Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

HMS Sirius?

31 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles

IMG_0029.thumb.PNG.dff99a8b9b93b855c75be09f15faa016.PNG

HMS Sirius has turned up in the Blitz version of the game; do we know if there is any chance of getting this thing in the full version of the game? I see there's been some discussion in the past, but not recently...

I would definitely like a Dido in the 'proper' game...

• Cool 4

Players
29 posts
3,924 battles

I would love to See the Dido Class of cruiser in this game though i would have thought it might have been better at T5 but even at T6 it could still be a very fun ship be it sAP only throwing that much AP could be amusing but if it had HE oh Dear how annoying that could be and with its Torpedos. 

Yeah i would love to see that ship in game so i do hope it comes to the game.

Looking at its Blitz Consumables it has Damage control as standard but that second one is that a Repair Party i can not tell as i have not played the Blitz version.

Beta Tester
263 posts
8,596 battles

We need a new British Premium Cruiser, Belfast was the only one and she was removed last November, its ridiculous that we still don't have another one. 

They could do 2 (heck 3 even) Types for the Dido's, a 5.25" and 4.5" variant. 

My RN Cruiser wishlist is Exeter, A county, Penelope, Charybdis and Cleopatra, a Mountbatten Pink Manchester, Newcastle (My Home town) and Jamaica would be nice too. 

@MrConway

• Cool 5

Players
235 posts
9,846 battles

FYI there are 7  Premium Russian cruisers in the premium store for sale now. if you include Kutuzov, Kronstadt and Balanstad that is 10 in total.  Of course I understand that the Russian Navy fought many pivotal naval battles during WW2 so...……… Sorry Just no...

Image result for unacceptable meme

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles
58 minutes ago, Dragon200052 said:

Looking at its Blitz Consumables it has Damage control as standard but that second one is that a Repair Party i can not tell as i have not played the Blitz version.

The consumables aren't really directly comparable (not all DDs get smoke for example); everything gets DC and RP (at least, so far, but I have nothing above T6 yet - I only really dabble with Blitz when I'm away from my home PC).

They've also given Sirius Smoke Generator I, and Air Defence Alert II (the latter is essentially like DefAA)...

[WCWVE]
Players
773 posts
12,005 battles

The USN got both the Atlanta and the Flint in this type so please WG even the score and give the RN comparable treatment 

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles

been silently hoping for a Dido class (or, hell, any Atlanta-style boat in general but Didos seemed the most likely candidate, especially with DeGrasse out the window) for a while... gib!

@Crysantos @MrConway any chance you can shed some light on how WoWs Blitz and normal WoWs are related development wise? Is there any point in taking this as an indication at all? Or are we getting hyped for nothing :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[XODUS]
Players
737 posts
4,212 battles

Dido Class would make an excellent T6 Light Cruiser i think. 
But we do need a new British premium Cruiser as the Belfast is no longer on sale. 

plenty of mid war refit options as well, such as HMS Newcastle with only 3x3 6" Guns at T7
Easy enough to do by taking the Edinburgh model
and it would appease Jingles. 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,423 battles
8 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

plenty of mid war refit options as well, such as HMS Newcastle with only 3x3 6" Guns at T7
Easy enough to do by taking the Edinburgh model

Newcastle, by look, is more closer to Fiji class than to Edinburgh class which was longer and had stacks moved more to the aft of the ship. Still It would  probably require a new model for a ship.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,693 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

been silently hoping for a Dido class (or, hell, any Atlanta-style boat in general but Didos seemed the most likely candidate, especially with DeGrasse out the window) for a while... gib!

@Crysantos @MrConway any chance you can shed some light on how WoWs Blitz and normal WoWs are related development wise? Is there any point in taking this as an indication at all? Or are we getting hyped for nothing :Smile_teethhappy:

Hey guys,

Both games are unrelated development-wise - sorry to crush your dreams on this Monday morning.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles
4 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

Both games are unrelated development-wise - sorry to crush your dreams on this Monday morning.

Greetings, Crysantos

awwww too bad... :Smile_bajan2:

but thanks for the insight!

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
9 hours ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

FYI there are 7  Premium Russian cruisers in the premium store for sale now. if you include Kutuzov, Kronstadt and Balanstad that is 10 in total.  Of course I understand that the Russian Navy fought many pivotal naval battles during WW2 so...……… Sorry Just no...

Gulag for you!

Players
2,380 posts
15,503 battles

Anyone else still find it shocking we get stuff like HuangHe over Dido?

I know it's a Russian game developed for the Russian/Asian market ...but still  :cap_haloween:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,423 battles
2 hours ago, creamgravy said:

Anyone else still find it shocking we get stuff like HuangHe over Dido?

I know it's a Russian game developed for the Russian/Asian market ...but still  :cap_haloween:

I don't have anything against releasing ships for other markets like SEA or South America. Dido will get into game eventually, probably more than just one. I don't like that, with removal of Belfast almost year before, one of the lines don't have a single training ship. They could with HH also release HMS Arethusa as RN premium, or any other RN cruiser. I personally don't like this flood of T9 and T10 premiums.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles
4 hours ago, aboomination said:

Looking at the consumables - does she have heal?

Everything in Blitz does (I think)...

3 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

Greetings, Crysantos

<epic tantrum in manner of my niece when she was two>

Players
235 posts
9,846 battles
6 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

Greetings, Crysantos

Image result for I don't believe you meme

What makes me laugh is that on your warships homepage under the cruiser heading you have Belfast as the example ship and there is no way to obtain it. PMSL.

Players
73 posts
12,760 battles

I really hope they do give us a Dido class cruiser although I guess they would prefer her to be a tier 6 like in blitz and without the radar, although they could do HMS Royalist I prefer the earlier Dido class they look more distinct 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
2 hours ago, Metatric said:

R U Sirius?

How about YMS Uranus?

Sign in to follow this