Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Feedback on "Supply Lines"

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,220 battles

I like this event.

The chance to casually compete with other clans and especially to compete with each other for the highest damage is really nice.

But that is also the biggest problem.

It is not possible to set the damage bar to the damage that you actually achieved.

I know that the system is supposed to encourage active play, but

I am pretty sure that everyone would still play the same amount of games,

if they were able to actually set a new damage record and not just pull the next 5k mark, which feels very unrewarding...

• Cool 1

Players
796 posts
8,312 battles

But with this system even the least skilled players can contribute 15 stars in 15 matches. If the system was as you proposed it would basically mean that only the best players of a clan could really contribute. 

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles

Not that my clan would have anything to do with only me in it, but the idea of sharing my login data with a 3rd party was a nono.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,220 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

But with this system even the least skilled players can contribute 15 stars in 15 matches. If the system was as you proposed it would basically mean that only the best players of a clan could really contribute. 

Maybe the record should just be displayed additionally then.

As it is now, it is missing out a lot on internal competition, which would be fun.

Players
796 posts
8,312 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Maybe the record should just be displayed additionally then.

As it is now, it is missing out a lot on internal competition, which would be fun.

Internal competition maybe, but it does enforce teamwork in order to maximise your starpotential: "I'll do US BBs, you focus FR CAs, etc etc"

[CATS]
Players
15,359 posts
11,035 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Not that my clan would have anything to do with only me in it, but the idea of sharing my login data with a 3rd party was a nono.

You do not share your login data. Just allow the site to read the login cookie from WG. No login data is included there.

And other programs can read the cookie freely, without asking permission.

• Cool 1

Players
3,843 posts
6,015 battles
23 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It is not possible to set the damage bar to the damage that you actually achieved.

I was thinking about the same thing. I wanted to make a longer suggestions post, but havent found the time yet.

20 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I absolutly agree with that too. Thats why: Why dont we have a second competition in the same way, but with a goal to set the highest damage? You could even make several stages by tiers, so that lower clans could participate aswell with even chances. Like a bracket with Tier 5&6, then Tier 7&8 and Tier 9&10. Every clan can decide, in which bracket they like to participate. Then you have the same table as right now, only that for each field it shows the highest damage done.

[POP]
Players
330 posts
7,873 battles
28 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

But with this system even the least skilled players can contribute 15 stars in 15 matches.

If the stars would be given for the highest available damage count the least skilled players would populate the lower damage numbers while the damage farmers would populate the higher damage numbers. Everyone would have his/her chance to contribute. This would negate the effects of "doing 200k damage but getting achievement for 5k" -scenarios which, imo, is arguably better than what we have now.

Sign in to follow this