You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cuarzo

This is just getting ridiculous, WG

58 comments in this topic

[FL4-0]
Players
39 posts
7,591 battles

Ridiculo.jpg.b0a8f23514b3086a89f44308a5e06378.jpg

Why are BBs even consider changing ammo type when they consistently get things like these? 8 hits against a Yugumo and at least 4 full penetrations????

It's the same if you're manouvering or not, if you get hit angled or full broadside, at any distance you'll get wrecked by the same class you're suppossed to counter. Great.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,237 battles
2 minutes ago, Cuarzo said:

Why are BBs even consider changing ammo type when they consistently get things like these? 8 hits against a Yugumo and at least 4 full penetrations????

It's the same if you're manouvering or not, if you get hit angled or full broadside, at any distance you'll get wrecked by the same class you're suppossed to counter. Great.

Already known, they're working on it since a while. Just don't angle against bb fireing

Showing broad side results in overpens. 10% of shell dmg

Players
2,804 posts
14,922 battles
10 minutes ago, Cuarzo said:

At this point, I see so many BB shooting HE at BBs and cruisers... I guess they just change to AP to shoot DDs.  :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,345 posts
10,823 battles
25 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Already known, they're working on it since a while. Just don't angle against bb fireing

Showing broad side results in overpens. 10% of shell dmg

Two problems with that:

1. Not angling against a BB to try and avoid full AP pens at an angle means not dodging all the HE shells everyone else is flinging your way.
  2. BB AP can occasionally still full pen even showing perfect broadside so if you're unlucky you're f*cked anyway.

The vast majority of times weaving to dodge is the superiour damage migitation method. But when the enemy BB gets that magical dispersion and lands 7 out of 9 shells doing 19k damage in one volley, it's just GG.

• Cool 13

[HEROZ]
Players
763 posts
6,588 battles
26 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

At this point, I see so many BB shooting HE at BBs and cruisers... I guess they just change to AP to shoot DDs.  :Smile_amazed:

HE have one problem. They work. Regardles of circumstances. They arent HE from wot but HESH. They will pen most of times regardles of angle. When you hunt cruiser in bb and it angles away you fire one of two: AP to get 2 overpens and 4 bounces or HE to get 4 pens and 2 shatters. Math is simple.

Stop complaining about other players ammo choice. They either fire what works best or what they have ciurrently in chambers.

[-AP-]
Players
1,635 posts
3,743 battles
4 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

HE have one problem. They work. Regardles of circumstances. They arent HE from wot but HESH. They will pen most of times regardles of angle. When you hunt cruiser in bb and it angles away you fire one of two: AP to get 2 overpens and 4 bounces or HE to get 4 pens and 2 shatters. Math is simple.

Stop complaining about other players ammo choice. They either fire what works best or what they have ciurrently in chambers.

Except that bb ap overmatches pretty much all cruiser armor. Only situation where he is ever better than ap in a bb is if you fight a nose-in battleship which you cant overmatch(except for brittish bbs ofc). Most people that fire he in battleships do so because they are stupid, this can be seen by them firing it all the time, rather than in the very few situations its actually good.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,237 battles
8 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

Why no pen in your example? It's possible while angled, depending on caliber and hitten bb. I shoot always ap. When angled, just don't aim for the hull xD

Players
2,804 posts
14,922 battles
8 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

I was joking.  :Smile_Default:

You know BBs don't switch from HE to AP to shoot DDs.

[RBMF]
Players
39 posts
5,227 battles

Worst case I've seen was a Yamato hit a broadside Shimakaze with 2 AP shells for 11,000 Damage during a ranked game.

I wish I took a screen shot, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

Players
5,259 posts
6,356 battles
1 hour ago, CptBerry said:

Worst case I've seen was a Yamato hit a broadside Shimakaze with 2 AP shells for 11,000 Damage during a ranked game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
3,237 posts
3,521 battles
1 hour ago, CptBerry said:

What they should do is really quite simple.

Make a 'hit box' through the DD for AP, and make it of 2.5cm.

THAT is what the AP-ammo hits, not the actual ship. 

Then, unless it goes front-to-back through the whole DD, should always overpen. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,785 posts
10,127 battles
21 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

A while? Yeah you can put it that way. I will help you remember more exactly, but do keep an eye about the overall timeframe (week/month/year) in terms which class is impacted negatively.

Cruiser no longer taking citadels -> 1 Week.

Intermission! -> Smoke bug -> "There is no smoke bug" -> Proof! -> "There is no smoke bug" -> Proof from even WG owns ST with videos on YT -> "Yeah we are dumb shitz and while our STs and everyone can experience this we will bullshít you we cant "recreate it"" -> Turns out there isnt a smoke bug after all ....... there are 2 (two) - after months

Cruiser citadeling potatoes in BBs given the right cruiser with powerful AP, flat broadside and the right distance -> 2 weeks.

Last time we have been bullshitted by Sub_Octavian about them being aware and working on it super duper high pressure, Pinkie Promise -> Over 1 year.

Before that we have been bullshitted about them knowing it and working on it with priority -> Over 2 Years. (The same occasion the tárd fully admittingly brought numbers that included T1/all low tiers to a discussion about high tier BB-overpopulation to [edited] people, and thats why you should always disregard "official WG numbers" as inherently distrustful). This was the same time that despite "being aware" and "working on it" they were still collecting proof and samples from users. Yeah in that seense I am "aware of and working on" stopping the stellar invasion from the SpaceFucks! Give me all your money to stop them!

Before that they have been told (with proof, with replays etc) to no avail ofc -> Over 3 Years.

And if they are worth the chairs they are sitting on, they knew this crap was broken the moment armor mechanics were introduced considering the dev. tool available to them -> 4 Years.

All while this code: IF "bbap" AND "dd" THEN "overpenn" ELSE :310

310: WG can try and molest a sleeping gator.

I can promise your for a fact that I will give them shít for this the same length they have been ignoring and bullshitting us about this - same with Sky Cancer. So what a wonderful year 2022 will be with me - but then again what a pity if WG is still around by then.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,838 battles
3 hours ago, thiextar said:

simple solution is just hardcode bb ap to always overpen dds.

OMG! That is at least 1 line of code! Comrade! Life isn't easy! What would they feed to their children if it was this simple?!?!?! No no no no we have to find the communist way comrade! It may noz be the easiest one, nor the simplest one, nor the smart one, nor the useful one, nor the working one, but it's a way!

31-mine-disarming-level-Russia-meme.png

• Funny 5

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,237 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

OMG! That is at least 1 line of code! Comrade! Life isn't easy! What would they feed to their children if it was this simple?!?!?! No no no no we have to find the communist way comrade! It may noz be the easiest one, nor the simplest one, nor the smart one, nor the useful one, nor the working one, but it's a way!

31-mine-disarming-level-Russia-meme.png

Hmm, well, I have to admit, I never thought about that, maybe they didn't thought about that as well for some reason? Should we tell that WG? ^^

[SCRUB]
Players
2,785 posts
10,127 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

never said, that WG is fast @havaduck :P

Dont get me wrong and dont feel attacked mate (I dont think you do but just to be sure), my salt is sorely aimed at WG. I just that this instantly triggers me. There was a time I had more BB battles than cruiser and thus could be considered a BB main (before the ger BB release, because even then fully angled citadels were fun and engaging) but this ...... this unending shitfiesta.

2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Hmm, well, I have to admit, I never thought about that, maybe they didn't thought about that as well for some reason? Should we tell that WG? ^^

They have infact been told and reacted (filtered through dense layers of active coal to get all the bullshít out): We dont giva a fúck and may or may not do whatever whenever.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,237 battles
2 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Dont get me wrong and dont feel attacked mate (I dont think you do but just to be sure), my salt is sorely aimed at WG. I just that this instantly triggers me. There was a time I had more BB battles than cruiser and thus could be considered a BB main (before the ger BB release, because even then fully angled citadels were fun and engaging) but this ...... this unending shitfiesta.

Well, they're slow, we all know that. Just look at the Shima win rate... that ship need to be balanced since years. But I don't judge WG, because we don't know how they work and what they're doing.

[AAO]
Players
2,123 posts
10,620 battles
17 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Well, they're slow, we all know that. Just look at the Shima win rate... that ship need to be balanced since years. But I don't judge WG, because we don't know how they work and what they're doing.

They don't touch the ship because it is still so popular. Which I kind of understand, no need to give all those typical shima players a stronger ship.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,237 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

They don't touch the ship because it is still so popular. Which I kind of understand, no need to give all those typical shima players a stronger ship.

1,0 or 1,5s faster reload would help a lot and it wouldn't be too strong

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,020 posts
15,706 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

1,0 or 1,5s faster reload would help a lot and it wouldn't be too strong

Since when is WG known to balance with a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer?

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
195 posts
6,773 battles

now what is the problem, the battleship penetrated the destroyer and the fuse have activated and did a lot more damage than overpen? how long the yűgumo is? 120m? so you think, 120m made out of sections and steel and other modules not enough to arm the fuse of a 410mm shell? its a game, but guys please....  put some thinking into it, i think even wg can use this much logic
5b9442d1bf2ea_--3083282.gif.138b17eca6d68f9fb52a31f9f30abed9.gif

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,761 posts
9,372 battles
2 minutes ago, ApolloF117 said:

now what is the problem, the battleship penetrated the destroyer and the fuse have activated and did a lot more damage than overpen? how long the yűgumo is? 120m? so you think, 120m made out of sections and steel and other modules not enough to arm the fuse of a 410mm shell? its a game, but guys please....  put some thinking into it, i think even wg can use this much logic
5b9442d1bf2ea_--3083282.gif.138b17eca6d68f9fb52a31f9f30abed9.gif

By that logic, it's a torpedo, 300 to 700kg of explosives exploding in the water. Do you really think it should only be doing a 1/6th of a BB's HP in damage?

[UNICS]
Players
195 posts
6,773 battles
13 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

By that logic, it's a torpedo, 300 to 700kg of explosives exploding in the water. Do you really think it should only be doing a 1/6th of a BB's HP in damage?

ask scharnhorst how much torpedo did they needed to actually sink her, and by that logic, lets put rng on torps too because not every torp that hit the target exploded :)