You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Possible strange/unusual behavior of "Premium Shop" - I bought already owned "Smith" & "Tachibana Lima" very cheaply but there was no compensation (whatever small)...

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,973 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

As you all recall there was a change in WG policy regarding buying of already owned "Premium" ships in June 2018 and v0.7.6 of WoWs.

We even had this thread on form about it:

And in it @MrConway stated the following:

On 6/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, MrConway said:

Now on to a more serious note, after some internal discussion we have decided how to proceed from this point.

First of all we would like to clarify the situation with premium ship doubloon compensation, as it has been causing some unintended confusion. It’s true that for a long period of time we have been offering full doubloon compensation for most cases where you bought a package containing a ship that you already owned on your account. This included packages which were discounted. However, we’ve recently noticed that a portion of our players have been using these mechanics to purchase discounted doubloons – a procedure we had not intended, but which we had tolerated until it reached a certain scale. Experience and data has shown that we cannot keep these mechanics, as well as keep offering packages with significant discounts. This prompted us to request changes from our Premium Shop team, which would alter the compensation for all ships to correspond to the actual cost of the content at the time of purchase (i.e. to compensate players who intentionally bought packages containing a ship they already owned with the discounted value of that ship). Unfortunately, while we had initially planned to implement these changes at a later date, they were applied to the shop in early May, catching everyone off guard.

We sincerely apologize for having failed to inform you about this change ahead of time. We do understand that while compensation amounts are not directly regulated, when a system behaves a certain way for a long period of time it contributes to creating habits and informing purchase decisions.

To that end, we would like to inform you that shortly after the release of update 0.7.6 we will compensate everyone who purchased discounted packages and received compensation for the ships therein, with the difference in doubloon value they missed out on. This will apply to all purchases made between May 1st and the release of update 0.7.6. - we are aiming at delivering this compensation during the first week of July.

At the same time, together with that update, these new compensation mechanics will be formalized and fully come into force, applying to all discounted packages going forward. This change will be stated in the update notes.

To prevent further confusion and remain transparent about the value you are getting, from that moment on we will also list all compensation values for Premium Shop content in all package descriptions, regardless of whether they are discounted or not. We will also update our Terms of Service to make sure they are not ambiguous about which content is compensated, when that compensation applies and which currency will be transferred to your accounts. 

We’re committed to improving communications and transparency, as well as maintaining a level playing field between regional communities. This yet again shows us how far we still have to go, but we sincerely hope you’ll all stay with us and guide us along the way.

Yesterday I decided to test the new system by buying the inexpensive "Smith" and "Tachibana Lima" that I already had (they were around 0.80 Euros each) via "Personal Offer" in the "Premium Shop".

My observations:

Although @MrConway stated:

we will also list all compensation values for Premium Shop content in all package descriptions, regardless of whether they are discounted or not

I never saw anything about the above mentioned in "Premium Shop" when I was re-buying my already owned "Smith" and "Tachibana Lima".

I didn't get a single Doubloon back - I only got Port Slot  and 0 point Captain.

So... something is still not OK in "Premium Shop" regarding this... :Smile_hiding:

Can you guys please check this out (@MrConway) ! :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,157 battles

I don't see your problem.

It's in the description of the packs (for Tachibana Lima and Smith) that you get nothing if you already have the ship.

Don't let greed blind you, read what you are buying.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,973 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

32 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

I don't see your problem.

It's in the description of the packs (for Tachibana Lima and Smith) that you get nothing if you already have the ship.

Don't let greed blind you, read what you are buying.

Where does it say that? :Smile_amazed:

Here are screens for "Texas" (which I also alreday have) as "Personal Offer" as I see it in my "Premium Shop" when I am logged in:

zMjpBdz.jpg

FMnlAYb.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I see it now... you have to go into "Details":

dxEhReN.jpg

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,157 battles
22 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I never saw anything about the above mentioned in "Premium Shop" when I was re-buying my already owned "Smith" and "Tachibana Lima".

You never said anything about texas. You mentioned these ships. These ships both have  'If you already have this ship in your Port, you will not receive any compensation for her.' in their descriptions.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,973 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

18 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

You never said anything about texas. You mentioned these ships. These ships both have  'If you already have this ship in your Port, you will not receive any compensation for her.' in their descriptions.

I used "Texas" only as example (i.e. similar case to "Smith" and "Tachibana Lima"...

BTW, I see what is the "problem" now:

On main screen there is just price:

zMjpBdz.jpg

On purchase screen there is just price:

FMnlAYb.jpg

Only on "Details" screen there is mention of compensation:

dxEhReN.jpg

All is clear now... although some warning for buyers might be prudent on other screens as well (i.e. not just in "Details")...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I got 2x Port Slots - that was my original intention... :Smile_glasses:

[MIRAI]
Players
1,120 posts
9,870 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

I assume he picked Texas because he cannot see the two ships in the shop anymore after buying them.

For Smith I can see in the details that no refund will be received if I already have the ship in my port.

[PMI]
Players
2,302 posts
5,457 battles

Reading is overrated nowadays, texas and the other two "is not the same case", both tachi and smih state that if you already own the ship, you get no compensation.

As said, try reading next time.

[ETD5]
Players
260 posts
1,602 battles

As I've not purchased it, I can show how it appears on the premium shop @Leo_Apollo11

image.thumb.png.d1dcd7a45b36fdde0f7d18c3537b66d6.png

You only get the port slot and nothing else.

Edited by Vlad_Vado
typo

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,157 battles
54 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I used "Texas" only as example (i.e. similar case to "Smith" and "Tachibana Lima"...

Oh I see. They are not similar in this regard, both of those ships give nothing if they are already in your port (my guess is because they are roughly at the same price as a port slot.

Always go into details and read what the thing you are buying is about. It's a good practice, not strictly for WoWs.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles
20 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

BTW, I see what is the "problem" now:

On main screen there is just price:

zMjpBdz.jpg

On purchase screen there is just price:

FMnlAYb.jpg

Only on "Details" screen there is mention of compensation:

dxEhReN.jpg

All is clear now... although some warning for buyers might be prudent on other screens as well (i.e. not just in "Details")...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I got 2x Port Slots - that was my original intention... :Smile_glasses:

The Texas personal offer could be clearer, but for the small 1$ offers we clearly said there would not be any compensation.

It would be hard to do anything in any case, as the port slot is already technically "worth" 1$ ;)