You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
octred

Battleship AP vs DD - work satus

50 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
9,750 battles

I would like to know when announced bb ap penetration fix vs dd will be implemented ?

Players
139 posts
6,307 battles

as soon as a viable option is found.....the last change that was tried had some unwanted side effects so it wasnt implemented. WG said they r working on it.

lg maggie

Players
15 posts
7,117 battles

For now all you can do pretty much is show broadside instead of angling towards BB AP in a DD, worked out many times for me where i just ate overpens instead of full AP Penenentration damage.
WG said they were working on something i believe, they wanted to nerf DD armour if i recall correctly.

f90205a92e.png

[SCRUB]
Players
1,620 posts
13,715 battles
37 minutes ago, Like_A_Freakin_Dolphin said:

WG said they were working on something i believe, they wanted to nerf DD armour if i recall correctly.

f90205a92e.png

Think that one got trashed due to cruiser AP then being able to arm on DD's. Which IMO is better than what we have now with the BB AP sticking in the ship. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,620 posts
13,715 battles
9 minutes ago, Djerin said:

There is nothing wrong with BB AP vs DDs. 

That might be your personal opinion, but even WG says that there is something wrong with it. So in reality it is. 

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
316 posts
15,015 battles
31 minutes ago, Djerin said:

He played ONE (!) battle with DD, so for him it is great... Needs some TX games in DD against Montana sniping him from other side of map...

Players
937 posts
5,971 battles

If i remember well, Sub_Octavian said during Gamescom that their previous solution was abandonned due to it causing many bugs, but they are now working on something else that looks more promising, but he didn't give more details.

I think it was during a QA session with Mr Conway.

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

One temporary solution could be : +x amount of dispersion on the bb when you are getting shot by a bb.
Like the bonus from the camo.This could be added as a hidden value/stat on the A and B hulls of all dds.

Another could be to "on the fly" change the arming distance properties of the shell when shooting a dd.
Som1 in another thread suggested to just hard code all BB AP shots to overpen. This would lead to a situation where dds would be able to point blank rush high tier bb and torp them.
So what if we introduced a range threshold for the above solution?

Above 8km, the arming distance of the shells when shooting dds would be way higher than bellow the 8km mark.

[SCRUB]
Players
988 posts
8,105 battles
24 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

Som1 in another thread suggested to just hard code all BB AP shots to overpen. This would lead to a situation where dds would be able to point blank rush high tier bb and torp them.

Generally, this still wouldn't be an issue, at such ranges a Montana can hit all 12 shells relatively easily, or at least 9 (to take one example,) that's still what? 10-14k dmg? If the DD is on more health than that at a point he could point blank rush a BB, frankly that DD deserves the kill. 

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,838 battles
11 hours ago, octred said:

I would like to know when announced bb ap penetration fix vs dd will be implemented ?

Why is this hurry? WG can't solve everything in 1 night like BB citadel removal. They have to find out if their Bbabies will be concerned or not.

Just look at CV rework. It took them 3 years to make an utter trash bullsh*t just so BBs are going to get the best of it.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Couldn't this be quickly fixed by giving DDs better camo vs enemy shell dispersion?

It wouldn't affect Cruisers as much as they have good dispersion anyway so it would hit BBs harder.

Problem solved?

[JRM]
Players
1,953 posts
16,187 battles

Or they just add heal to all t8+ dds and cruisers and make it heal 50% penetration damage on dds

• Cool 1

Players
3,197 posts
3,518 battles
2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Couldn't this be quickly fixed by giving DDs better camo vs enemy shell dispersion?

It wouldn't affect Cruisers as much as they have good dispersion anyway so it would hit BBs harder.

Problem solved?

No it wouldn't. because really you cannot 'aim' or 'snipe' a DD at long distance.

You can just throw enough sh... on a (really small) wall. There's no 'sure hit'or 'snipe'.

Not even when the DD is standing still... 

The one shell hitting the DD now, might have missed when it had more dispersion.

But that other, which now just missed, might hit due tot that same dispersion. 

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,918 battles
4 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Generally, this still wouldn't be an issue, at such ranges a Montana can hit all 12 shells relatively easily, or at least 9 (to take one example,) that's still what? 10-14k dmg? If the DD is on more health than that at a point he could point blank rush a BB, frankly that DD deserves the kill. 

Still, one has to be careful about doing some across-tiers "fixes", because not every T10 BB has Montana accuracy and 12 guns, and also lower tier BB will be "fixed". 

Even with Montana hitting DD with 9 shells at those >10km is rare, and less accurate/less DPM BB have even more trouble. On the other side 10-14k doesn't kill T10 DD, and BB has to wait 25-35s for the next chance. Sure, random rare blaps look spectacular on YT, but with secondaries close to useless (in typical builds) BBabies need something to at least deter DD from unpunishable yoloing. 

I'd say that at close range BB dmg should stay as it is, we just need to eliminate DD sniping (lazy one, with AP) from >10km, even if it's rare.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,334 posts
10,816 battles
14 hours ago, Djerin said:

Says the guy with 1 (!!!) DD game.

As for the actual BB AP vs DD balance tweak ... you can wait for that a long time yet. I also somehow oubt WG is doing much in the way of testing, since the last time they tweaked the ballistics model it suddenly made battleships so much easier to consistently citadel that I severely doubt they had done much if any in the way of actually testing that, because they would've surely caught on to that without the playerbase suddenly rejoicing over being able to punish broadside battleships again (which they naturally insta-rolled back).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,196 posts
8,329 battles
15 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Think that one got trashed due to cruiser AP then being able to arm on DD's. Which IMO is better than what we have now with the BB AP sticking in the ship. 

nonono, you dont want that ... believe me :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,196 posts
8,329 battles
16 hours ago, Djerin said:

spraying-fat-kid-face-water-%20Modern-Fa

• Funny 6

[DPT]
Players
295 posts
8,520 battles
16 hours ago, Djerin said:

Spoiler

shot-18_08.30_21_51.33-0674.thumb.jpg.d9bca5992a9009e7b78aa3a8cdaa5741.jpg

Montana AP on Khaba. 10+ km and it were only 13k because thats all the remaining HP she had left. Go figure how balanced that is...

[SCRUB]
Players
1,620 posts
13,715 battles
42 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

nonono, you dont want that ... believe me :)

Better than it is now :cap_hmm:

40 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

spraying-fat-kid-face-water-%20Modern-Fa

Stealing that one! :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[RL7S]
Players
187 posts
2,588 battles

Khaba is a unique case though, being less vulnerable to smaller guns but having enough armor to reliably arm BB shells.

I mean, can you do that to a Shima or Gearing?

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,233 battles

I don't know, why this is so hard. Just reduce AP Dmg by lets say 50%, when a bb hits a dd. Not the cleanest solution, but would work

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles
7 minutes ago, Alex_Connor said:

Khaba is a unique case though, being less vulnerable to smaller guns but having enough armor to reliably arm BB shells.

I mean, can you do that to a Shima or Gearing?

ranked finished 20 min ago, gearing at 9kms at 45°

balans comrade

shot-18_09.08_16_44.21-0323.thumb.jpg.747321993ed1e96df3e6656d1e46697a.jpg

[NWP]
Players
5,356 posts
6,757 battles
4 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

ranked finished 20 min ago, gearing at 9kms at 45°

balans comrade

DId you hit 11 in one salvo? I dont consider that to be the norm also 11 overpens would have caused almost 15k damage regardless.

25 minutes ago, Desteban said:

Montana AP on Khaba. 10+ km and it were only 13k because thats all the remaining HP she had left. Go figure how balanced that is...

Khaba needs to get punished by BB AP :fish_book: Thats why you just cant make all BB AP on DDs overpens, because Khaba.

If said it in another thread recently, but for some odd reasons ppl didnt like it (dunno why tho):

Damage must be calculated in relation shell + ship getting hit, not by the shell only. F.e. Big caliber AP on DD = less damage than on Cruiser/BB/CV.