me).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,204 posts
8,875 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

did I miss something, or did they tell us pretty much everything except how to get Guineas?

 

"participation in the Royal Navy event can get you up to 48 Guineas. Once you have them, you only have to buy a few more Guineas from the Premium Shop and that Tier VIII destroyer is yours!"

 

They are rewards for completing the Directives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,233 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, FallenOrchid sagte:

If the article ist correct (...) you get five per mission.

but it does not say that every mission gives you one container

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Looks promising; do we happen to know when it goes live - next week, perhaps?

 

Presents a bit of a dilemma for the WOT players: there's a grind for a freebie T8 premium going on at roughly the same time, I think...

Cent X is a 10 day marathon no? Isn't the RN event 3 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,255 posts
11,681 battles
22 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Yes, this struck me as odd too. I wonder if @MrConway or @Crysantos might be able to clarify?

You can obtain said Sovereigns from update 0.7.9 on and also use them immediately. At the end of the arc they'll be automatically exchanged for credits, like at the end of any other event. We're fixing this confusing mention of Update 0.7.10, sorry about that.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×