Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lakult

Something aint right?

80 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles

Something just doesnt seem right. My friend and i got spammed to death by all the he spammers, and minotaurs. The era of battleships seems weak atm. We had no option to retreat, it was die or die.

Shitty 1.PNG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
66 posts
7,266 battles

lol.....it's obvious what everyone's reply would be, but lets say something different then:

BUFF DAMN BB's, THEY CAN'T DOMINATE WITHOUT PLAYER'S SKILLS!

• Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
730 posts
6,300 battles

BB "I WIN" button failure confirmed.

Or, you know, you just got outplayed for one of a thousand different reasons.

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles

Ain't saying we need a buff to the Bb's, they're fine as they are. I like my montana, Just not when im in a game where theres 5-7 he spammers, and we have no counter for it. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles

See what you did @MortenTardo?

Apologize to that poor BB player right this instant or I will make sure your croissants shall be stale henceforth!

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles

I see you all are making a comment about i should "Git gud". Im trying to get some advice, not the usual crap?

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles

Did, with the one chased me, but again. How can you angle when theres 6 ships around you shooting form every angle. Montana can't just stop and turn on a dime.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles
3 minutes ago, Lakult said:

How can you angle when theres 6 ships around you shooting form every angle.

shrugpony_big_mac_by_moongazeponies-d3cv

You can try angling against the biggest threats and then proceed to kill the squishiest targets first.

Try that with any other class, btw if you feel that BB are particularly weak.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,553 posts
5,884 battles

Im wondering about those supposed HE spammers tho?

Kitakaze, Cleveland, Seattle - thats 3 in my book.

If you want advice how to play better: Post the replay from that match, would really be interested whats so bad about that match setup:cap_hmm:

6 minutes ago, Lakult said:

Did, with the one chased me, but again. How can you angle when theres 6 ships around you shooting form every angle. Montana can't just stop and turn on a dime.

Probably you overextended and deserved to get farmed :fish_book: Once again, Replay?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Im wondering about those supposed HE spammers tho?

Kitakaze, Cleveland, Seattle - thats 3 in my book.

• Yammi
  • Rep
  • Monti
  • Trip
  • Funny 7

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,933 battles

You've played 424 T1-7 games and 405 T8-10, my guess is you've raced to T10 before your ready. Have some fun in the lower tiers and build your skills up there,  because while your stats at T6 and below are not very good they still drop considerably after that. 

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
730 posts
6,300 battles
8 minutes ago, Lakult said:

I see you all are making a comment about i should "Git gud". Im trying to get some advice, not the usual crap?

Well you started by saying that "something has changed", which of course it hasn't. And if you're playing tier 10 BBs with less than 1k games then it suggests maybe you're not ready for the high tiers?

I'm not having a go, but at Tier 10 the meta isn't different from the preceding 3 tiers, just that everything is a lot more efficient at its job. So should you be, to be fair. Mino is such an easy kill on its own (for a Monty), but if it's wrecking you from smoke you need to find and kill it's spotter. HE spammers are annoying so you need to learn or practice efficient use of damcon and heals, and wait for them to unmask all 9/12 guns (which they can't resist doing) and time your volleys.

[NWP]
Players
3,553 posts
5,884 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:
  • Yammi
  • Rep
  • Monti
  • Trip

Good ol HE Derpitz, the scariest enemy of them all! :cap_haloween:

1 minute ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Mino is such an easy kill on its own (for a Monty), but if it's wrecking you from smoke you need to find and kill it's spotter

Or just git gud and blapp the Mino in Smoke :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

I said it elsewhere. The HE spam meta is annoying. But not to be overcome. In time you'll learn behind which islands they are lying. The trick is: that's 9 out of 10 a totally useless position. Stay out of range and let them rot there behind their islands. An idle red is almost as important as a sunk one. And once again: put your point/ aft to the AP pewpewer from his cloud. He'll need to land hundreds of hit to chip off  2 or 3000 from you. Don't play their game OP and you'll be fine.

• Cool 1

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles
18 minutes ago, Lakult said:

From the sound of it you overextended. Pushed too hard too early, got isolated and focused. A big part of BBs at t10 is knowing when to use your HP and armor to push, and when to use it as a sponge while you weaken the enemy so that either you or someone else CAN push. Are their cruisers dug in good positions? are dds haunting the cap? most importantly, are your own cruisers and dds in a position where they can hurt anyone who exposes themselves to hit you? all things you got to keep aware of, and even more that I am probably forgetting. Takes experience to get right, and at 800 battles you don't really have enough knowledge under your belt to get it right every time. Speaking of which ...

800 battles doesn't sound like enough to have gotten to t10, unless you literally played no other ships on your way up the monty line. I'm going to assume that you and your friend converted free exp to either skip large chunks of the grind, or whole ships entirely, which is unwise as you need that grind in order to learn how to play at high tiers properly. T10 is unforgiving as [edited], sure your Montana is stronger than your Iowa, but so is everyone elses. When everyone's strengths get exacerbated, so does everyone's weaknesses.

You two should go back a few tiers and play them to keep learning. 300 and lower bxp in t10 bbs is honestly terrible, and you two doing that little as top tier ships probably singlehandedly lost that game for your team.

EDIT: Also don't use DCP for a lone fire. Especially if they're still shooting at you. Also don't use HE yourself, like ever.

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles

For those of you who says i've rushed to tier 10, yes i did. And yes i had over a 1000 battles back in the day at asia beta server, before moving on to the eu, and playing yet another 1000. And those of you who says it hasn't changed, yes it have. Once there were only 2 nations. Maybe im still stuck back there.

EDIT: Can't get the replay after i closed the game, any trick to get it? 

We got totally overrun that match. At the start of the match i only used 1/2 and /14 speeds, so i didnt advance to quickly without any backup. But all the cruisers, and dd's were on our side, and our 2 dd's died instantly. So my friend and i tryed to retreat, but we just couldn't, they all hided in smoke, and followed us slowly.

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

How did you only get 400 and 200xp holy crap....

I mean, not to sound too rude or anything, but stop playing T10 this instant. 
A game like that can happen once in a while, such as if you get detonated, but using it as an example?

Seriously, this is as much for you as it is for everyone else.
Go back to tier 3, learn the basics and build from there.

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

How did you only get 400 and 200xp holy crap....

I mean, not to sound too rude or anything, but stop playing T10 this instant. 
A game like that can happen once in a while, such as if you get detonated, but using it as an example?

Seriously, this is as much for you as it is for everyone else.
Go back to tier 3, learn the basics and build from there.

I know i'm not doing good i the Montana, but im eager to learn it. I know the basics (where to shoot and such) And i feel like the only way to learn is to play it, And sure im having some bad games from time to time. I also have some pretty good ones. I do not consider myself a good player, just and average or so so.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

How did you only get 400 and 200xp holy crap

Let's be honest: It's called a sh.it division :Smile_trollface:

Divisions are force multipliers. But if one (or two players) contribute(s) a force <1...well, we have a sh.it division!

1 = average, neutral

Players
382 posts
21 minutes ago, Lakult said:

If there are 6 ships around you shooting at you from every angle then the advice would be to not put yourself in that situation. Be aware of potentially angry smokescreens and of islands that ships with high ballistic-arcs can shoot over, while remaining concealed and (in the latter case) protected behind solid rock.

Remember that although ships with high ballistic-arcs have the advantage of being able to shoot over islands they have the disadvantage that the high-arc causes long flight times for the shells, so their effective range drops well below their maximum range even with the sort of evasive manoeuvres a battleship can do. Be a pain in the arse for their targeting and watch your potential damage counter soar.

Captain skills of Fire Prevention (reduces chance of fires and number of places you can burn in) and Basics of Survivability (reduces duration of fires and flooding, plus faster module repairs) will help with the fires from the HE Spam as will flying the flag to further reduce the burn time.

If you are under sustained HE fire then it can be better to let the fires burn as you can't be set on fire in the same place as you are already on fire, depending on what you think your chance of breaking contact is. If you think you can get out of range or line of fire fairly soon then burn for that short time and then extinguish the fires rather than put out the two or three and be set on fire again just before you break contact and have those burn the full duration.

And note that I am a potato, so take everything I said with due caution and enough salt that Jingles would need to hire more miners.

• Cool 1

Players
577 posts
4,698 battles
3 minutes ago, Lakult said:

For those of you who says i've rushed to tier 10, yes i did. And yes i had over a 1000 battles back in the day at asia beta server, before moving on to the eu, and playing yet another 1000. And those of you who says it hasn't changed, yes it have. Once there were only 2 nations. Maybe im still stuck back there.

Well, there's your problem, don't rush the tiers.  Go back and re-learn.

But did you really expect the game to be the exact same as it was in beta? like 3 years ago? those 1k games you played back then might as well count for nothing as far as teaching you how to play goes. Some games start and end in that amount of time.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
15 posts
975 battles
4 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Well, there's your problem, don't rush the tiers.  Go back and re-learn.

But did you really expect the game to be the exact same as it was in beta? like 3 years ago? those 1k games you played back then might as well count for nothing as far as teaching you how to play goes. Some games start and end in that amount of time.

Ofc. i can rush tiers. The ship haven't changes that much, its still the same as when it came out with some changes. But reread, im not going to back down from learning the ship. 

EDIT: Seems like im better of with the US Heavy Cruisers.

Sign in to follow this