Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptBerry

CV Rework Feelings Poll

CV Rework: How do we feel?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the CV rework game-play:

• I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
    • I like it
    • I'm not sure yet
    • I don't like it
    • OMG WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME PLS NOOO WJGHGSKDPHKYPEI3UMA@£$%!!**

78 comments in this topic

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles

Now that we've had a few days to think about the CV footage, how i everyone feeling on the (REALLY EARLY) footage.

Obviously we all need things are going to change but I still want to see how everyone feels about it so far from what we have seen.

Please don't kill me

[CR33D]
Players
3,159 posts
16,180 battles

This rework is bullsh.t imo. WG managed to amaze me once again by needing 2 years for that piece of crap. This is an easy mod. CVs dont need to be careful about target picking anymore since they have unlimited plane reserves. This rework also removes all the skill factor in CV gameplay. 

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles
1 minute ago, ghostbuster_ said:

This rework also removes all the skill factor in CV gameplay. 

If WG decided to drop the rework, how would you change the cv?

Just wondering

[-AP-]
Players
1,640 posts
3,751 battles

Add an option for cautious optimism. I dont mind playing against carriers as they are now, i actually like it, but they do have a way to big impact on the outcome of the battle. Dont really like playing them atm either, so if the rework goes trhough, and they become fun to play for me, great. Just very cautious in my hopes that wargaming will manage to balance them, and not make them too idiot proof, so yeah. Cautious optimism

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,049 posts
15,721 battles

Basic gameplay looks fun. Now it all depends on the balance.

And I have no confidence whatsoever in WG being able to pull that off.

• Cool 6

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
1 hour ago, CptBerry said:

Just wondering

If they would drop that rework, CV would still need another rework. And the other rework wouldn't fit with the opinion of everyone. There will be always people who are against it. Some people don't want any change - but even here are people against it

• Cool 2

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

Cautious optimism

I really hope WG doesn't keep us in the dark about a lot of any rework changes, I don't want them to keep us out the ideas they are trying and end up just revealing their finished Rework saying: "Yes this perfect now, and we did it with out any help".

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

There will be always people who are against it

Hopefully they will find a rework that pleases the majority. 

[-POD-]
Players
15 posts
8,447 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

If they would drop that rework, CV would still need another rework. And the other rework wouldn't fit with the opinion of everyone. There will be always people who are against it. Some people don't want any chance - but even here are people against it

Drop rework and instead just rebalance everything (AA, damage, setups etc.)?:Smile_hiding:

[CR33D]
Players
3,159 posts
16,180 battles
19 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

Just wondering

UI has to be fixed. Its bugy. Then tier 4-5 CVs should get their manual attack ability back. Removing manual attacks from those tiers was just a huge mistake of WG. I would also introduce many tutorials for below avrg or new CV players which they had to complete to be able to play in randoms. After every lost battle i would also force those players to complete some small tutorials. So that could end in 2 ways. First, they would improve and get better in CVs. Second, they would stop playing CVs because they wouldnt want to bother with that many tutorials. Either way its a win win situation for the game.

Edit: ofc i would change the damage mechanic of AP DBs. They are just stupid right now.  About spotting with planes: they could introduce like 2 altitude options for planes. First: planes fly high (current altitude of planes) but from that altitude they cant spot small ships like DDs and CLs. To be able to spot them, they should fly lower. But that would make them more vulnerable to AA fire. (They would get shot down easier)

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles

I had the idea they could change the 'spotted by planes' for example a dd, and kinda make it like the same way spotting works for cyclones, so you could see them on the map but not shoot at them unless you were X km from them.

I'm sure you guys can find lots of problems with my idea, please tell me them. :Smile_Default:

Players
4,085 posts
7,004 battles
6 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

There are literally hundreds of topics around in this forum, poiting to the key issues and gathering ideas what could be done to make it better for everyone. I dont really want to go into details anymore, since I feel its a waste of time. Ill give you some keywords: UI, APM, removal of manual drop, CV interaction at T5&T6, AP bombs, Saipans strafe-mechanics, passive & random AA-mechanics, huge gap in level of AA... ya im sure there is more but those come to mind right away. And absolutly none of those things couldnt be fixed! some are easy, some take a little more work. But nothing of that was impossible to fix.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBerry said:

Hopefully they will find a rework that pleases the majority. 

That's the point, I'm pretty sure, that the majority is pleased. Too many people are not happy with the current version. Flamu said in his video something funny, that wargaming can't make it worse than it is now :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
2 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

Never played a CV game and looking at this rework, I never will!  I just don't see the attraction :Smile_honoring:

Nothing wrong with that :cat_bubble:

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles
1 minute ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

just don't see the attraction

For me the attraction was the difference in play style.  But It's definitely not for everyone.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,534 posts
3,859 battles

I'm... skeptical. 

I don't currently play CVs... mostly didn't bother because, well, basically since I started the game I've been hearing that CV gameplay is going to change, so it hasn't really seemed worth it to start on one of those lines.

And... judging by what we've seen so far of the rework, I doubt it's going to make that status change. Oh, I'll give it a try. But it just looks fairly shallow, and I suspect it's going to get boring pretty quickly.

I mean, it looks like a good starting point for a really nice replacement for the current manual attack commands. If they kept the core of the RTS gameplay, but with fewer squadrons to manage and allowed you to take direct control of squadrons like the rework concept, I think it could be very fun.

But having it be all of the CV gameplay? Eeeeeeh....:fish_sleep:

• Cool 1

[_OPC_]
Players
429 posts
12,104 battles

A bit too early to make a final decision, so for now "I am not sure yet".

From the first look and history of WG this is going to be funny at first glance and crap in terms of balance...

[CR33D]
Players
3,159 posts
16,180 battles
12 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

That's the point, I'm pretty sure, that the majority is pleased. Too many people are not happy with the current version. Flamu said in his video something funny, that wargaming can't make it worse than it is now :cap_haloween:

Oh believe me they can make it worse. Actually i think they already made it worse with this rework.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
1 minute ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Oh believe me they can make it worse. Actually i think they already made it worse with this rework.

Yes, I totally agree. I'm pretty sure ,that one squad spotting will be way too op, not like it is now. Also that you can do multiple attacks with one squad! Now you have to alpha strikes, that instantly kill ships... that really sucks, I don't want instantly kill ships! And the Ui looks way more buggy than it is now. Also I don't want see much of the battles, I prefer single pixels and icons! The rework is really worse!

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
751 posts
4,394 battles

I like it by the way it looks. More we do not know besides how it will look like. 

And how it will function in game after al tweeks has to be seen. 

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,233 posts
10,903 battles

It's kinda the opposite of what I wanted, i.e. more tactics/consumables and a better UI rather than more mouse aim twitch nonsense. And I'm concerned about how this will impact stealth-dependent DDs that have neither Def AA nor smoke. Actually, even if they have smoke, large squads of air-reloading bombers could be supremely problematic and unfun for them. Can you imagine that in a radar PA or TRB Kagero? Nothing should counter another playstyle that hard. Yeah, it's bad enough for them now, but imagine if you're getting dropped twice a minute and you know there's no fighter cover on the way.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,049 posts
15,721 battles
13 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

The rework is really worse!

Assuming flooding mechanics don't change, in one strike you can cause over 100k damage by setting two perma floods on two ships. If it's a cruiser, you've pretty much killed them with that. If it's a BB, the next strike or any kind of assistance from your teammates will finish them off.

Such a strike will take you around three minutes (1 min flight time, 2 mins striking) if the targets are within close proximity to each other.

Thus if the enemy has 4 cruisers you can kill them all within 6-7 minutes. Alternatively you could doom all 5 BBs within ~10 minutes, farming over 500k damage in the process.

As I stated previously, it all depends on balance. And considering the goal of WG is to make CVs stack DoT damage and farm it until no tomorrow, yes, it can and likely will turn out much, MUCH worse.

Alternatively if WG decides to nerf flooding and fire damage in response every other class except BBs is getting nerfed hard. There is literally no good solution that they can take here.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
Just now, MoveZig said:

It's kinda the opposite of what I wanted, i.e. more tactics/consumables and a better UI rather than more mouse aim twitch nonsense. And I'm concerned about how this will impact stealth-dependent DDs that have neither Def AA nor smoke. Actually, even if they have smoke, large squads of air-reloading bombers could be supremely problematic and unfun for them. Can you imagine that in a radar PA or TRB Kagero?

1. AA gets reworked

2.  How is a dd effected right now by a CV? It's ways worse. Alpha strikes could kill the dd instantly, and if the cv misses, he can keep one squad there for spotting, while the rest is reloading. One big squad can't stay and fly back to reload at the same time. Also no Alpha strikes, hitting with 3 torpeds is harder than with 12 cross dropped torpedos

I see no issue there

Players
289 posts
1,752 battles

Im cautiously pessimistic at the moment as im not sure how this will effect the game on the whole and whether CV's become the 'need above all' or just another ship on the field.

The gameplay does look fun even if it is basic. Not going to be a fan of permafires and floods however.

Sign in to follow this