You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TataLup

Legendary buff or nerf ?

4 comments in this topic

Question

[OFFS]
Players
131 posts
24,145 battles

Can anybody explain the reason behind changing a 6s  180° turn time to 30s by reducing rotational speed by 80% (!) not only as "upgrade" but "Legendary "  ?

It would have been more explicit for players NOT TO USE it by stating as " Torpedo tubes welded to deck" modification.

Shame 

Edited by TataLup
correction
  • Funny 1

3 answers to this question

[OP]
Beta Tester
93 posts
3,921 battles
5 hours ago, TataLup said:

Can anybody explain the reason behind changing a 6s  180° turn time to 30s by reducing rotational speed by 80% (!) not only as "upgrade" but "Legendary "  ?

It would have been more explicit for players NOT TO USE it by stating as " Torpedo tubes welded to deck" modification.

Shame 

1. Yes, there is a drawback to this upgrade, however in my opinion additional 10% torpedo reload time reduction on pure torpedo boat is worth it. I know I will use it when I get it.
  2. These are called "Unique upgrades" now, not "Legendary".
  3. This is a pointless whine thread.

[OFFS]
Players
131 posts
24,145 battles
On 9/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, Dehtre said:
  1. Yes, there is a drawback to this upgrade, however in my opinion additional 10% torpedo reload time reduction on pure torpedo boat is worth it. I know I will use it when I get it.
  2. These are called "Unique upgrades" now, not "Legendary".
  3. This is a pointless whine thread.

Totally pointless from your part ! Try learn to read and understand what you read.

The emphasis is the wrong use of "upgrade" therm, not the unique /legendary  naming of it.

How can be such a bad thing happening to a ship be named "Upgrade" ?

As for using it you should not speak until you try it, under the menace of being forced to use it forever.

Anyways the question was about the misleading arithmetic !

An 80% worsening of a 6 second parameter needs a particular mode of calculation to reach 30 seconds. IMO not explicitly naming it was not fair in my opinion. I don't have the wealth of youtube contributors to experiment. The doubloons and credit loss is stinging for me.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
712 posts
9,117 battles
4 hours ago, TataLup said:

Totally pointless from your part ! Try learn to read and understand what you read.

The emphasis is the wrong use of "upgrade" therm, not the unique /legendary  naming of it.

How can be such a bad thing happening to a ship be named "Upgrade" ?

As for using it you should not speak until you try it, under the menace of being forced to use it forever.

Anyways the question was about the misleading arithmetic !

An 80% worsening of a 6 second parameter needs a particular mode of calculation to reach 30 seconds. IMO not explicitly naming it was not fair in my opinion. I don't have the wealth of youtube contributors to experiment. The doubloons and credit loss is stinging for me.

All of them are upgrades compared to having an empty slot, but are not necessarily better than other upgrades.

And Shimas unique module affects rotation speed, base it's 25°/s, or 7.2s to 180°.

Reducing 25°/s by 80% is 5°/s, or 36s to 180°.

It can be increased with ASM1 by +20%, so 6°/s or 30s to 180°.

These changes to the torpedo tubes rotation speed is exactly as described by the unique module. There is nothing misleading about it. In exchange for that you get 10% faster torp reload compared to the Torpedo Tube Modification 3 you would have otherwise taken. There is nothing unfair about you miscalculating the result by misreading the modifier. If you think the rotation speed does not justify a total 25% reduction to torpedo reload speed then do not use this upgrade.

The dubloon loss to dismount is 25 dubloons or 0.09, if that amount is "stinging" for you then you have more serious problems than the rotation speed of your Shimas torp launchers.