You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Quazie

Win Rate and High stat player attitudes

300 comments in this topic

[BULL]
Players
466 posts
4,951 battles

My win rate today is 50%, todays play it was 8 games 6 wins (75%). The stats don't bother me I play the game because I like to, however some players attitudes really suck.

If your win rate is 55% then fine you play better more consistently than me or you are lucky with match making, if your are 60%+ sure your better, or you seal club or stat pad or use aim assist, I don't know and don't really care.

The attitude of which I speak is when players start telling you to go play coop, or your crap or start calling up stats to post in chat, other than to annoy people who are less fortunate than them, what purpose does it serve.

If everyone was really good your win rate would go down anyway, your condescending attitude is not appreciated and it makes you look like a bunch of nerds with nothing better to do all day but play games.

We don't all have that luxury and we do the best we can, I will hold my hands up I have made comments in chat to bad players, most often to tell them if they are doing something wrong, occasionally to tell the they screwed up, if a player gets abusive I will respond in kind.

If your win rate is high then be happy with it, if you want a better challenge then help players develop and improve so that they can give you a better game, or is it that you don't want anything to damage your precious win rate, that's sad!

I notice that as soon as a good player dies (not all good players) he starts giving everyone crap in the chat, its never his fault, well sometimes it is, if you were that good you would not have put yourself in that position, even the best screw up sometimes or have bad days. Maybe if you put up a plan or communicate in chat to coordinate players the overall level would improve.

But I have ranted enough and feel better for it, and I can't speak for everyone, but I know my stats are all mine with no hacks, mods or cheats of any kind, nobody played for me, and it wasn't pay to win .

• Cool 12
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,542 battles

Just accept the fact that some people might have great skills in the game, but utterly stinks in human and social skills.. Nothing you can do about it other than just ignore it if you get flamed in chat.

• Cool 5

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,589 battles

The only times I rant it's either because I'm too drunk or when the entire team goes to camp in the utmost far corner of the map (specially if I'm a cv. Since I allways go to the frontline and in these cases usually we get flanked OR I have nowhere to retreat, not left or right).

Anyhow I never, ever, opened a chat to someone for insult them, no matter how badly they did it.

Sometimes I thought in doing a video about how to play as a battle carrier (cv going to the frontline). However I allways feared that if I do that everybody will start playing like I do and WG would nerf alot of stuff.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,323 posts
9,079 battles
48 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Just accept the fact that some people might have great skills in the game, but utterly stinks in human and social skills.. Nothing you can do about it other than just ignore it if you get flamed in chat.

Then also just accept the fact that some people really suck at the game and drag teams down, afterall, no-one forces bad players to play a team based game, you know, where teamplay wins games and rewards are based on winning? The dead giveaway of the whole 'team / everyone does their fair share' concept is in the 12 players per side (or 7 in ranked, etc). The very concept that you need to win to progress faster (and all of us like to progress - its in our nature, even though we may deny it) exacerbates the fact that frustrations will soar, bad players will come to the forums to cry like babies because someone said mean things to them, and players who are overly competitive will be overly nasty...why not ask WG? They'll say 'we have rules about being nice' but on the other hand they've created a massively wincentric formula which rewards team effort (in random battles..HAHAHAHAHA), and not individual effort.

Good players should calm down and realise not everyone is good, some will always be really bad at this 'very-easy-to-play game' and bad players should realise that if they're rubbish they will drag teams down because they're rubbish, simple. It's not fair either way. Bad players should also stop saying things like 'I play for fun', 'it's only a game', blah blah, this will result in instant trolling. We all bloody know it's a game and meant to be fun, but I can have fun AND try win. Why can't they?

• Cool 11
  • Bad 3

Players
2,233 posts
14,314 battles
57 minutes ago, Quazie said:

The attitude of which I speak is when players start telling you to go play coop, or your crap or...

...I notice that as soon as a good player dies (not all good players) he starts giving everyone crap in the chat, its never his fault...

I have players tell me stuff like: "learn to play DDs", "you suck", "uninstall the game", "etc".  I wouldn't pay much attention to it.  Instead, look at your own performance and decide if you are happy with your skill level.

• Cool 2

Players
65 posts
530 battles

Just report those bullying you in the game.

I reported two guys this week uttering Neo Nazi remarks in chat. Now in the US that might be seen as okay by some first amendment lovers but in the EU it is most certainly NOT.

• Cool 4

Players
88 posts
7,113 battles
27 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Then also just accept the fact that some people really suck at the game and drag teams down, afterall, no-one forces bad players to play a team based game, you know, where teamplay wins games and rewards are based on winning?

It is as simple as this: The average player has a win rate of 50.000 %, and always will. Half of the player base will always be below that.

No matter what the overall quality of the player base is, the 45 % guys will be considered bad by the average guy. If you somehow magically removed all the current 45 % guys, another group of players would end up with 45 % win rates, and the 60 % guys can still get frustrated with them. The jerks among them would still be rude and uncivil.

If somebody cannot deal with this simple logic, he or she would be better off not playing random battles that have absolutely no skill-based match making. Random is a bit like real life: You have to live with different kinds of people. If somebody finds it difficult, better find a way to live a sheltered life.

• Cool 11

Players
1,422 posts
13,026 battles

Ive been trying as of late to be less toxic towards the "lower end" of the player base. I mean, sometimes you can for example meet a 60 year old dude that probably plays for other reasons than tryharding like us.

But when some 40% WR guy with 15k battles starts talking smack, i find it hard to hold back. Working on it though :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Players
2,233 posts
14,314 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

I mean, sometimes you can for example meet a 60 year old dude that probably plays for other reasons than tryharding like us.

Hey!  :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
14 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I mean, sometimes you can for example meet a 60 year old dude that probably plays for other reasons than tryharding like us.

We had a guy that was 60+ back in the days playing competetive BF2 and he was good … there are plenty of Rambos out there :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
1,422 posts
13,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

We had a guy that was 60+ back in the days playing competetive BF2 and he was good … there are plenty of Rambos out there :cap_rambo:

I play with some all the time. Nothing wrong with that :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles

45% WR warriors should have their typing privileges revoked. Especially in ranked.

It's literally impossible for them to contribute through chat anything that will improve team's chances of winning. Quite the opposite.

Next nevel tactics and flame because you didint suicide into the cap with them is all you will get.

You may have better luck asking Donald Trump about quantuum physics.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,340 battles
3 hours ago, Quazie said:

help players develop and improve so that they can give you a better game

How can i help players that never respond in chat? No reaction to a call for support or advice for direction - simply running into a corner, waiting there to get sunk. Like these two lads in my last game:

Spoiler

5b93247a0ce6f_theblaaah.thumb.jpg.965d92399c6cb3528a70e46d39a8abdc.jpg

And please explain to me how can it be fun to always suck like a vacuum cleaner and lose the fight.

They both survived till the end (yeiii), they both got bottom-scorer. And yes, sometimes i see a ship moving in the first 3 minutes and know the players winrate. In this case i expected both to be around 45% but it´s even lover. I didn´t use chat today for anything but information sharing ("DD i support you at B"), no insults or anything. But that doesn´t change the fact that there are more and more such buoys that float around and "just want too hawe foon". But is it fun to sit behind an island for eight minutes? C´mon....

Also, Ignorance is a bad attitude too. "I am here to do my stuff, fck you all who want to support each other" This is a team-game, if you can´t cope with being part of a team, find another game that suits you better. Or go and play Co-op (see what i did there?).

Here are the results btw. If anyone cares.

Spoiler

faktards.thumb.jpg.e847a755539f4caebe258781a1c4c32c.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
88 posts
7,113 battles

The plot twist here is that people play the game with vastly different attitudes and motives. Some are competitive-minded, try to do what they feel most helps win the match, and try to improve. Add some basic WASD skills to that and you've got a 65% WR player.

On the other hand, some may be drunk, stoned, absent-minded, and/or simply don't care too much about winning the battles. Add some poor eye-hand-coordination to that and you've got a 40% WR player. But they're also choosing to play to pass some time, and evidently enjoy random battles more than co-op -- their choice. Some might consider human opponents fun but human team mates a necessary evil, and don't pay any attention to the chat.

Bottom line: If one doesn't enjoy the company of bad players, random is a wrong place to go. It's just what the name hints: you've got all types. I'm competitive myself, and often frustrated by some team mates. But if they don't seem to read the chat or whatever, I just let it be, and try to win the match regardless. If I lose my cool, it's usually because of somebody whining or talking *hit on the chat.

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
5 hours ago, Quazie said:

If your win rate is 55% then fine you play better more consistently than me or you are lucky with match making, if your are 60%+ sure your better, or you seal club or stat pad or use aim assist, I don't know and don't really care.

That sentiment is so preciously loaded, I stopped reading after that.

But even from that little I can already tell that whilst you might not be technically wrong with whatever else you said lateron, you're definately not right either.

• Cool 2

Players
405 posts
4,210 battles

winrate doesn't bother me.  It's randoms so what you gonna do. However, player rating is another story.  the tiny real peen/big e-peen crowd focus entirely too much on WR like you can help that. Doesnt matter how super uni you are, if you have a turd team, you're going to lose no matter what.

[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,593 battles

If people have a 50%wr and are doing decent damage at least trying to play well then no problem with that. But I see peoe with 45%, 40% and sometimes even 30%wr over hundreds of games in their ship and just think how do they do that they must be trying to do badly. I don't see the fun in the game if you are that bad and can't be bothered to learn. Especially tier 10 cvs. I saw a hakuryu the other week with a 28%wr over about 500 games. 8 just don't get that kind of player, it Confuses me. 

• Cool 4

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,504 posts
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

If people have a 50%wr and are doing decent damage at least trying to play well then no problem with that. But I see peoe with 45%, 40% and sometimes even 30%wr over hundreds of games in their ship and just think how do they do that they must be trying to do badly. I don't see the fun in the game if you are that bad and can't be bothered to learn. Especially tier 10 cvs. I saw a hakuryu the other week with a 28%wr over about 500 games. 8 just don't get that kind of player, it Confuses me. 

If there are player with 55, 60 or more percentage winrates, there need to be players with less then 50 % winrate. Statistics sometimes really are that simple. If there are 80+ winrate players there is a high probability for below 20 % players to exist. As long as both types of players enjoy playing, both have an equal right to play.

Not every player can be equally good and there will always be players who are less skilled then the average. If you do not understand that concept please visit school once more. It's almost basic math.

• Cool 2

[-EE-]
Players
27 posts
6,635 battles

Last night of rank we had one guy that refused to listen to team and in the end he cursed everyone.I've made a ticket about it.

Of course we lost badly because all he did is stand in C spot instead help DD which was pushing and with some help he could cap B.

7.09.jpg

Players
782 posts
3,613 battles
5 hours ago, The_Baptist said:

45% WR warriors should have their typing privileges revoked. Especially in ranked.

It's literally impossible for them to contribute through chat anything that will improve team's chances of winning. Quite the opposite.

Next nevel tactics and flame because you didint suicide into the cap with them is all you will get.

You may have better luck asking Donald Trump about quantuum physics.

I am this but I have made it to Rank 12, I am sure I am more of an asset than a liability and revoking my typing privileges would do more harm for the game than good me thinks :), so that don't help.

RWLuYw3.png

@ OP: I completely agree with you, there a lot of high WR players that think they are gods compared to everyone else and treat everyone like shi*, but what they don't seem to realize is at some point in the start of their game they were just as bad as us.

I don't believe anyone here has ever started off with a WR above 50% and maintained it. In the beginning we all made the same mistakes, its just those lesser humans that try to claim otherwise.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-EE-]
Players
27 posts
6,635 battles

I am currently rank 6,i dont have amazing stats but i like to have a plan so at the begining im telling mine,if people dont like it i expect someone else to make another.

So far worked pretty well.in like 80% people listened,in like 65% we won.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
957 posts
7,738 battles
8 hours ago, Quazie said:

You are statistically more likely to be hit by a meteorite than to get above 60% Win Rate by pure luck. Including stat padding. 

Besides everything else, there are reasons for people to have such a high WR, myself included, a willingness to learn (especially from one's own mistakes) is the best tool you can have to better yourself at anything, games or otherwise. People have such high WR's because they have learned how to reduce or eliminate their mistakes and how to maximize their own efficiency through a conscious effort or learning the game's mechanics, how those mechanics work, and how to get the most out of those mechanics. 

There are dozens of youtubers with tutorial vids for beginners on how to angle, what ammo to use, how to position yourself, concealment etc. and this is usually where high WR players send people who ask for help - there is a reason for that. A ton of people either don't know about these vids or worse - willfully ignore them. That is why you end up with, to take one example, Shimakaze players who run Target Acquisition Modules over Concealment Modules. There are many more examples that I won't list off. 

• Cool 4

[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,593 battles
24 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

If there are player with 55, 60 or more percentage winrates, there need to be players with less then 50 % winrate. Statistics sometimes really are that simple. If there are 80+ winrate players there is a high probability for below 20 % players to exist. As long as both types of players enjoy playing, both have an equal right to play.

Not every player can be equally good and there will always be players who are less skilled then the average. If you do not understand that concept please visit school once more. It's almost basic math.

If you but even a little bit of effort you can easily be above 50%wr. I'm not arguing statistics here I'm arguing how much effort players bother to get in. I know you're trying to be smart good on you for that but your comment has nothing to do with the point I'm making. Yes there has to be players bellow 50% but I'm saying that it's extremely easy to be better than that. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,725 battles
25 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I have made it to Rank 12

Reminds me that I should continue my ranked journey rather soon. And don't forget to give your teams credit.

a lot of high WR players [...] were just as bad as us.

I doubt it, really. Don't think that achieving a 50% wr is hard. You'll just have to consistently make good decisions and having those pay off in 5 out of 100 matches (say, reacting to being capped) - that's +5% wr for you.

don't believe anyone here has ever started off with a WR above 50% and maintained it.

Even I managed to do that, never dropped below 52% - but a long time I didn't know how to use "time to target" properly, so my aiming was crap.