Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Semej

slaughter that others play, in random battle because the composition of the two teams team is completely skewed.

36 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
225 battles

I'm a new player in this game.

I have just played a tier 3 - 4 game, and when I saw the player layout, I knew we had lost in advance there are 3 players from the same clan playing BB CL DD and two from another clan, who played BB, plus two other clan players, I could see played in clans when it was over and we were slaughtered, everyone clan member the players on their team except one survived, in my team there were two players playing the clan, and came from two different clans and without them they have stars / beams next to their name, like 5 of the clan members of opposite teams had plus a number I do not know what is, I would call to throw a team to a slaughterhouse for the others team can have fun with ... there was no doubt when I saw how they shot, they were in a completely different league and personally I did not think it was fun to be set up for slaughter in that way ..

whose new player has experienced this many times, I think they are dropping the game because they will feel they are bad because they may not see that there are players who usually play together, they are up against ..

Seriously, du you think that this is the way for new players ?...

I'm not good at writing English, so this is written using google translate...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

How could you possibly determine the battle outcome from checking the teamlists after 85 battles? Not even the very best super-unicums can do that.

Seriously tho, you didnt lose because they had a few clan players on their team, the real reason why you lost is probably because you/your team positioned and played badly, simple as that.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,075 posts
9,134 battles
31 minutes ago, Semej said:

I have just played a tier 3 - 4 game

Thanks a lot for investing your time in that study. Collecting all that data must've taken ages.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
16 minutes ago, Semej said:

I have just played a tier 3 - 4 game, and when I saw the player layout, I knew we had lost in advance there are 3 players from the same clan playing BB CL DD

I've had a match today at t9. The enemy had 3 players from the same clan playing CV, CL, DD. They all had winrate below 40% and the whole enemy team got slaughtered without putting up much of a resistance :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 3

Players
3 posts
225 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

How could you possibly determine the battle outcome from checking the teamlists after 85 battles? Not even the very best super-unicums can do that.

Seriously tho, you didnt lose because they had a few clan players on their team, the real reason why you lost is probably because you/your team positioned and played badly, simple as that.

when the top 5 were in the opposite team, they were teams and they clan play and those who were not in the clan had smaller points, so I thought I could say this ... personally I thought they could have split them up so they did not get the advantage in this way against brand new players .. they could have taken the two BB players from one clan and throw them over to the opposite team ...

[PMI]
Players
2,376 posts
5,580 battles
10 hours ago, Semej said:

when the top 5 were in the opposite team, they were teams and they clan play and those who were not in the clan had smaller points, so I thought I could say this ... personally I thought they could have split them up so they did not get the advantage in this way against brand new players .. they could have taken the two BB players from one clan and throw them over to the opposite team ...

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non constructive remarks.
  • Funny 1

Players
3 posts
225 battles
7 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I've had a match today at t9. The enemy had 3 players from the same clan playing CV, CL, DD. They all had winrate below 40% and the whole enemy team got slaughtered without putting up much of a resistance :Smile_honoring:

Now it's probably not so many newcomers you meet in T9, I'm looking forward to taking it up ... I'm totally new to the game and thought the opponents I met were much better than everyone us others in my team .. I thought it's hard to learn that power, now I'm out again after 3 shots from the opponent ..

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,376 posts
5,580 battles
10 hours ago, Semej said:

Now it's probably not so many newcomers you meet in T9, I'm looking forward to taking it up ... I'm totally new to the game and thought the opponents I met were much better than everyone us others in my team .. I thought it's hard to learn that power, now I'm out again after 3 shots from the opponent ..

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due not being constructive

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
2 minutes ago, Semej said:

Being in a clan (or a division) in no way guarantees good performance. There are clans full of atrociously bad players (no better than newbies despite advantage in experience) and a division mostly serves to make the impact of its members more apparent. A division of good players is a thing to fear but a division of bad players is... well, also something to fear - when it's on your team.

And if you try to split players based on how good they are (to get matches to be more even), you end up punishing good players (as "reward" for being good they get worse teams and stronger opponents) - that's not acceptable. It was tested in a certain tank game (Armored Warfare) and the results were terrible, the game in question suffered a lot from it and lost quite a lot of initially interested players before the "skill balancing" got removed. Many speculate that this "experiment" was one of the major reasons why the game in question never managed to hit it as big as it deserved based on how many, many aspects compared to their more established competition (in fact many significant improvements to WoT at the time seem strongly inspired by the things Armored Warfare just did better).

• Cool 4

Players
924 posts
7,192 battles

OP - You've played less than 100 games, you've actually done really well in some ships, but you've climbed the Tiers too fast and have almost certainly been found out when you reached the level where you don't have protected MM.

Go back to Tier III, pick up something like a St Louis or Bogatyr - these are quite BB like cruisers - and practice. New ships are fun, winning is better. Put that Warspite away until you've mastered all the basics of the game, it'll still be there until you're ready for it. 

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles
6 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I guess holidays?

Siberia is a nice place to visit at any time of the year.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles

I can confirm that joining a clan will improve your luck with the ladies and make you look 10y younger (only for those >30 ofc).

• Funny 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
573 posts
3,275 battles
11 hours ago, Semej said:

We have still room in our casual clan. 

If you want I can send you an invite. And even tho I'm not the best player out here I would be glad to sail together and give you some basic tips. 

[NWP]
Players
3,564 posts
5,902 battles
7 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I guess holidays?

I can confirm that one of them was sent to gulag for a looooong time (the one reacted to a post in this thread already)

Wont say who or how long, because they will send me to gulag aswell maybe :fish_book:

• Funny 1

Players
1,542 posts
6,477 battles
18 hours ago, Semej said:

Hummm....

I know you guys are burning the OP at the stake here, but he has somewhat of a valid point, one of which I have voiced before.

Clans are not the issue as you chaps have rightly said that some contain, lets say, a mix of varying  skilled players and/or indeed divs.

But i have seen alot of games where one side has a massive advantage over the other and for some new players, including old ones, it is a problem.

Tonight when your on, add up the WR, Average damage and XP of both teams.  You will be surprised to see that the winning side contain a high amount of "Good" Players.  One was a difference of 10% WR and 30,000 Damage at tier 9.

Thread not so long ago was created and someone posted document evidence of this occurring quite frequently. 

Now I understand that it's give and take.  Sometimes your on the team that is plainly better and sometimes you are not,  But IMHO the teams should be fairer than they currently can be.

Less frustration over all for everyone.  And yes i can see the problems WG could have implementing this, but i believe it's completely possible with current server numbers and what-not.

IMHO :cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,740 battles

Some of the worst players I've seen are clans. Just because they are in a clan does not mean they are good. Never underestimate the stupidity of people in groups, they are often distracted by what the group is doing, and not focusing on what is happening either to them or around them. I've seen very good (on paper) divisions of clan mates in O/P premium ships fail utterly. Hubris has its own reward.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles
12 hours ago, Semej said:

I have just played a tier 3 - 4 game, and when I saw the player layout, I knew we had lost in advance there are 3 players from the same clan playing BB CL DD and two from another clan, who played BB, plus two other clan players, I could see played in clans when it was over and we were slaughtered, everyone clan member the players on their team except one survived, in my team there were two players playing the clan, and came from two different clans and without them they have stars / beams next to their name, like 5 of the clan members of opposite teams had plus a number I do not know what is, I would call to throw a team to a slaughterhouse for the others team can have fun with ... there was no doubt when I saw how they shot, they were in a completely different league and personally I did not think it was fun to be set up for slaughter in that way ..

whose new player has experienced this many times, I think they are dropping the game because they will feel they are bad because they may not see that there are players who usually play together, they are up against ..

Seriously, du you think that this is the way for new players ?...

I'm not good at writing English, so this is written using google translate...

Ok I will help you if I can.

giphy.gif

I have feeling it was like this, right? (enemy forces above)

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

And when the forums needed them most, both @Boris_MNE and @wilkatis_LV disappeared into gulag forever, never to be seen again.

afaik willkatis is serving 1 year ban. I am still good, thanks for asking :D

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
57 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

But i have seen alot of games where one side has a massive advantage over the other and for some new players, including old ones, it is a problem.

It's random and it will even out over time. What will not even out is OP's influence.

• Cool 1

Players
728 posts
8,155 battles
18 minutes ago, aboomination said:

It's random and it will even out over time. What will not even out is OP's influence.

strange right? You never see posts saying "I won ten games in a row really easy because our team was a lot better, had divisions, yada yada yada,...."

Sign in to follow this