Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Skill rework incoming?

10 comments in this topic

Players
2,339 posts
6,671 battles

So with the carrier rework getting so much attention (perhaps along with the debatable radar debate), I've seen little mention about the skills that are undoubtable gonna get reworked as some of the currect skills might make little sense anymore once the carrier rework is done.

Is it likely that some of the other skills will also get reworked?

It would make sense to do so, since they will already be busy tweaking skills. Perhaps they will change CE or IFHE?

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,216 battles

The skills that impact AAA should also change according to what Sub_Octavian said during the CV rework stream, so BFT, AFT and MCAA have a high chance to be modified at least.

But we now have zero information indicating that they have planned to change other skills.

Players
243 posts
2,320 battles
7 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

The skills that impact AAA should also change according to what Sub_Octavian said during the CV rework stream, so BFT, AFT and MCAA have a high chance to be modified at least.

But we now have zero information indicating that they have planned to change other skills.

Most of the plane based skills and upgrades will change too. I don't see how extra fighter HP or rear gunner damage is going to be especially useful with the changes.

[-HUN-]
Players
733 posts
8,303 battles

Everything is going to change. The whole game. So it is unnecessary to talk about just the skills. That's why I don't believe in this carrier rework. It needs months of work just to come up with the ideas for the things they need to change after this. And months again for the tests. If they stick to this gameplay it could even be a year until it is released. But hopefully they'll realise how f*cked up it is.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

There will have to be a fairly extensive Captain skills re-work if the CV changes happen like the demo. 

I can't see most of the CV centric ones being of use and the AA ones will be heavily invalidated.

Players
2,339 posts
6,671 battles
8 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

True. But I had hoped I had perhaps overlooked something.

38 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Everything is going to change. The whole game. So it is unnecessary to talk about just the skills. That's why I don't believe in this carrier rework. It needs months of work just to come up with the ideas for the things they need to change after this. And months again for the tests. If they stick to this gameplay it could even be a year until it is released. But hopefully they'll realise how f*cked up it is.

It is something completely new. Frankly I'd prefer the RTS gamestyle, but I can see why something has to be done about the impact of them on the game as a whole.

I'd probably like the new gameplay in some way. Would I like it more? I dunno. It seemed more like a flightsim and only one squadron in total..

I think I might grow to like it.

12 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

There will have to be a fairly extensive Captain skills re-work if the CV changes happen like the demo. 

I can't see most of the CV centric ones being of use and the AA ones will be heavily invalidated.

In the video (which is prelimenary, so stuff can change blah bla), they mentioned having your AA concentrated on one side. Other then it not being a gameplay element that is for me, if 2 carriers could be in the same division it would mean they could coordinate attacks on both side simultaneously.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't the rework be most benefitial for DDs?

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,611 posts
5,167 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

....., they mentioned having your AA concentrated on one side......

Personally I think that is a bit daft - a ships AA is in 2 hemispheres, fair enough, but they are distinct from each other and subject to firing arcs in a similar way to main batteries etc. But for AA not much directly ahead or behind.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
17 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Now that I think of it, wouldn't the rework be most benefitial for DDs?

As a DD player I admit I'm very concerned how this rework will happen as a squadron loitering, attacking, forcing Damage Control then attacking again and again looks every bit if not more deadly than the current mess.

That being said the very significant risk of being perma-spotted and torpedoes being useless as they're spotted very early may be mitigated somewhat.

We shall have to see as the demo was far from end state and just a concept model so I'm not going to get upset or excited about it.

Captain skills will need a significant rework and rethink, plus some if not all of the surface ships will need AA values and functions to be changed, far from a small task.

• Cool 1

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles

i would have thought with such a big rework/change i can see all captain skills being reset, though knowing WG they would probably just give you the changed skill then say if you dont want it you can change it for just 50 doubloons  

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

The problem with rebalancing ifhe, is that you would also need to rebalance all the ships that are balanced around ifhe. Lots of work

Sign in to follow this