Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ulvesnutepostei

How is your ranked progression going?

60 comments in this topic

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

Was trending around 60% WR before I hit rank 8, have now been stuck at 7 and 8 for a few days and 7 With 3 stars is so far my best result

2018-09-08.png

2018-09-08 (1).png

• Bad 1

Players
590 posts

100% win rate in this season's Ranked. But that was only 2 battles.

I don't have any tier 10's.

BTW, the gameplay from the enemy team in both those battles was breath-takingly poor. If I'd been on their team I'd have lost, but  would have had a very good chance of getting most XP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
900 posts
4,141 battles

Reached rank 15 and staying there for now because I don't have any tier 10s. Had a great run of fun battles in the Charles Martel to make it to 15, now grinding the Roon to see if I can get the Hindy before the season ends. I have enough free xp and credits to get the ship now but judging from some of my performances in the Roon, I should build to my first tier 10 rather than rush it as I've no interest in being a liability in a ranked battle.

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
179 posts
4,721 battles

Rank 10 again in this morning.first game was cool, on hotspot they sent me to C (i was with haru)and we had 2 radar, dm and moskva...dm said he coming to c too....on half way, I realised everyone stayed at base, and start shooting on enemy dm at base.......before I went down, tooked the grozo with me, star secured:D

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
533 posts

Played up till rank 18 the second day of ranked.

Haven't touched it since, not going to either.

I just did it for the free stuff. 

Not going to endure the agony or pain of the ranked grind.

• Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
8,054 battles

"plan?"

"1 DD cap C, the rest of the team focus A"

*Shima AFK*

*4 players sail to C for cap xp*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,050 posts
29,725 battles

After getting the remaining steel for my Stalingrad I just don't bother with ranked anymore. I rage quit for good. I stopped at R9 and I don't think it's worth to sacrifice my nerves and calmness on such terrible mode.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
77 posts
11,673 battles

get down to 14 then lose it all when no one helps or covers the dds etc against two dessys and a shim. all were spotted for 30 secs or more and not one shot fired at them, and there's many more games similar to this to mention. so i gave up...

Players
97 posts
5,912 battles

Got to Rank 15 within the first week, played a couple of games in the Khaba and Gearing. Got bored with it being a no fun grind with either teams full of potatoes or toxic chat (more than normal).

Went back to having fun in Randoms.

[NWP]
Players
3,551 posts
5,884 battles

Got from 19 to 14 + 2 stars with 9 battles, only 1 loss. Played one more 2 days ago, tilted me so hard im not sure if i want to continue :cap_fainting:

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
563 posts
3,255 battles

I stopped after 4 battles :cap_haloween:
My skill set is just not up for it yet and I was surprised by the lack of willingness to work together. But I only had a sample size of 4. So idk if that says anything. 

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Made it to 10. Swinging back and forth since then. 10 was my goal. Now doing some matches with the "you never know" idea. Ranked cost me a lot of karma for just playing my role. I find the self proclaimed "fleet admirals" who truly don't have any clue hilarious. F.e. played Hindenburg. Had a wonderful position to snipe DPM for my team. Our grand admiral fulminated to me for camping. I should charge. So ROFL-ing I charged 2 Yamato's. One salvo each brought me down. I truly thanked him/ her for such legendary tactic insights. Cost me only 3 reports.

• Funny 5

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
179 posts
4,721 battles
6 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Rank 1 since a few days :cat_cool:

You sacrificed too much:D...

2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Made it to 10. Swinging back and forth since then. 10 was my goal. Now doing some matches with the "you never know" idea. Ranked cost me a lot of karma for just playing my role. I find the self proclaimed "fleet admirals" who truly don't have any clue hilarious. F.e. played Hindenburg. Had a wonderful position to snipe DPM for my team. Our grand admiral fulminated to me for camping. I should charge. So ROFL-ing I charged 2 Yamato's. One salvo each brought me down. I truly thanked him/ her for such legendary tactic insights. Cost me only 3 reports.

And you done exactly what was told..Sometimes Im doing this too, and when I die, just throw the question to captain clueless:now what should I do?sink in 1 piece or 2?

Players
125 posts
10,990 battles

Missed the first week because of vacation. But for me it's 2 stars forward and when you're about to reach a new rank, 3 stars backward (at second place). So this year won't be getting rank 1 (again :Smile_sad:).Because of my work I'm going to miss 2 full coming weeks. So this season is more of a Captain Training Season for me. Playing with the captains I'm training and with 19 point captains for the extra Free XP.

[RBMF]
Players
36 posts
4,852 battles

Once getting past rank 12 it felt like I was with and against more intelligent players, on the most part at least.

[RBMF]
Players
8 posts
4,656 battles

I was doing consistently very well until I hit rank 9, then all of a sudden all my shells either bracket the enemy, do poor damage, or bounce off flat broadside ships (I only have Yamato at tier 10), or overpen - apart from when they suddenly land nowhere near the enemy when aimed like I normally would.
I am not sure if I have sudenly forgotten how to play, or if there is an issue with the game all of a sudden.
But I am still pushing as hard as I can for the upper ranks, though instead of plain sailing, it's now more like swimming in treacle.
(Rank 8 now, woo!!)

Beta Tester
1,849 posts
6,149 battles

Reached rank 15 gotten the flag, didnt even have to play a battle :cap_cool:

Not even chuck norris can do that :Smile_trollface:

(dont have the time, mabe i'll try to get to r9 :Smile_Default:

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

went from 16 to rank 10 with a 100% WR.

and then the playing for star syndrome happened with most ppl.

so got a bit harder then  now at R7 with 64 % WR 

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

and then the playing for star syndrome happened with most ppl.

Yeah … 5 or 6 players only playing to keep the star if we loose is a huge problem With ranked imo

[NWP]
Players
3,551 posts
5,884 battles
Just now, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Yeah … 5 or 6 players only playing to keep the star if we loose is a huge problem With ranked imo

WG should finaly stop this "best loser keeps his star" crap. Its the thing whats keeping me from playing ranked, because i dont want to deal with those shitheads who play solely for that reason.

• Cool 1

[D-252]
Players
18 posts
5,292 battles

Only got back from holidays this week. Started at rank 18, attempted to use Baltimore and Cleveland but at Tier VIII in ranked seems to be mostly World of German Battleships. I wasn’t having a good time particularly as the usually lone DD on my team died quickly. Decided to switch to my trusty Kagero and got to rank 15 fairly quickly. No tier X ships so that’s it for me. I also have the feeling things are getting worse with people mostly resorting to BBs and then slugging it out from distance.

[-TAP-]
Players
61 posts
4,312 battles

I recognise the good intent behind the "top xp loser retains a star", and it does at least mean that stars get added in to the system at a steady rate, but it certainly is frustrating (albeit understandable) to see people playing whose sole focus is to retain it at all costs.

I've been out of the country for a few weeks so have only just got into ranked this season (58% WR so far after 25 odd battles so far, rank 11) but it seems to be even more toxic than before.  It's rare to see teamwork, and people are far more willing to start spouting useless vitriol and insults than offer any useful advice.  Case in point was the match below, names redacted to avoid shaming etc, but I spent a large portion of that match with a dead (detonated...) teammate raging at me for being a useless noob cruiser, complaining that the game was an auto-loss because the enemy had managed to take a whole two of the cap points for a minute and just generally being a massive distraction.  It would be nice if people just made an attempt to empathise with others in the game, but it seems to rarely be the case, so I'll see how long I can stick it out for before waiting the rest of the season out.

20180908183923_1.jpg

Ranked S10 DM.jpg

Sign in to follow this