You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Scipio_Africanus1829

Battle Chat

36 comments in this topic

Players
315 posts
4,829 battles

This has happened to me 2 times in the last 24hrs.

I am the last man standing 10min into the game. Two of the players then start to insult me IE: What the f..k are you doing, and so on for the rest of the game.

So why not disable the chat for sunken ships.

Results of my last game 3CVs sunk 1BB 2CAs

Capture 2.PNG

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

Either ignore them or question yourself what you could have done better.

When you are sure of your actions, their words cannot bother you.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

Considering how hard it is to fail the Aegis scenario I'd take a wild guess and say their comments weren't entirely disproportionate. On the other hand they should probably ask themselves the same question because really, how do people fail Aegis?

• Funny 3

Players
333 posts
1,465 battles

To be fair sunk players can still provide useful info in chat to surviving team mates – e.g. 'That DD had x HP remaining when last spotted' etc. So I wouldn't want it automatically disabled. I've also had fun, friendly chats with sunk players on both teams before now, and would like to keep that possibility.

If players (afloat or otherwise) are raging with no good reason, I'd just ignore it, and if it's really impossible to filter out, block them.

Unbelievably, it's been a while since anyone raged at me in chat. But times I remember, they had a point. But I'm not suggesting that that's the case here, as I simply have no way of knowing.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,292 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Considering how hard it is to fail the Aegis scenario I'd take a wild guess and say their comments weren't entirely disproportionate. On the other hand they should probably ask themselves the same question because really, how do people fail Aegis?

Well Ao, from experience... Aegis is easily lost without any decent player to help out. I did 250k damage a few days ago, only managed 2 stars.

One of the big contributers in my opinion is that any BB player in this operation seems adament that moving south and staying south is the best option...

Also, when looking up stats of allies in operations, I find that generally, the mode is played by those that have sub 45% winrates in random (and something like 20k average damage).

We need to have an easy and hard mode. Only problem I see is that those "bad" players won't acknowledge they are bad and will queue up for the hard mode regardless, so that might negate the whole thing.

On Topic: Just mute them. I hope WoWs doesn't go the way WoT has gone with no battle chat with the enemy for example.

I want to scream "traitor" if there is a clanmate in the opposite team. Or banter with people I know. Same goes for after I die. Too bad things like humor, sarcasm and banter in chat with someone you know is often misunderstood by the ... lets say.... less intelligent part of the playerbase, hence they start ranting and reporting.

Yes, Aholes in chat are annoying, but the advantages are there as well. A dead player can easily help checking things across the map (like hitpoints and how a battle is going). Or to warn the remaining players about whatever.

Lastly... I'd say if someone experiences being yelled at for being bad every single game.... well... maybe they have a point? Not saying this is the case here, seems you did quite well in the pensa, so I'd say simply ignore them and move on (or mute them). I could add the old saying: "this is the internet".

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,652 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Remember that I once did over 400 k damage - which was way more than the rest of them combined. Now the real shocker is ..... this wasnt a bad team. Not by any stretch of immagination ..... I have seen SO MUCH WORSE!  They/some listened, tried and ofc I was there to farm the bots. -> 5 stars.

However, if you get the bots, fucktards, the parasites, the cowards etc ...... then you are crap out of luck. There is a reason the star-rate goes up significantly with 2 players because then you CAN be in 2 places at once. Ofc you can exchange fucktards for Scrubs at a 2:1 ratio WHILE the question is only >Do we get 4 or 5 stars?< - with only 4 guys doing this.

I had nights were I played like 8 ops and won ............ one - with ofc. 1-3 stars. Oh and those 0 star wins are real too, they literally feel like a defeat.

I will give you another example: In Anal Cherry I remember that game with ~ 80 spotted torps. Cant remember if it was a hydro ship or not. Yet the [edited] camping BEHIND ME died to torps and it was a 4 star victory. How the [edited]are you supposed to carry that? 

Killer of Braincells is even worse because without being allowed to teamkill and without any way to do so there is sometimes no way of winning this  ops ....... at all.

Stuff like this really haunts me: On Narai the Missouri rammed 3! of the tansports before dying, 3! - and we had 3 german torp armed BB (all 3 not afk) and I told them to torp it and that they cant take citadels - in vain ofc. Of all the fucktards only I in a shitty Shores war pouring AP into the Missouris SS. You simply cant out influence those concious sabotage efforts ...

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
1 hour ago, Loran_Battle said:

*snip*

21 minutes ago, havaduck said:

*snip*

Yeah, I know people can be bad, but that's still enough to complete scenarios, just with less than 5 stars. But actually, properly losing one outright? That takes effort!

And Aegis is so easy to complete (and even easier to farm hilarious amounts of damage and thus pretty good XP and credits) that I'm genuinely amazed it hasn't already gotten Narai'ed.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,652 posts
9,477 battles
30 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

But actually, properly losing one outright? That takes effort!

I have definitely lost a solid amount. I remember going to co-op because there I can easily outfarm the ~4xx xp I am getting + in ops loosing and using premium repair can present you with an open bill, which means I can grind both more xp AND more creds in co-op. Yeah, I did say that.

Now I dare say I do pull my weight in ops, even factually as 4 man div. of Scrubs is usually able to accomplish any ops - thus counting 2x. So yeah with me being there representing player 7 and 8 ....... and its just not doable.

I still remember when we played Raptor - and we were steamrolling  and counter attacking the bots all over the map so hard, we discovered that you can trigger and intercept additional ships in that ops - which most probably dont know off ...... for additional farming. :Smile_hiding:

A lot is really just down to not camp ineffectively. Lets say I attack 6 ships. Killing all of them takes x amount of time and I will loose 3/4 my health at least. Means the next time I try to attack something I will be the final effort because of just getting just focused down.

OR: I have 3 players with me, maybe not the best but trying, using the fire I draw to shoot unmolested at the ships. Being close means they actually hit stuff and actually do damage and earn rewards for themselves. If each just kills/heavily damages one ship, this whole thing will be done much faster and I loose maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of my health - means I can go ham to 1 or even 2 more time/s and then still might be alive for a last deathrun on something if needed. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles

(1) Cleared the entire wave alone

shot-18.09.10_20.53.32-0972.jpg

(2) Cleared my side of the convoy

shot-18.09.10_20.55.23-0937.jpg

(3) Had to face both CV without backup and the possibility to smoke because I was too far away for hydro

shot-18.09.10_20.56.52-0215.jpg

(4) Dive bombers killed engine and rudder, so I had to use dmg con and received a flooding from an unintentional cross drop afterwards

shot-18.09.10_20.57.43-0339.jpg

(5) All that's left is to ping the important target and wish those parasites good luck

shot-18.09.10_20.57.52-0142.jpg

(6) DD got killed and the CV survived (those two BB didn't get a sea star (= own ship's hp dealt as dmg) but an "universal seaman" award)

shot-18.09.10_21.03.21-0348.jpg

(7) Did I rage? No - I blamed myself for not dodging properly. I'm at a point where only good players surprise me anymore.

shot-18.09.10_21.03.18-0038.jpg

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
3 minutes ago, aboomination said:

(those two BB didn't get a sea star (= own ship's hp dealt as dmg) but an "universal seaman" awar

Most of the BBs i see lately dont get that :cap_fainting:

Today and yesterday

Spoiler

shot-18_09.10_22_11.15-0796.thumb.jpg.814dcd25aa6f1924a9a25b9df80be287.jpgshot-18_09.08_22_43.30-0597.thumb.jpg.c0517c0a08f09a8c82ade218482a58cd.jpgshot-18_09.08_22_26.53-0991.thumb.jpg.df0fa557efd2ec3280470fab6ed3c368.jpgshot-18_09.10_22_11.04-0729.thumb.jpg.1c362326d8e71f33d9607d3e6910da81.jpg

NO BB that survived got it out of 4 matches. (myself excluded ofc lol)

Ppl get worse every [edited]day in this game, to a point where its not funny anymore...

2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Yeah, I know people can be bad, but that's still enough to complete scenarios, just with less than 5 stars. But actually, properly losing one outright? That takes effort!

Pff, I get those :etc_swear: all the time. Basicly they dont shoot and hide behind Islands. So we are basicly only 2 ppl at times, and when one is unlucky (BB bad RNG / permafires and such) then you can screw it.

Lost Aegie several times because ppl are just too stupid to click their mousebutton. Also 3 DDs who die in the first 4 mins torping all ships hitting none and making them turn in so to get fucked even more :cap_fainting:

Players
34 posts
9,708 battles

Try ur best to ignore them players, I made the mistake of firing back at a guy that yoloed died started flaming everyone then turned to me insulted me and my clan, (it was when he started insulting my clan I lost it) I'm currently enjoying a chat ban, (sarcasm) what I should have done was reported chat abuse then sent in a screen shot or replay viva ticket, biggest mistake I made was dropping to his level, never again 

• Cool 1

Players
315 posts
4,829 battles
11 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

question yourself what you could have done better.

So standing alone after 10min and sinking six ship and downing 40 aircraft.

Maybe you can give me some advice as to what I could have done better. I am always open to good advice.

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles
12 hours ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

This has happened to me 2 times in the last 24hrs.

I am the last man standing 10min into the game. Two of the players then start to insult me IE: What the f..k are you doing, and so on for the rest of the game.

So why not disable the chat for sunken ships.

Results of my last game 3CVs sunk 1BB 2CAs

Capture 2.PNG

impressive good damage in a pensa however 3 cv's dam man you broke the game or team killed as far as i am aware 2 cv's each side max.

makes me question if photo shopped :Smile_hiding: even in a operation, but seriously you should listen to the dead ships shift and looking round the battle you can actually direct fire on ships letting them know from a in close view how far off they are, and warning them from lerking dd's 

• Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,760 posts
10,656 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

impressive good damage in a pensa however 3 cv's dam man you broke the game or team killed as far as i am aware 2 cv's each side max.

makes me question if photo shopped :Smile_hiding: even in a operation, but seriously you should listen to the dead ships shift and looking round the battle you can actually direct fire on ships letting them know from a in close view how far off they are, and warning them from lerking dd's 

It's an Operation, not a Ranked Battle, there are no restrictions on how many CVs can be in the enemy team, they are inserted there manually by the devs anyway. In fact, if you look carefully at the previous screenshots, you'll even notice that there's a secondary objective to kill 3 carriers.

• Cool 1

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,483 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

It's an Operation, not a Ranked Battle, there are no restrictions on how many CVs can be in the enemy team, they are inserted there manually by the devs anyway. In fact, if you look carefully at the previous screenshots, you'll even notice that there's a secondary objective to kill 3 carriers.

my bad not player operations in a while they either tend to be a tad to easy or the bots get super aim out of nowhere  

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,351 battles

I agree.

Separating chat between dead and alive players would work magic. Prooven way back in Counterstrike 1.6 and Counterstrike Source.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
742 posts
18,304 battles
6 hours ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

That is a dumb question..:Smile-angry:

Ok, special snowflake here. No wonder you take hard random insults from random people if this question triggered you.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

Maybe you can give me some advice as to what I could have done better. I am always open to good advice.

Give us an replay and I can tell you.

[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles

I guess since you were the one going for the CVs, they were too dumb to understand that someone HAS to go there.